Vertex TFA pistol (WIP)

Vertex

Well I've jumped on the bandwagon as well and figured I'd share my progress to date. I still need to do some tweaks but I'm about 90%+ there. As others I'm planning to print this and mount on an airsoft Glock.

I hope to start the printing process by Tuesday or Wendsday. I drew a lot of reference from the pics for hot toys TIE pilot.

vFIRQ1Y.jpg

8SMfhhf.jpg

iMsHAAL.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't considered that and as it so happens I got an email asking me to show how everything would look assembled. I should have probably broken it down to sub-parts. I provided them an image so let's see what they come back with.

• Like 1

I've had a couple of emails go to/from their CS. Still waiting to hear back on final call. Confidence is low right now but worse case I'll break the model into parts that are less than 10cm and then have them print it.

Edited by Vertex
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. The printed parts are on its way. While I wait for them to arrive I picked up a second hand G17 at one of local airsoft shops. I'm hoping to have everything assemble by next week.

yCLJnY2.jpg

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 3

Ok after playing around with the parts for this build here are some additional pics.

As I mentioned in one of my previous post I had to break down the model to parts that were no longer than 10 cm due to Shapeways  policy. The parts affected by this was the main body as well as the sights.

Here's a pic of the 3 parts for the body glued together.

vG3WKPK.jpg

This does present some seams that I'll have to fill in with some putty and sand down. Not a big issue though,

KWaQFWU.jpg

The sight.

QvtGFPe.jpg

A quick test fit before gluing.

BOOHAec.jpg

Edited by Sly11

Here the end cap which will serve as the battery compartment in a future upgrade. It just slides in and is held in by 2 pins.

bRBf8zz.jpg

cFq5NhT.jpg

RIPFNWz.jpg

Edited by Sly11

Another quick test fit of the muzzle.

TAAnnxU.jpg

Overview of all the sections.

TxnYU21.jpg

Yet another quick test fit without the muzzle and rails. I still need to do a light sanding and paint before I can glue things in permanently.

TOYY9Mb.jpg

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 2

Very nice!

I almost feel like I should get back working on mine. I need to resist... Wait for better reference pics... Damn that's hard!

I know what you mean. I relied heavily on the reference available from the hot toys figure. So there's always a little concern as to its accuracy. I was lucky in that I was able to see the actual figure at there flagship store here in Tokyo. That's how I was able to pick up on some of the details on the bottom of the receiver. I'm still somewhat confident that I have a decent reproduction. :)

I'm seriously considering making a resin kit available but it may be some time before I get to it. I've got a couple of other projects going, in addition to another costume build for a member of the household. So I've got one too many things up in the air. Also, I'd would likely want to wait till the movie is out cause I want to make sure what I have is accurate before taking people's money.

However if someone **really** wants to have it now please PM me and I will make it available through Shapeways. I will place it without any markup but keep in mind that Shapeways is somewhat pricey and your are looking at about $210 (which is what I paid) for the parts.

Edited by Vertex