Nylon Strapping with Snaps

I want to go the "snaps" route if I can with my TK build from Anovos. However, since it's going to be forever and a day before it gets here, I want to totally take my crappy Rubies junk and practice installing snaps on that ABS material. At this point, it's ok with me if I wreck it, just want to practice making snap mechanisms. And forgive me, I looked around here quite a bit and elsewhere and I can't seem to find an answer to these questions:

Where can I buy good quality nylon strapping and snaps? Looked at Hobby Lobby but got lost. But more importantly, is there a specific thread/link on directions for installing a snap system for a TK?

Thanks.

Some of the tools you will need are:

Snap setting tools- For.. well..  setting snaps.

A hammer-

Razor knife-  (Preferable a heavy duty one with a retractable blade) for cutting the nylon straps.

Soldering/wood burning iron-  I promise you that this is the best 13 dollar investment you can make when it comes to this part of your build.  Use it to make the holes for the snaps and to melt the ends of the nylon to prevent fraying.  Available at Lowe's, Home Depot or the like.

Some great advice from Mark and Jason about the Tandy snaps.  Do not even think about buying cheap ones.... you get what you pay for!

I literally stole some snaps from my dear old Mom's sewing basket. Thanks for the info on making sure I get good ones. For all I know, she bought these at Wallyworld.  :)
I'll look into the resources provided, I want the really sturdy stuff...industrial style.  :)

For the stapping material I went with strapworks.com. You can get all the elastic and webbing from one stop that you will need for your build.

• Like 1