Is anyone near the Charlotte, NC area doing an armor build?

ShawnSoules

Have started my ESB bucket and would like to get started on my armor, however, I am drawing a blank and can't seem to figure things out. I've heard of some people having armor build "parties" I guess you would call them, and was wondering if anyone near Charlotte, NC was doing anything like that anytime soon? I'll do all the work no problem, just need to be shown what I need to do to get it done right and properly fit. Thanks for any and all help

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No and it's really kinda depressing that no one around here is responding at all. Was supposed to have the person that does the validating of the armor for NC/SC come to my house and help, but he has since taken a leave of absence. Got my bucket about 85% done, don't know when I'll get to the armor at this point. Lost the drive to work on it with no help.

• 1 month later...

Hang in there Shawn. If you are near finished with your bucket, that is generally regarded as one of the more difficult parts of the build. I'm new to this myself but I was able in seven weekends, with a few hours each of those weekends, get a Troopermaster 2 mm Hero kit to at least where it was wearable. You can see how I greeted trick-or-treaters below. There is still a lot of very minor tweaking to do before I take pictures for EIB and Centurion applications (heck, I'm not even registered with a garrison yet!) and I'm currently installing electronics in my bucket based on ukswrath's schematics and kits I purchased from him. Instrumental in my build are resources from ukswrath, FBJ, Troopermaster, Pandatrooper, JustJoseph63, Locitus, Gazmosis, PenCap510, Veedox and a whole slew of others. Since you are a fabricator for NASCAR, you more than have the skill set.

I live in the Charlotte area in Mooresville, just up the road from you. Other than the aforementioned online resources and PM's with the very gracious people in FISD, I've had to go at this alone given my 15-18 hour workdays. I'm just a newbie and don't know if I can be of assistance but maybe we can get together after the holidays.

tVaJwzr.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 1