WIP: TFA officer pistol

JimmyC

I've been working on this for a while, I dont know who else is doing anything with it but I would like to share what I have so far. I've already printed the Glock by itself.  There are a few parts I plan on changing and a few more that still need to be developed. along with LEDs... :)

YrIiohC.png

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 2

We are not going to be friend, my friend! I working on the same thing right now :). I have finally finished to design my glock 17 as I wanted to make my own model (mostly because I think some details from the original Glock frame won't be on the TFA part), and plan to begin on the KPOS today. It's up to me to do better than you now!

By the way, parts of the visor might come from a carbine M4A1:

11998510.jpg

OHH, I'm FAR from done with this...

T5H, I just couldn’t wait :)  I think the Glock is correct but the handle needs some work, and the barrel needs to be a tad shorter. But since it's 3d printed, I  can just cut it, and if it doesn’t look right, I’ll print another one. What’s really cool about it is that it's the entire gun, with all of the working parts. so the trigger moves, the slide moves... etc. it’s kind of scary that you can print something like that. with a little modifications, you might be able to make it actually fire. :blink:

I am very familiar with the M4A1 and the M16 front sight assembly (I'm in the US military), I was looking into 3d models. but for now i just have those sticks. lol

Wow, the glock model you found is complete with all the internal parts?! Very cool, scary as you say, but cool nonetheless. While i was designing my model i thought about trying to do that but it's quite some work! And I guess it's certainly forbidden somewhere in the law... It reminds me of a film with Clint Eastwood and John Malkovich I watched few weeks ago by the way ;)

Edited by The5thHorseman

I sure am getting excited about this.. its really starting to pull together! I might even attempt a 3d Print tomorrow after work! I have the screw holes in place but I dont know how it will fit together in physical form... Here is what I have.

WKDRIqt.png

IkDgYSZ.png

I haven't really done much to the other side. it just needs the "holster plate" attached. and the gun needs a custom paint job. I don't know how I feel about that small black spot at the top; I think I need a better reference photo.  And I don't know how I'm going to attach the front part. if it will just be part of the "shell" of if it will be detachable. I kind of want to go with one of each, so if someone wants to add a light or something to the opening.. I don't know... I'm open to suggestions! :)

-Jimmy

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 3

I did a quick print to see how it fits together, i didn't really clean it up too much and there are still a few parts i need to update and fix I also didn't print a piece that covers the handle to make is smooth... the Glock isn't complete but, I'm pretty happy with it.

Yw3cYpx.jpg

KmBcQqx.jpg

BH5ttwH.jpg

a banana for scale.

-Jimmy

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 3

Very nice.  Do want!  It does look like you have that AR-15 front site base slightly misaligned.  It's canted up a tad.  From the pics, it looks like the front post should be perpendicular to the blaster itself.

If you do a run, color me interested.  

I made a few changes, and I only have a few more to make when I get some free time, then I'll be printing version two. 

To answer some questions; I haven't decided on doing a run of these or not. I will be putting the files out there for the shell and greeblies, and possibly a flat version of the Glock...

The only thing I ask... Please do not sell them! As long as no one is printing these for profit.

aQzDp3w.png

GYUX17W.png

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 5

This is awesome work man! Appreciate the generosity of sharing the information and the files. It shows the true nature what FISD is all about. I know our 3d printers here in Taiwan look are fired up and anxiously awaiting to be used for our garrison here