Newbie ESB Build

Looking great Mike. Be sure to secure the front of both thighs first and leave the rears uncut. Then with the help of your kids, have them fit it to YOUR thighs while wearing your undersuit. Reason is compression clothing will change your size slightly, thus altering the fit. Everyone's body shape is different, but if you can, try to taper the thighs to the knees. Of course not too small so that you can't get your foot through them. :) This will go a long way to getting the fitted look. You want to try to avoid having lower thighs that look like "bells" or too much wider than the top of the shins. Keep up the slow and steady pace, the finish line will be here before you know it.

Edited by toybiz

A little more tonight , also order quite a few things. :-)

image_42.jpg

image_41.jpg

Love watching glue dry ! Not !

image_40.jpg

image_43.jpg

I've seen others use a similar method but I use a piece of granite with sticky back sandpaper 100 grit and run my pieces across it to get a perfectly smooth flat edge when sanding .

image_44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any local countertop shop will have some scraps laying around that's where I got this one I've used it on other modeling builds it works so nice when you need a perfectly flat surface . Or I use half-inch glass as I am a Glazier so I can get glass all day long . Both are great surfaces to work on .

Any local countertop shop will have some scraps laying around that's where I got this one I've used it on other modeling builds it works so nice when you need a perfectly flat surface . Or I use half-inch glass as I am a Glazier so I can get glass all day long . Both are great surfaces to work on .

Or a belt sander.... lol

No progress tonight but it was like Christmas today . Big thanks to Bobby and his wife. Received a beautiful neck seal and an 8 ounce holster.

image_45.jpg

Also was able to get to the local movie theater and pick up four tickets for the 8: 20 showing of TFA . Woo hoo !

A little update , in the pics do the shins look like the halves are right and left , inner and outer are correct ?

image_48.jpg

image_47.jpg

image_46.jpg

And got my TD Clips today ... Thanks Tony , and my first Trading Cards , I need to know more about this , looks fun .

image_49.jpg

Looking good Mike. You are definitely on your way.

You may want to take a peek at Trooper Bay for the ESB helmet decals. The number of stripes and color is slightly different.  :duim:

I would recommend thinning the return edge on the bottom of the shins. No need for it since it is so low to the ground and plus it will allow the bottoms to be better fitted to the tops of your boots. Plus no horizontal edge digging into the boot as well. ;)

Edited by toybiz

OK a couple of questions as I proceed on . <br>

1- Webbing 1 in wide ( black) ?? I found some at Joannes today just wanted to make sure that it doesn't have to be a specific threadcount or anything ? <br>

2- White elastic for shoulders not sure of the width ???<br>

3- Ordered rivet set from Echo , do I need any more ????<br>

4- Returns on bicep remove on bottom leave a little on top ?? <br>

Much appreciated for the answers thanks guys . <br><br>

Here is my checklist to date : dones . <br>

Boots on order so cannot finish shins until boots arrive . Imperial boots <br>

E 11 blaster on order . Dday <br>

Holster purchased top strapping replaced now ESB<br>

Four arms finished less final trimming<br>

Shins and thigh cover strips all glued up<br>

TD complete <br>

Two piece under suit purchased<br>

Neck seal purchased<br><br>

Things still to order : <br>

Canvas belt <br>

Flat lenses for ESB approval <br>

Proper tube striping <br>

Helmet mounting system <br>

Need to replace bridge straps as one is ripped and one is smooth manufacture packing error.<br>

Attend armor party for final fitment and securing of rear thighs shins and full adjustment on upper body .