ATA hero notch kidney plate dilemma

Having trouble figuring out which side is up with ATA kidney plate. I've read return edge, no return edge. I've read smooth curve return is up and flatter return edge is down, and vice versa. Ready to cut notches but don't feel like ordering another if I mess it up. Thanx in advance.

While I'm getting good at identifying armor makers by sight, I'd only be able to offer you an opinion on something like that if you included some pictures of your kidney plate, as well as it along with the back and butt plates lined up with it perhaps. I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question without pictures, but they definitely help. ;)

If you are looking at it from the side that faces in, (or I guess the other side as well) the top part has a slight rise toward the sides.

20151002_090309_resized_zpsrvf9j5ek.jpg

Edited by justjoseph63

I put the big rounded side up and someone told me it was upside down. However i sent pics to well, lets say a learned trooper and, he says the rounded side is down but has his upside down because it fits better. I also have mine rounded up and i got Centurion status with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk