My First Build - AM 2.0

NerfHerder

So this is all happening very fast.  A movie obsession turned into an idea for a Halloween costume, which led me to this site.  I pulled the trigger on AM 2.0 armor yesterday, and per UPS, it will be here on Tuesday.  I am on the bigger side of things, 6'0" and 220-230 depending on what I ate that day.   :) I also have a bit of a barrel chest so I am hoping I made the right choice.  Only one way to find out I guess.  I am going to go for an ESB set to the best of my ability

I have also ordered a lot of other essentials: Gloves, Holster, E-11 Kit form Doopys, Neck Seal, Shoes, a few Helmet mods, etc., but I am otherwise clueless.  I am going to take the handy supply list posted in the forums to the hardware store tomorrow and buy what I don't have.  I have started glancing through the Dave's Garage videos.  Are their any other video's people recommend? I am still not quite sure how this whole thing actually fits together.  

I am also in need of TD Clips and a White Canvas Belt.  I wear size 38inch pants, and will measure outer armor to best of my ability when I get it.  If anybody has a line on either, send me a message and I can get payment out ASAP.  Some of the links in the forums seem to be a little dated.

I don't know if my Halloween deadline is realistic, but I am going to give it a shot.  I am not going to tackle the blaster until afterwards.  Is 3 weeks (Evenings and weekends) a realistic timetable for this?  I am fairly handy, but this is my first build of anything like this.

I will post pics of the Big Brown Box when it arrives.  If anyone is in the Denver area and wants to help with the build, I am sure I could use some advice and assistance.  Any other newbie tips, things NOT to do, etc., please let me know.

Happy Trooping!  

Edited by NerfHerder
  • Like 1

Hello Jason and great to hear you're on your way! Make sure you do lots of research and look for some AM 2.0 build threads that look doable or make sense to you. Lots out there to follow. I also recommend you get with other TKs in your squad to assist you to make your Halloween deadline. Otherwise I'm not sure you'll have enough time and knowledge to complete it. You can get a belt from TKittell and the clips you can make from a metal strip purchased from Home Depot. Good luck and make sure you post a build thread and keep everyone updated as it's the best and quickest way to get help.

I made a rather large purchase yesterday on amazon (shopping cart was 4 pages) and have about 95% of the misc. stuff on the way.  I followed the supply list thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

I have a few questions about what rivets I need to be using.  It looks like there are a few different kinds:  

5/16 (8mm).  Round head bifurcated/split rivets.

5 "speed rivets"
- Aluminum open end blind rivets.

Not exactly sure what I am supposed to be getting here.  Size, type, etc.  I do have a rivet gun and a bunch of aluminum blind rivets of various sizes, but not sure what it proper here.  I have no idea what speed rivets are, and am unsure about the bifurcated/split rivets.  Anyone with an amazon or other link to any of this stuff would be awesome!  I am also still looking for a belt maker.  Think I have everything else I need to get started other than my undersuit.  Heading to the mall shortly. 

asking the same question... what are "speed rivets" I see a multitude of different types and sizes when I search through google. you can find more information on this checlklist:-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...