WIP: TFA officer pistol

JimmyC

Hey guys,

Sorry its been a few days since my last update, I printed the main shell again and then made some more adjustments in the 3d program. I'm working on getting the Glock so I feel okay releasing the files. I also printed a new glock body (it took 21 hours) with the clip in. it looks nice but i found that i'll have to reprint it AGAIN! :( The outter grip that covers the glock grip was too far off the model (this is why I print tests).  The good news is, I have a few small things to print tomorrow to see how they turn out one or two things still left to fix on the model, the whole thing to print again (including the glock) organize the files and that's about it. I'm hoping for sometime next week to be done. and it better be soon; my girlfriend is about to kill me.

HMGnYFt.jpg

The trigger of the actual glock has a safety on it. I have this on but jammed in there real good. This thing is fresh off the 3d printer so it needs a lot of clean up. I'm hoping to leave some room in this bad boy for a 9volt battery and a couple LEDs and hopefully someone more experienced than me can hook up more lights and sounds.

bovHDMh.png

I don't have my TFA armor yet so I'm not sure how large to make the holster screws, so those are just place holders.

a1Yfh5B.png

I'll try to make an update soon with more progress.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 1

Alright, just a quick update again. I have one last part to update in the files and then the main section and gun needs to be printed again...  and we should be good to go!!

This image has some final parts, including the M4 sight, back section that holds the gun in (have already been cleaned up in the file), and the flash in the front. and I put the old gun back in because it's hallow and I wired an LED / 9 volt in the main section. :) it looks pretty awesome when its a bit darker.

skTGPsF.jpg

I have not tried fitting any other Glock in the shell other than the printed ones. but I'll leave that to you guys... :)

I'm hoping to have the files for you all soon!

-Jimmy

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 3

On 10/5/2015 at 11:39 AM, JimmyC said:

I did a quick print to see how it fits together, i didn't really clean it up too much and there are still a few parts i need to update and fix I also didnt print a piece that covers the handle to make is smooth... the Glock isn't complete but, I'm pretty happy with it.

]BH5ttwH.jpg

a banana for scale.

-Jimmy

Is that a US Standard Tactical Bananna, or an EU Issue Bananna?

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! I'm very very close here. I'll post some progress pictures tonight.

Do you have any reference photos showing the LED?

Well, other than the plastic Nerf toy has a red line about right there,

I only have one and its very faint. let me see if i can dig it up... :)

Is that a US Standard Tactical Bananna, or an EU Issue Bananna?

Banana is for scale... I'd say its US Standard, and it was delicious by the way... ;)

Alrighty, big POST... ! I think I have it to where I like it... here are some assembling photos! This model has very little sanding. I did it all in White and Black ABS plastic (Acetone works as a permanent bond with ABS plastic and the ABS Acetone paste can make amazing plastic filler. It also can shine it in small amounts), so there is a little bit of cracking that needs to be filled. lots of sanding ahead of me. I've already removed all of the support material. I would highly recommend jewelers files if you don't already have them.  I don't have the screws together yet, since I'm not sure what to use, but if its anything like the kids toy should be pretty simple.

main body

iBPJ65i.jpg

The GLOCK and how it connects.

dwSSglz.jpg

I'm doing this for the community and for people who have 3d printers. 

I did all of the black parts at once which took about 11 hours

The outer shell took about 19 hours (since i printed it on its side with infill)

and if you were wondering the Glock (just the main body part) 23 hours

and I plan on including this with the files.

i've only printed one barrel and one slide and have only had to print the polymer rails (things on the sides and bottom once.)

That flat piece on the side took 20 minutes.

here are my printer settings on most of the parts

.14 Layer Height

1.05 Shell

.84 Bottom/Top thickness

50% infill Density

60 Print speed

Support type EVERYWHERE

Brim EVERYWHERE

I left the LED out, since I cant find that picture. :-/ I swear I thought i saw a hint of red in one of them.. no matter, I actually got the LED's for the T5H's TFA blaster, took two seconds to solder up one to a 9 volt. :)

-Jimmy

• Like 3

James - Outstanding work !  Thank you for your efforts, the results are amazing.

I have had a 3D printer for 4 years, and I thought it was going to be reserved for producing frogs and sliding top boxes.  (hahahaha)   Thank you for making these files, and making printer owners happy to use their machines on something COOL !!!