EXTRA DETAIL - BICEPS HOOKS:

3FA55DAB-CAC0-46DE-970F-4FBC70AD1365_zps

7DBE32ED-32FE-4D9C-A65A-F61C70BF3023_zps

ACTION SHOT:

tk%208_zpsjpfloeog.jpg

Photobucket album:

Build thread:

Edited by Navajo Bro

I know I have more in there that is necessary for EIB but would like feedback on the accuracy and look of all the extras.  Also, I took the green sheet shots with my hard handplates, I hadn't assembled the rubber ones at that time but have since completed them and added the photos.  Hope I submitted this correct, thanks!

Edited by Navajo Bro

Nice work on the assembly. But I have one comment on a common mistake with AM armour. You've trimmed your buttplate incorrectly. If should be trimmed at the indicated line.

It shouldn't affect your EIB, I'm just tired of seeing people make the same mistake over and over.

100_0446_zpsbrd5pc8r.JPG

gallery_12157_16_50082.jpg

Nice work on the assembly. But I have one comment on a common mistake with AM armour. You've trimmed your buttplate incorrectly. If should be trimmed at the indicated line.

It shouldn't affect your EIB, I'm just tired of seeing people make the same mistake over and over.

attachicon.gif100_0446_zpsbrd5pc8r.JPG

gallery_12157_16_50082.jpg

Wow how did I miss that?  So basically where my snaps are would be cut off... the red line should be where it is trimmed?  I can actually fix that no problem, I feel silly but also thought that was a little tight and close in there hahaha!  Thanks man :)

Wow how did I miss that?  So basically where my snaps are would be cut off... the red line should be where it is trimmed?  I can actually fix that no problem, I feel silly but also thought that was a little tight and close in there hahaha!  Thanks man :)

Yep. that's where it should be trimmed. Where you have the snaps right now is just extra plastic left from the vac-forming.

To be fair, AM is far from "trimmed" out of the box. They should either stop saying that, and/or make a better job of indicating where to trim.

Yep. that's where it should be trimmed. Where you have the snaps right now is just extra plastic left from the vac-forming.

To be fair, AM is far from "trimmed" out of the box. They should either stop saying that, and/or make a better job of indicating where to trim.

Yeah I understand that thanks, should be an easy fix I can cut that off and add new straps and re-do the elastic if needed :)

I get that "trimmed" part too, I let guys know it's cleaner then some raw kits but still needs to be cut to fit you so it's not really trimmed out of the box lol.  I also tend to only suggest AM kits for our bigger guys and most of our new recruits have been monsters, like well over 6' and well over 200lbs, so it was good for them.  I'm not tall but I am solid hahahaha, and I do like how thick the kit is so when I saw one up for sale I jumped on it.  I'll probably never hit Centurion level because of some of the fit issues being a larger kit on my size, but wanted to add as much accuracy as possible with my build.  Plus it was fun.

• Like 2

Be careful though. When you trim the butt point. You will need to extend the crotch strap or it will be to tight and cause diaper butt.

Be careful though. When you trim the butt point. You will need to extend the crotch strap or it will be to tight and cause diaper butt.

Yeah, I thought of that, it would be an easy enough fix... I have some extra split rivets if need be I can take it apart and re-do it, but I also left extra space on the snap end of the elastic while building so I might be able to fit in another snap.  I can also sew so another fix would be add another piece of elastic lol. thanks :)

Edited by Navajo Bro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Terry thank you for your EIB application and your patience

You do indeed have a lot of photos here, obviously much to go through so lets get into it.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All photos required are present and extras that you would like feedback on, but we are going to ask you to provide a couple more shots of the following items.

Clearer image of your boots.

As the EIB CRL states: There is no seam present on the front of the boot. It may be the lighting or creasing that appear on yours, but it does look like a seam line running up the front.

Thigh ammo pack Rivets: These need to be painted White, It looks like they may have been but the paint is scraped off. It could also be the lighting We would like a better photo showing them painted.

Can you please supply these before we move forward with your EIB badge.

You have done a great job with your armor, but unfortunately your Blaster does not appear as described in the CRLphotos..

The Blaster is required to have the correct number of T- tracks (6 total), with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.

This is accomplished by covering the per-existing rows of holes with T tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drilling a new row of holes in its place.

If this is an easy enough quick fix for you, great, I have no doubt in your skills .

Once you can get the above requests done, I will complete the remainder of your application.

Thanks again Terry, look forward to getting you across the line.

Post edited for accuracy .

Awesome thanks for the feedback, I wasn't in any rush :)

I have to check my boots, honestly I might need new ones - those are the only ones I had and they are from '06 so they might be outdated.  I think they were CA Boots but again, from a long time ago.  I am planning on getting new ones anyway, so that might speed things up.

The rivets do look washed out - that shot was from the first application and I've added more since then just need to give you a new photo.  

The blaster is another original conversion I did from way back when, I wasn't paying attention to the details on that sorry!  I have some other blasters, I'll see if they are accurate for EIB if not I'll forgo it until I get a new one.  I am saving up for a Hyperfirm since I've seen two of our new recruits with them :)

Again, I apologize for not noticing the boot and blaster details ... I was so focused on the new armor and making it as accurate and up to EIB as possible I didn't think twice about the "old" stuff I was using hahaha!  I'm glad that the new stuff I did seems to be okay then though :)

if you would prefer to leave it out, also great, we would just require a new action shot, minus the E11, and you could remove the photos  from your application.

Sorry for the thread hijack Terry, but for my future build... have the rules changed Sly? Do we not need a weapon for EIB (and Centurion) anymore?

Sorry guys, it was a rookie mistake, if you like.

I will clarify and also amend my comment in Terry's app.

A blaster is not required in Basic approval only.

EIB and Centurion have not changed, you need a blaster that meets the requirements of the CRL in both levels.

Hope this clears things up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries all around, I can definitely do the mods for the blaster if I don't have a more accurate one.  Again, I feel silly - the only two things I used from my original '06 suit are the two things I didn't even think about checking ahead of time hahaha!  

I'm more happy that my build is close enough for EIB, that was what I was going for.  As much as I love my FX simply because it was my first suit and I have so many trooping milestones and memories, I fully understood how out dated it was now and after helping build a few new ones with our recruits felt it was time to get back in line with the group lmao :)

• 3 months later...

I'm back!!!!!

I finally got my replacement boots from Imperial Boots and switched out my old Hasbro mod for a Hyperfirm :)

I put those photos in the first post application, and also a current shot of the ammo pack with better paint application.

A quick suit up but we were in the middle of building some new member's armor so it's a little rushed sorry.  I figured after the update notice you'd let me know if you actually need brand new full submissions shot, which won't be a problem I'd dedicate that to anther day.  I want to make sure there was nothing else before I do a that but for now here's a quick look:

IMG_5833_zpss1pa7aad.jpg

IMG_5832_zpscug7c4rl.jpg

IMG_5835_zpsjrqlmddp.jpg

IMG_5837_zpszaduzqcn.jpg

IMG_5841_zpsy3qe2pvu.jpg

IMG_5843_zpspm9fsoad.jpg