TFA First Order Blaster Designation

jjarmoryinc

Also, note that Finn is NOT wearing the standard issue First Order boots but rather the boots that he wears in his "rebel" uniform...

------------

I had previously assumed that Finn ditched his entire armor set, including his white First Order boots, and "borrows" Poe's jacket and shoes after a certain pivotal point in the movie.

But this image leads me to believe that he is wearing the boots pictured on the cover of the Visual Directory the entire time; that they start off white but over the course of the film (due to sand, mud, dirt, sunbleaching, etc) they become the weathered tan seen at Celebration (and on Boyega's Instagram):

http://i.imgur.com/ijQ8xzP.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/A1Jaf4F.jpg

Under the reddish/orange lighting of Celebration they looked quite brown, but the photo above that Boyega shared (likely taken under flourescent studio/office lighting) does a better job of implying they may have started out "trooper white" and become dulled/worn to that shade over time (or deliberately weathered by the prop department, most likely).

This detail doesn't seem to apply to any other FO troopers, and thus likely isn't of any concern to others here on FISD... but as someone who wants to attend the Premieres as an (accurate) Trooper Finn this is a game changer. On one hand, I do not need to worry about having a pair of FO trooper boots and then a pair of Rebel Finn boots. On the other hand, it means I can't just buy a pair of boots from one of the runs here and I'll need to get a custom-pair of Trooper Finn boots done up just for me (and then buy two pairs, so one can be clean and one can be dirty). 

UGH. RIP my wallet :(

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Looking closely at Finn's boots while he is in his trooper gear ... I think you're right. Well done. Looking forward to trooping with you in Richmond at the premiere this coming December. :)

Would have been very sweet to see it called the F15D, but alas...

I kinda like F-11D. The E-11 was used by the Empire. This is used by the First Order, so it's the F-11. Not to mention that F comes after E in the English alphabet, so it's kind of appropriate for the direct descendant of the E-11. :)

I will call them the crocodile boots if you pardon me :D.

LOL, they certainly look the part!

Looking closely at Finn's boots while he is in his trooper gear ... I think you're right. Well done. Looking forward to trooping with you in Richmond at the premiere this coming December. :)

Hey buddy, I'd love to, but I'm not an actual 501st member yet :( ... I am hoping to have my TFA finished by then, but there's no guarantee I'll pass approval in time for the premiere. Either way, I will definitely be attending as many of the premieres as I can in costume... hopefully as a proud member of the 501st!

plasma blade for Kylo Ren's lightsaber apparently ooo

All lightsabers emit a plasma blade. That's nothing new for the Visual Dictionaries to point out.

• Like 1

I kinda like F-11D. The E-11 was used by the Empire. This is used by the First Order, so it's the F-11. Not to mention that F comes after E in the English alphabet, so it's kind of appropriate for the direct descendant of the E-11. :)

F15D = FISD.

That's all I was getting at.  :)

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

As a left handed shooter, I like it ;-) Then again in the movie though, it seems they are firing right handed all the time...maybe 'cause they want to mount it on the right thigh, and they're not exactly ejecting shells...

• Like 1