FO Blaster

Rat

Are the new FO blaster a next generation of Blas-Tech E-11 or a new model all together? I ask because this question was asked elsewhere and I have not seen anything regarding them so far. <br><br>

Thanks in advance.

With no good reason as of yet to assume otherwise, and looking at them comparatively to the E-11, they do appear to be a newer generation of it.<br><br>

All of the same parts are there with a few upgrades/modifications/additions, and it fully appears to be based on the same frame.

Yeah that's why I was curious if it was still based on a Sterling. It has enough similarities but also enough differences to have to ask the question.

Appears there are apenough differnces that you won't be able to use a sterling base without significant modification... Enoug that it wouldn't make sense any more. It's clear they wanted the F-11D to have a clear lineage to the E-11, but be an obviously "improved" model. I really like it, though I wish they had left it all black and with no chrome bits. Still, i want one of JJ's replcas very badly!

• Like 1

Well, the changes actually make a lot of sense from a functional standpoint. The flipping of the magazine well, and counter from the left side to the right side makes the F-11D a right handed weapon. With the magazine well of the sterling on the left side and the ejection port on the right side it was a right handed weapon but the E-11 in ANH was a left handed weapon because it couldn't be holstered on the right side. The F-11D however can, and is holstered on the right, making it more accessible to predominantly right handed firers. I believe the changes were more about functionality in the Star Wars universe than a change for the sake of changing things.

Well, the changes actually make a lot of sense from a functional standpoint. The flipping of the magazine well, and counter from the left side to the right side makes the F-11D a right handed weapon. With the magazine well of the sterling on the left side and the ejection port on the right side it was a right handed weapon but the E-11 in ANH was a left handed weapon because it couldn't be holstered on the right side. The F-11D however can, and is holstered on the right, making it more accessible to predominantly right handed firers. I believe the changes were more about functionality in the Star Wars universe than a change for the sake of changing things.

The magazine well on the left makes perfect sense, if you want to change magazines with you left hand, but not so much if you want to holster it Star Wars Style (which wasn't done with the actual Sterling, of course). The Phasma-style tactical stock is very fiunctional, of course, though one wonders why they kept the look of the folding stock... probably just for visual continuity with the E-11. Overall, I really like the look of the F-11D.  I also want the Glock-derived side-arm!

• Like 1