Hand Plates/Gloves = Sonnenschein
Inner Drop Boxes = AM 2.0
Holster = Darman
Neck Seal = Darman

Front-Arms at side

DSC02432_zpsqzjxb8vf.jpg

Back - Arms at side

DSC02421_zpsbcsms4qd.jpg

(This one makes it pretty clear I need to raise my shins somehow.)

Left - Arm raised

DSC02423_zpsvarishi4.jpg

Right - Arm raised

DSC02428_zpstlk6nvul.jpg

Right Side Detail - Arm raised

DSC02426_zpsrwuobgly.jpg

Left Side Detail - Arm raised

DSC02425_zps2jonnoi8.jpg

Abdomen Details
41beef60-1e50-4171-bb8b-7072e5ec41bd_zps

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment

DSC09419_zps6i1agueq.jpg

Interior Strapping

fc49b430-2283-44da-aed2-78c95753fdd3_zps

Front

DSC09435_zpszyfymmub.jpg

Left

DSC09436_zpsd3b6e0h8.jpg

Right

DSC09438_zpslskfde2u.jpg

Back

DSC09437_zpsbzmxgatz.jpg

Hovi Mic Tip Detail

DSC09440_zpsfg2wkbof.jpg

Lens Color

DSC09439_zpsidrc0w5v.jpg

Blaster Details

(This is just my $15 drop weapon. I have much better blasters in work)

Blaster - Right

DSC09444_zpsotftiyt2.jpg

Blaster - Left

DSC09442_zps61hy0lxr.jpg

Accessories Details

Neck Seal

DSC02435_zpsbuiqvipn.jpg

Thermal Detonator - Back

DSC09412_zps3mx6bjf1.jpg

Holster Attachment

DSC09415_zpsafcknkcl.jpg

Armour and helmet look great.  Your ammo belt on the right thigh might be a bit low.....but I'm not sure what's exactly allowed.   You may have already addressed it during your build, so I'll just let the experts chime in!  Good luck!!

Hey Sean, well besides your blaster needing power cylinders, D-ring, paint the tip and making sure you have 6 T-tracks and a row of holes left (I cant clearly see these) you should be good to go. Your brow appears a bit low also but its not a deal breaker IMO.

Looking good brother, good luck.  :duim:

Regarding the gap between the thighs and shins in the back that you mentioned, I don't think you'll be able to raise the shins any higher without it looking weird around your ankles. You could possibly lower your thighs a bit to close your gap. You can have a bit more black showing between your cod and thighs and still be okay. Another option is to pick up a set of extra long shins from TM which are a few inches longer than what you have now. That's what I did. I'm 6'3" and my AM shins were too short. The TM and AM whites match very well too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sean, Sly and myself are aware of your application and we're currently reviewing it. Thanks for your patience.

Out of curiosity, are you actually reviewing both each application, comparing your results, choosing the points to keep, and then making the official post?

If it's the case, it feels to me like having two DOs will actually slow down the approval process, and that the DO workload won't be split at all.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Out of curiosity, are you actually reviewing both each application, comparing your results, choosing the points to keep, and then making the official post?

If it's the case, it feels to me like having two DOs will actually slow down the approval process, and that the DO workload won't be split at all.

For the now, yes, they intend to work on them together. To ensure consistent reviews between the two of them this seems smart to start out this way.

This is going to be a process of finding what works and doesn't with two DOs.

Who knows what those two knuckleheads will come up with to make things easier/faster?

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Okay, thanks for your diplomatic answer Eric. I think this way of working kinda counteracts the advantage of having two DOs, but as you say, this is the first time we have two guys in charge so it might take time to figure out how to make it work.

And sorry for derailing your thread Sean. Good luck with the approval.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Okay, thanks for your diplomatic answer Eric. I think this way of working kinda counteracts the advantage of having two DOs, but as you say, this is the first time we have two guys in charge so it might take time to figure out how to make it work.

And sorry for derailing your thread Sean. Good luck with the approval.

You're not wrong Germain.

And if nothing else I am indeed a politician :)

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good mate!

I know my lack of adequate blaster disqualifies me. I would just like to receive armor critiques so I can fix them while I wait on more parts.

As Tony says, although the CRL's don't mention Rubies yet, there's probably no reason why it can't be approved. Theoretically it should be easier to mid than a Hasbro is. - Drill out lower holes, add cylinders and D-ring. Done! Oh, and paint :)

Good luck.

Hey Sean, sorry for the delay, let's get started shall we.

Thank you for your application for Expert Infantry. Let's take a look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Excellent job on your build, very clean  :duim:. As you already know a approved blaster is required for EIB and we're sorry to say the Rubies version is not, even with some serious modifications as I'd mentioned in a previous post, I now have to eat my own words. Sorry brother. Before proceeding, in addition to the blaster we also need a action shot picture. If you could post those when you have time that would be awesome. Thank you

On a positive note your armor contains all the necessary elements to qualify for EIB    :jc_doublethumbup:. When you have your approved blaster please post the pictures so we can get you approved. 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section we'll discuss observations made by your fellow troopers as well as myself and Sly. Sometimes changes and or adjustments are suggested for the overall fitment of your armor. With that said tightening the belt would probably resolve the drooping issue as it will hold it against the armor tighter essentially assist in keeping it snapped. As for the gaps in between sections, your height alone may naturally create some excessive space in between sections however, we believe yours are acceptable as you've been able to balance your height and armor sections to give it a well balanced look over all. Great job again.

Centurion Suggestions:

A this moment the only thing we see that may need correction for Centurion is the drop box to belt alignment. From the angle of the pictures the drop boxes are to be aligned with the outer most edge of the ammo belt as see here in this reference picture. 

gallery_12157_59_162657.jpg

We have suggestion, we noticed that the ammo belt outer rivet covers aren't centered due to extra plastic at the edge. If you were to trim ammo belt edge removing enough to align with your drop box it would essentially centering the rivet covers accomplishing two things at once. Just a thought. 

Sean_tx-cropc.jpg

Thanks.

I had no misunderstanding about the blaster. I wouldn't wamt the crl to include them anyways.

I'll take an action shot when i get a chance but i may aswell wait on the blaster.

Here is the side rivets.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/seantheawesome/stormtrooper/8a1413aa-88f8-4597-b81f-783950d00d03_zpshkysckin.jpg

Interesting about the drop box alignment. When i riveted them they are flush with the outter edge when the belt is off. But i didn't notice they slide forward like that when worn. I'll try adjusting them.

This is the only picture i haveof that right now.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/seantheawesome/stormtrooper/tapatalk_1443896523949_zpsjttvsm2n.jpeg

That stinks about the buttons. I wonder why the kits guide hole is off. I e6000ed the covers i might be able to just adjust them. Or do as you recommended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Hey Sean thanks for the ab picture but I need the other right side  :duim: . No rush there's time. Thanks for the clarification on the drop boxes, a picture with them in the correct position would be awesome and no worries about the ab belt rivet covers it's only a suggestion.

All we need now is a action shot picture and blaster and your set brother.

Sorry brother. Before proceeding, in addition to the blaster we also need a action shot picture and a picture of the right side ab rivet. 

You do realise the ab rivet is not required until Centurion? 

I think he means the fake snap on the right hand side not the crotxh rivet?

But yes the snap is a centurion thing. I just had it put on from day one to hold the armour closed.

Edited by sylverbard

Oh the side snap. Hmm i actually don't have a picture of that. I'll have to take one when I'm by my armor again.

But the inside just incase.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/seantheawesome/stormtrooper/a4ba1d3d-1deb-4b1b-b9df-25598d6955f5_zpshpof7e0e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk