Painting the Vocoder (AM 2.0)

Hello, I'm currently having a lot of trouble painting my vocoder of my AM2.0 correctly. First, each strip of it just blends into the helmet, so there are no curved lines for me to follow at all. Currently, all the lines blur together in a rounded shape, but I need to go back and fix it. How would you recommend getting spraypaint off a bucket without damaging it? And then how do I get the rounded shape of each vocoder line?

Hey there Jonathan, you can probably get the paint off with some mineral spirits.<br><br>

As for the curve... That's a little bit tougher to say. I used a brush with a shaped tip on it that made painting the curves and edges a lot easier. If you're using a standard "torch" shaped brush, it might be difficult to do. A brush with stiffer bristles might also help you out.

Good advice from Tim and Mathias. 

I also suggest  you draw an outline with a pencil where you want to paint. It makes for an easy guide that rubs right off when you're done. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with the tip of light pencil marks. It can help you see contours, etc that can get lost when you are focusing on the object with a loaded brush.