Newbie ESB Build

Well I got a little bit done on the strapping and did a test fit . My 12-year-old daughter calls me a chubby trooper which I must agree with her , and definitely time for a diet but as you can see abs section fits fairly tight what are your thoughts on ab shims ?

image_90.jpg

image_92.jpg

image_91.jpg

image_89.jpg

image_88.jpg

image_87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question now that I have had the chance to see your initial fitting.<br><br>

How wide are the return edges on the butt, kidney, and back seams where they line up? Those don't need to be as wide and may provide you with another 1/2" or so of room if they are brought down a little.<br><br>

But the tape fitting looks close without shimming once the straps are in place.<br><br>

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Hey Michael looking great sir. I wouldn't worry too much about the weight thingy, you look pretty good in the armor.

I have a suggestion though, maybe trim off some of the back plate return edge for a cleaner look. 1/4" following the contour of the back should be good.

This is NOT mandatory, just a suggestion.

image_87.jpg

Should look more like this

gallery_12157_11_35429.jpgtrim%20chest%20return%20edge.jpg

Thank you guys this is what I needed some guidance on trimming in fitting this was just a first time it was binding in a few places for sure I'll post more pics as I trim and allow for more movement . Trying to get some of the straps sorted out which ones need to be webbing and which ones need to be elastic .

• Like 1

Thank you guys this is what I needed some guidance on trimming in fitting this was just a first time it was binding in a few places for sure I'll post more pics as I trim and allow for more movement . Trying to get some of the straps sorted out which ones need to be webbing and which ones need to be elastic .

Until you're finished I recommend nylon on everything except chest to shoulders. This will ensure everything will be in its place. Afterwards switch out to elastic. 

NOTE: I have a set of nylon and elastic for almost every section. When my weight is down I use nylon, when it's not, elastic. Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks awesome. Where did you get that hard hat insert? I have been trying to decide on helmet interiors.

I work in construction and grabbed it off the shelf . But any Home Improvement store should have , if possible get the knob adjustable one .

Hey Michael, vacation is over get back to work :laugh1:

Lol ! I'm on my vacation from my vacation ! Back it at after the first of the year .
  • Like 1

Well now that the holidays are over I'm back to my build most of the pieces are built . Still working on losing a few pounds after the holidays to do a complete test fit , need a little more time. Lol ! This is what I have so far still have to do one more thigh fitting.

And is the sniper knee look like it's in the right position ????

Looking at the pictures it also looks like I have two of the same shins ?????

Or is just me ???

image_115.jpg

image_116.jpg

image_120.jpg

image_119.jpg

image_117.jpg

image_122.jpg

image_124.jpg

image_125.jpg

image_121.jpg

Edited by Superbee
  • Like 2

Hey Mike looking awesome brother  :jc_doublethumbup:

As for suggestions don't forget to remove all forearm return edge material from the trailing edge (wrist side). Though it won't effect basic or EIB it will effect Centurion, which I know that's what you're shooting for.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

The sniper knee it looks to be in the correct position. Though it won't effect any approvals, it would make your armor look cleaner and eliminate any armor biting if you removed a bit more return edge as indicated below.

image_124%201b.jpg

Regarding the shins looking the same, welcome to AM armor, technically they are.

Welcome back Michael and Happy New Year!

Silicon Valley Comic Con is coming this March.    I'd be awesome for you to join us as a TK Centurion!   You can do it!  =)

Ok did alittle trial fit before strapping and bridges, I m having problems with the top back plate / bridge area Digging into my shoulders ( BAD ) !! Also the butt plate is pulling up in the middle back  and overlapping, I ve got a bubble butt , seems like I should widen the bridge gap ??? I can t really lengthen the strap on the chest plate its only got about 3/4 in over lap now !

image_130.jpg

image_129.jpg

image_128.jpg

image_126.jpg

Edited by Superbee

ok guys I lenghthened the gap at the bridge area , and heat gunned the rear top back pcs . that seemed to help .. but the butt plate is still riding up over the back lower ???? any thoughts how to fix this ?????

Also had to go back and tear the diceps aprt as they where to big .. I m hope this next week to hook up with a garrison mate to help with fittment Issues >>

• Like 1

Here's the inside pics

image_131.jpg

image_133.jpg

image_132.jpg

Maybe if I took some more of the return edge off ? Like you say maybe I need to move the strapping closer to the edge just not sure don't like the way the butt pieces riding back up!

Edited by Superbee

Hey Mike I'm pretty certain we talked this already but are you using nylon webbing in the area to connect the two? If so, my next suggestion you may not want to hear. Position the connecting straps between the posterior and kidney closer to the front like so. This may help prevent the area from stretching. 

image_132b.jpg  

However, to quote Newton's Third Law "For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction". In a nutshell tightening up this area will most likely have an effect on your waistline, which effects your ab to kidney gap.  

• Like 1