Newbie ESB Build

Hey Michael, incredible thread!  Since you have posted such great pics, which parts didn't meet centurian criteria?

Thanks!

Chris

There's really nothing that is holding him back from Centurion. We did suggest however that a section of the posterior be trimmed for aesthetic reasons.

• 2 months later...

Centurion is not at the top of my list as I feel I am already pretty close working on second build now , got to keep up with the Jones ! Lol

Quit bragging  :laugh1:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered my AM 2.0 kit it should be here end of June great pictures and layout. After seeing your build I'm glad I went with it. This will be very helpful for my journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A few questions for you. I'm guessing you just used E6000 on the straps with the snaps on the inside of the armor. Is the black webbing you used 1" ? Has the glue held up so far holding the inside of the torso. I've seen a bracket system and debating between yours and thaw brackets I've seen TK1662 on YouTube use. And info is appreciated.

Now remember as the title says I'm a newbie but in my construction I used 1 inch webbing attached with E6000 to all plastic parts . Have had no problems and I've had to remove a few to relocate and had a heckuva time getting them off so definitely E6000 is the way to go . The more I troop the more I find little adjustments needed here and there eventually this thing will fit me like a glove . Make sure to post a build thread so we can all help you along in your journey ! Best of luck .

• Like 2

Did you use nylon or elastic when you attached the armor kidney back butt ect. To one another

Nylon but I m redoing in elastic , and few other places and see if it helps with mobility . Play around and see what works for you .

• Like 1

Sweet I'm getting my punch list together and nylon and elastic are all I have left to get.

• Like 1

No luck in Maryland finding elastic or nylon. May have to order off line. Did get my black under suit at our outlets thou.

• Like 1

Hey man did your kit come with shims? Or did you need to purchase extra for thighs, forearms ect.

Excellent I meant cover strips lol ( damn newbie ) but you answered my question thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah..... Superbee has a new recruit    ;)

Hello RLH2515, most people will pick up an E11 blaster on the FISD forums.     You can either pick up a resin kit to build from scratch or a rubber ANH blaster and convert it to ESB.

My suggestion would be to visit the forums for these kits and check in regularly to see if someone is selling a finished ESB blaster.    You can also ask the forum for anyone will to sell their ESB blaster.

Walter

Slave fire in the for sale section he has a great product , keep an eye out for his B grades which are nice too . I got my ESB blaster from slave fire which is (Lewis ) from hyper firm and had him send me the parts also for ANH if I ever wanted to go that route .

Edited by Superbee
  • Like 1

I emailed Lewis. They don't make a ESB blaster specifically anymore. He sells a "naked" ANH one is this the rout you went ?

RLH2515

Last year I bought my blaster from him and a DLT as a package deal and he sent me the small parts for making it an ANH sorry to hear he stop doing that .