RS Props intersction

As RS Propmasters are a " proper " company , they are at work every day , so a phone call is all that is needed . They are at the workshop every weekday . They have an excellent customer service reputation , and are only a phone call away at any time ...who could wish for more ?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No, it wasnĀ“t me - and i take it as a accusation.

Ā 

I just wanted to give you a head up that not everything is as shiny as their fans say (off course that is something whatĀ“s beeing noticed after the money is paid only, before payment everyone has a great service).

Ā 

But under the line itĀ“s your money and decision. I will have my fun, no matter if you later write a satisfied build thread, or even when you write a big complaint story about burnt money. IĀ“m fine with both.Ā  :D

Some of their TIE pilot customers have not been too happy either over on the JRS site.

Ā 

"I just received my completed chest box and armour from RS and have to say, I'm less than impressed by their QC.

Ā 

The box looks like it's been kicked around with scratches and cuts (I don't subscribe to the 'well that's like the screen used prop'). I want a perfect piece then I'll decide if it needs cuts and scratches.

Ā 

The rocker switches aren't even in a straight line.

Ā 

Main problem is the squares - in the wrong places- top row goes white, blue (from left to right) and bottom row goes grey, blue (from left to right). You can't even pop them off and reattach as the glue they've used is so strong and the plastic so thin, it will tear up the box.

Ā 

These guys might be Star Wars fans, but whoever assembled the box obviously didn't have a clue.

Ā 

OK, why not send it back? I've waited nearly 3 months to get it and the box is riveted to the front so you'd have to send the whole box/armour back. I don't want to wait another 3 months.

Ā 

Solution, mask off the squares and use paint to get them in the right order.

Ā 

My advice- if buying from RS, don't buy an assembled version- at least that way you won't end up with it wrong."

Ā 

And another.

"Also the feel of the stuff is like the real prop stuff.

It has paint and glue runs, it's very rough trimmed, it has scratches and scuffs so it's not as clean as you may know it from Laws or Moncal.

So that's may nothing for guys which like glossy and shiny costume stuff."

Ā 

Also, their Stormtrooper assembly work is shocking from an accuracy standpoint. But that's just my opinion (and many others behind closed doors).

And another.

"Also the feel of the stuff is like the real prop stuff.

It has paint and glue runs, it's very rough trimmed, it has scratches and scuffs so it's not as clean as you may know it from Laws or Moncal.

So that's may nothing for guys which like glossy and shiny costume stuff."

Ā 

Ā 

Hey i know this... :P

Ā 

Its as Paul said.

For me as more as a prop collector the look was ok as i want it in that look.It should be looked as it is.

Ā 

At the other hand , i have not asked for a worn or "f***ked up look... it just came in it.

So if i had liked to get shiny and scratch free "new" stuff for that amount of money, i had been very upset and disapointed.

Ā 

The major problem is as i think, how i say it in english.... ?...

Would say...perfunctory, careless and fast-paced working methodes should not be the excuse that it gives the product a screen accurate / screen used look .

Edited by Turrican