Undersuit Product Opinions

Hey all,

I have been a motorcycle rider for a very long time and I have owned a lot of Alpinestars gear from jackets to gloves to boots, etc...

I have never worn their Tech Layers compression gear though. As with most Alpinestarts gear, they are expensive. I have generally found their products to be well made.

I am looking at the Summer Tech Performance shirt and pants.

Alpinestars Summer Tech Performance underwear forms an effective base layer keeping you cool and comfortable under your suit during warm weather riding.

* Comfortable moisture wicking material.

* Minimal seam stitching for ultimate comfort and performance.

* Long sleeve top and 3-panel bottom.

* Designed to be 60% lighter than cotton, the construction is also hypoallergenic and antistatic.

* Muscle supporting compression fit helps support the riders muscles and reduces fatigue.

* Ergonomic flat lock seams.

* Moisture wicking technology ensures ultimate comfort is maintained as well as a constant body temperature.

* Printed Astar logo on the front with Alpinestars print logo on the back.

* The shorts and pant all feature a male pant opening.

-------------

[UPDATE 03/10/2018: It appears this style is no longer available]

The logos would be fairly easy to hide, the neck seal should hide the one on the shirt and the ab plate will hide the one on the pants. A black marker should make them even less obvious.

Just wanted to see if anyone out there has tried them. If so, what do you think for trooping...

MzZQpmX.jpg?1Vo7IWfg.jpg?1

Thanks

Bob

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I rode sportbikes for quite a while, and A* gear is great. 

There's nothing wrong with the top/bottoms you posted, as long as the logo is covered. I'm just wondering why you would want to pay so much ($160 for both) when you can get the exact same thing for $30.

I rode sportbikes for quite a while, and A* gear is great. 

There's nothing wrong with the top/bottoms you posted, as long as the logo is covered. I'm just wondering why you would want to pay so much ($160 for both) when you can get the exact same thing for $30.

Where?

Amazon. Their prices for compression tops and bottoms fluctuate, but if you keep an eye out you can get a top/bottom combo for $30, or thereabouts. Mine are Russel Athletic, but brand doesn't matter. Trooping doesn't put much strain on an under suit. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to the drawing board, searched and searched Amazon and came up with these.

The logos are minimal and should be easily concealed with black marker.

With shipping they were $36. Anyone familiar with this brand? Opinions????

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SRT17W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

zO0JEkv.jpg?1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SRT1WC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

0e5eZrz.jpg?1

Thanks

Bob

Edited by bobio
Fixed Broken Photobucket Image Links

I wouldn't do a zip top. I tuck my neck seal under my shirt collar (I think it looks better), and the zipper would be exposed. 

Otherwise it looks good.

• 2 weeks later...

These look promising! They come in Tall and only $30 for tops and bottoms!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EF1K42Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1445453909&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=tall+compression+pants&dpPl=1&dpID=3124%2BfQT4WL&ref=plSrch

Edited by mitcheg1

Yeah, those will work.

I like having a 2-piece under suit, but I don't think it matters much. If I have to use the latrine I have to take off pretty much all the armor, anyway, and unzipping and removing the upper half of a one piece won't add much to the PITA aspect of the process.

I received my under suit the other day and they are perfect.

They fit great and the logos will be easy to conceal.

The only logos are the tiny ones you see at the wrist and the ankle.

I am actually going to order another set as a backup... :jc_doublethumbup:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SRT17W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

zO0JEkv.jpg?1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SRT1WC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

0e5eZrz.jpg?1

Edited by bobio
Fixed Broken Photobucket Image Links

Unfortunately, these will be going back! Didn't notice they are cold weather gear! Won't be much use here in Florida! Does UA not make a Tall version?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the compression shirt from here, complete with Imperial logo: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33824-fs-imperial-cog-under-suit-shirtpants/ I have used it many, many times and it still looks like new!  I just ordered an extra pair of pants from here as well.  $20.00 per piece can't be beat!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really new here and I've only begun making a list of things I need to complete my kit, so I'm not sure if this has been asked already or what other trooper's opinions on Zentai or "Morphsuits" are? These became really popular in recent years, I'm sure you've seen that random guy at events walking around in a blue bodysuit covered from head to toe, hands and everything and you can't see the face. Well you can get them customized with no hands, feet or head if you want, I've done it and it's actually very affordable. Usually the Lycra/Spandex material has a little bit of a shine to it, but I found this Cotton/Spandex version which has a matte black finish. No logos whatsoever and the only zipper goes up the back which allows you get into it but this will be easily concealed by the neckseal and armour. Also there is an option to install a crotch zipper for those times nature calls while trooping, but I'm wondering if a crotch zipper would be concealed enough with the cod piece and buttplate are on? Here is the link to the bodysuit:----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I use two under suits. For hot weather trooping, I wear an Under Armor top and bottom. When it is cool enough, I wear the nice, thick undersuit which came with my RS. (Better protection from armor bite.). When it actually gets COLD here, I combine both and wear the Under Armor under the thick suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Tis the cold season to grab a pair of spandex/lycra underwear from Target.  That's what I use.  They carry the Champion brand.  Also, my 2 cents... don't go with a one piece.  Totally unnecessary.

• Like 1