WIP: TFA officer pistol

JimmyC

Alrighty guys.. as promised! These are .stl files... hope that works for everyone.

-----------

I'll still update this thread with my progress/painting and such!

First one to print one; let me know how it turns out!

Good luck and MTFBWY!

-Jimmy

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 2

a couple guys where having trouble with the file types. So I reloaded them and they are good now. and somehow the trigger file didn't transfer? strange since the entire thing was dragged and dropped from my folder over.. so I loaded that this morning. Let me know if anyone sees anything wonky with the files, and I can reload them. :)

Edited by JimmyC

Downloaded the files and turned them over to my 3D print guy last night. Hopefully I'll have the parts within a week or two.  :D

I've been waiting a long time for this, I can't wait to get my hands on the parts and start assembly - and after building one of Germain's 35-piece blasters, this one should be easy. :)

• Like 1

Made it halfway through printing all the white parts and the power supply on my printer burnt up.  Came home to a stopped printer that was only halfway through the main body and muzzle.  What did print looked great.  I've got it back up and running and I'll try the parts again over night.

Thanks again for sharing these.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my printed parts today. My print guy did a great job, so much so that I won't bother with sanding except where needed to get the parts to fit together, and the only painting I plan to do is (1) the raised part of the pistol grip that is supposed to be white, (2) the two raised parts on top of the main body that are supposed to be black, and (3) the part where the thigh holster mounts which I'll probably paint metallic so that it matches the corresponding part on my 3D-printed F-11D. I *might* put some shine on it by using the acetone polishing trick, but we'll see.

It took about two weeks of daily work to put together my F-11D blaster with all the sanding, painting, and gluing of the 35 individual parts. I expect the pistol will only take a weekend to assemble. :)

22666524171_d97291d34f_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, at the time of making these files, I used the few promo shots of the TFA TK running for the top, I found a pretty high res version. and there are a few side shots including the one off of the force awakens visual dictionary cover. The basic design for the size was based off a tactical handgun cover, which turned out to be pretty correct. Accuracy though, I would say this is about a 6 or 7 out of 10. a bit more than half right.. It’s the right size and basic shape. They just released some new reference photos so I’ll have a few fix’s on it now. once I find some time!  

Still looks amazing and we thank you for making these available! I hope to print one soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

post-24751-144795650728_thumb.png

Edited by zuko

Work in progress. Modded Nerf gun in comparison. Need to add the small detail screws, the large thigh holster mounting screws (which I'll probably just take from the Nerf gun), and the red detail that goes on the other side.

23205711256_5571381632_c.jpg

Unfortunately, 3DHubs does not allow printing of "weapons". Tried this route, only to be turned down. Bummed about it.

That wasn't my experience. I found my print guy via 3DHubs and I uploaded all of the files used via their interface. The Glock-17 model especially looks like a weapon. If you want, I can PM you the contact information of the maker I used and you can contact him directly.