Undersuit Product Opinions

'Tis the cold season to grab a pair of spandex/lycra underwear from Target.  That's what I use.  They carry the Champion brand.  Also, my 2 cents... don't go with a one piece.  Totally unnecessary.

This is true, I found some cheap stuff at walmart that looked decent

• 1 month later...

Just got this, it's fantastic. Conforms to the body so there are no wrinkles. Very comfortable. I know not everyone is into the one-piece approach, but I did have a zipper sewn in to make using the facilities a non issue (or as non-issue as going to the bathroom in armor can be). Despite the photos there are no integrated gloves, which is great. 

http://www.amazon.com/Spandex-Zentai-Fullbody-Catsuit-Without/dp/B00B25SDTM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452051483&sr=8-2&keywords=tomsuit

• 4 weeks later...

I'm digging that Tomsuit.  I might have to check it out.  I'm intrigued by the idea of the integrated gloves.  Once you are in the armor, you are committed anyway.  I always make a bio break before suiting up and one after, and once I'm in the armor, I'm in it for the duration.  So one piece, two piece, doesn't matter.  But, I do like the idea of the integrated gloves.  Tugging up the gloves drives me crazy.

I use two under suits. For hot weather trooping, I wear an Under Armor top and bottom. When it is cool enough, I wear the nice, thick undersuit which came with my RS. (Better protection from armor bite.). When it actually gets COLD here, I combine both and wear the Under Armor under the thick suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geese, I'm sorry for your California cold...LOLLLL

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm digging that Tomsuit.  I might have to check it out.  I'm intrigued by the idea of the integrated gloves.  Once you are in the armor, you are committed anyway.  I always make a bio break before suiting up and one after, and once I'm in the armor, I'm in it for the duration.  So one piece, two piece, doesn't matter.  But, I do like the idea of the integrated gloves.  Tugging up the gloves drives me crazy.

Yeah, the one I got doesnt actually have the gloves, it's just cut off at the wrists. The feet are attached, however.

• Like 1

Yeah, the one I got doesnt actually have the gloves, it's just cut off at the wrists. The feet are attached, however.<br><br>

Two Qs: (1) I'm curious, if your undersuit has integrated feet, would you still wear socks in your boots, or would you go sans socks? (It probably depends on how roomy your boots are, eh?--so this might be a dumb question.) (2) Is there a requirement for/against the shiny, wet look spandex as shown in that tomsuit link?--does it matter whether the undershirt is shiny or matte?

If one feels that socks aren't really necessary with a full body undersuit then you don't need to use them, but if you feel more comfortable using socks, then go ahead. About being shiny or matte, the CRL mentions that regarding the undersuit it should be "Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos/designs." So, since there's no mention to that detail, either way is good. Now common sense says that the ideal undersuit is something in between, that is, not too shiny nor too matte.

Edited by ewokian

If one feels that socks aren't really necessary with a full body undersuit then you don't need to use them, but if you feel more comfortable using socks, then go ahead. About being shiny or matte, the CRL mentions that regarding the undersuit it should be "Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos/designs." So, since there's no mention to that detail, either way is good. Now common sense says that the ideal undersuit is something in between, that is, not too shiny nor too matte.

I thank you kindly for the perspective! I'm not really looking to get fancy with the under suit anyway; just looking to go with the mainstream. :-)

Yeah, the suit is less shiny than shown in the product photos, too. More of a nice soft satin sheen if that makes sense.

24637518982_c420e0b320_z.jpg

Is that the tomsuit you're talking about? Been reading the Amazon reviews, but they're quite mixed. Some say the suit worked for their one-night costume purposes; others say the suit was poorly thrown together in China. Maybe there are many manufacturers and I wasn't looking at the right one? :-)