Bryanmc's Build Thread - Complete Newbie

Spot putty should take care of that, you would have to go over with a full coats of paint though

You will have to sand it down once it's dry, but you can do this wet and with fine wet and dry sandpaper, 600gritt or higher, shouldn't show up on final coats.

• Like 1

Info thread on spot putty on RPF may be of help http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=150581

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2

Amazing! Looks great.  :)

I'm not sure if you need longer knee gaskets. Just play around a bit with moving the leg pieces around a bit to find a position where it looks good and is comfortable.

Also, if the shins don't want to slide over the boots, try to put some white tape around the very top of the boots to tighten them up. That might improve the look a bit if you have a problem there.

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of with the legs. I've literally spent 3-4 hours working on them. That's why I assume I'm just an idiot because I can't figure out why they won't work well for me.

I have no more clearance in the gaskets so the shins can't be any farther away from the thighs than they are now, and the thighs can't move any further down on they will be over my knees.

If I had 3-4 more inches on the gaskets everything would be great.

I'm 5'11 and the ANOVOS gaskets barely fit (if you want to call it that). You're not going insane, the gaskets are not long enough.

Did you order a set of Wyhatts?

For now you can try lowering your ab.

Your gaskets look like fabric to me... but yeah, the Anovos ones are definitly to short. 

I just compared your pictures to mine and tried to measure the distances. I'm only about 5'9" and my shins and thighs are about an inch further apart than yours. My initial impression was wrong, you are absolutly right: you need longer gaskets. Higher boots, like the TFA boots from IB, might also do the trick. To me it looks like that is where Tony gets his extra height.

Your gaskets look like fabric to me... but yeah, the Anovos ones are definitly to short. 

I just compared your pictures to mine and tried to measure the distances. I'm only about 5'9" and my shins and thighs are about an inch further apart than yours. My initial impression was wrong, you are absolutly right: you need longer gaskets. Higher boots, like the TFA boots from IB, might also do the trick. To me it looks like that is where Tony gets his extra height.

Yea I'm about at my limit on everything. At minimum with ANOVOS gaskets I'll have to put velcro on my boots and shins to keep the boots from pulling out. 

Thanks Marcus.

Bryan drop your ab and thighs. If you look at Marcus's pic, his chest plate rides much higher on his ab than yours and it appears his thighs are farther from his cod also. This should give you more room to work with.