ANH AM 2.0 Help me not mess this up!

linkwtf

Ahhhhhhhhh. Great day when the big brown box shows up. The AM 2.0 kit is a great kit and is pretty easy to work with. The first cut is the hardest but once you do it, all that nervousness will fade. Most like I did, start with the forearms or biceps as they are pretty easy. Research the CRL for what you need to do for each armor piece as the CRL is what you must follow for approval. Ask questions and the peeps here will help you out. Good luck and looking forward to watch your build

Ok first issue... I started with the forearms, but I remember seeing that the left forearm should have a curve near the bottom, but these both seem pretty straight to me? Am I crazy? also how do I cut these to fit? Also they seem to have 2 differnt curves at the top? is that correct?

G2eBMjw.jpg

Edited by linkwtf

The elbow side of the forearms are kind of left to creative interpretation. You can cut the left on the match the right one, you can take that little bit of return edge out of the one with the curve for more comfort against your skin.  Just make sure to line up the elbow sides when joining the halves. Don't sweat the wrist side too much as you can hone that when you ara done to make it perfectly even as seen here:post-12041-0-58643100-1443667976_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tips... I scared myself out of the next step... I took off all the return edges off the forearm pieces and sanded them down, but could not make the cut to fit them... I am having a hard time visualizing how it needs to be done... If any of you could link me a walk through that would be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To work out how much you can cut use some painters tape and close the two halves together butt joint the flat edge and overlap the raised side so that top of the raised area is about 15mm the width of the cover strip. <br>

Now slide your hand in and see how it fits if all is good that is how much you can cut if it's to loose ovelap the other side till you are happy mark up and trim. Hope that helps.

ok guys, confidence level shot way up after knocking out my first forearm. Ignore the tape, also edges and ends are not trimmed.

XFQZh5B.jpg

I do have some questions about fitting. 

1st: do you taper the cuts to fit your forearm? or just keep the cuts straight so that they butt up evenly?

Whats the trick for fitting? although these are starting to get snug on my forearm they still seem to slide if i have my hands down by my side, pictures below showing the gap by the wrist.

2LRahEe.jpg

Very little gap by the forearm

qoWggBN.jpg

Thank you for all your help!!!

does one of these shoulder bells look off to you guys?

16fD1p2.jpg

also I lost a lot of confidence when I got to the thighs... this AM armor is huge... I am 6' but had to take off 2 inches off the top to make them work for me... I think they look terrible... what do you guys think? Can you all think of anything to make these a little better?

nlxdrmR.jpg

W5qap40.jpg

Once you get the fronts trimmed and aligned, have a helper work on alinging the back so you don't get the church bell effect. For my build, that meant trimming on a bias (more at the bottom than the top) to get a proper fit.

Got the finishing strips going on the thighs ... reading yalls comments make me really feel like i messed up lol ... ill take a pic with one on soon... without trimming them they went down past my knees and made it impossible to bend at the knee... thats why i trimmed so much off... 

HAGxgSE.jpg

Started on the helmet, a few nights ago i glued the cap and back together... held the seam together with blue tape and magnets, Tonight i started screwing everything together i noticed the cap had a "ghetto lean" not really sure why hopefully you guys can help me figure out what I keep messing up lol...

I4b0Cww.jpg

obvious difference on the cap.

the side showing the cap and back seam... looks perfect to me

Rj5x8yL.jpg

a really awkward angle showing the back seam...

FXR7UvH.jpg

Alas i am not messing up everything... the biceps look correct.  

2z96mRZ.jpg

Apparently there was a disturbance in the force last night because as I sat down to work on the helmet i noticed that the Cap was a lot more even. Also i was able to put both ears back on with little struggle.

lJgB3kC.jpg

take a look at the ear gaps here guys.... I am pretty happy with it, I know most people struggle with it, but i seem to struggle with everything else... i'm going to chalk these up to a win.

r8Mxeux.jpg

SMkHzdu.jpg

And here are the teeth... I cut the out lines with a hobby knife, and then rolled up a piece of sand paper and essentially "flossed" the helmet with it... What do you guys think? 

TX41Sp2.jpg

mrfnB9i.jpg

Teeth look good, just square it up a little bit more. You can see you have a bit more to go on these close ups. Make that last tooth not so round. Can you try on that thigh with your compression pants and standing up? Have someone take the picture for you. Kind of hard to tell with the picture you provided. 

Check out this trooperbay video https://trooperbay.com/dark-green-lens-install/

Sorry I should have been a little more specific... The lenses that came with my AM 2.0 armor kit are thick bubble lenses, I've read people talk about building up the eye area to create more surface area but I haven't found a tutorial on how to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk