Cold Weather Compression Suit?

Just wondering what everyone is using for those cold days? I have the Eastbay suit I got from Trooperbay, but damn it was cold this morning. The Eastbay EVapor cold weather is only available in charcoal as far as I can see.

Sounds stupid but ever consider wearing the heavier cold weather thermals underneath the suit? That's what I used to do when running or skiing. It doesn't add much in the way of bulk and aside from creating a strange checkered texture on the outer layer, it looks just fine. Besides, your armor will cover up any appearance of the texture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was an option I considered, but I ended up getting a two piece suit from Costco. The polyester is mixed with Murino Wool. I haven't field tested them yet, but I'm hopeful.

• 5 weeks later...

I've worn thermal underwear under my spandex and still ended up freezing. I trooped out in the cold with a garrison mate who was wearing the cold weather under armor and he was still super cold. I guess it depends on how cold of weather you are wearing it in. Here in Utah we do the Salvation Army bell ringing outside and it's around 30 degrees.

I gave up trying to fight the cold and just bought a used Biker scout costume so that I can really bundle up and stay much warmer. That way I can still troop when it's cold and not have to miss great trooping opportunities.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out. Gets cold here in Jersey sometimes lol

Tried out the Wool blend last night. I actually wore it under my Eastbay. Both layers were thin enough, so it wasn't too bulky. What a difference a layer can make. I wasn't cold at all.

Thought I'd add my two cents..<br>

I use a Lycra bodysuit... In the cold weather I wear thermal underwear underneath... Works likes a charm, although if I know my troop will be inside and outside, I'll wear a t-shirt on my upper torso and long johns for legs. No worries about cold weather here... Just foggy lenses...

I got a new set of black thermals for the cold weather. They were a bit on the warm side and I ended up sweating a little last night but I'm sure that they'll be better suited for weather that is a bit colder. Aside from some minor bunching in the elbows, they worked out perfectly