AM 2.0 decals

Curanthir

I just ordered a set of AM 2.0 armor and would like to know if any decals exist that either fit or are made for the AM2.0 helmet (I've heard its completely different from earlier AM helms). I would rather use decals than paint except where absolutely necessary. Also, when my bucket gets here, what are some good ways to apply the bubble lenses (I'm going for ANH Hero with this helm)? I know it comes with stunt ears, but I can fix that myself.

The only things you will need to hand paint are the ear bars, frown, and ab plate buttons.  For the bubble lenses, you can try  ----------- which is where I got mine.  They also carry them in gray.  To attach them, I used a product called SUGRU, which is a glue that has the consistency of Play-Doh, which I got at Lowe's in the paint dept.  You simply roll it into a small "snake", press it inside the eye openings, press in the lenses on that. Trim off any excess that squeezes out the front, and let it sit for 24 hours.  Done deal.  Leaving a small open notch near the top will help with ventillation

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

OK, looks like I missed the decals included part of AM. Now I'm not sure if I want stunt or hero. I like Hero's bubble lenses, but the helmet comes with stunt ears and the stunt frown looks like it fits the helmet better (and the helmet is a stunt shape, so slightly different). How important are the screws in the ears? I know I need them for EIB or higher (Dont want that as I like a smoother idealized look without visible rivets and stuff), but are they mandatory for 501st qualification?

OK, looks like I missed the decals included part of AM. Now I'm not sure if I want stunt or hero. I like Hero's bubble lenses, but the helmet comes with stunt ears and the stunt frown looks like it fits the helmet better (and the helmet is a stunt shape, so slightly different). How important are the screws in the ears? I know I need them for EIB or higher (Dont want that as I like a smoother idealized look without visible rivets and stuff), but are they mandatory for 501st qualification?

Mine is an AM2 and mandatory to go with Hero for ShadowTrooper. Decals were fine and look great. Helmet passes with ease for Hero qualifications.

post-24599-0-15098800-1442947781_thumb.jpg

I went stunt with my am 2.0, I love the lenses that came with kit, but I thought lenses in the end were easier to chane than the ears. Trooper bays lenses for stunt went in awesome!! Chech out my build for a photo.

Edited by rduda

• 2 months later...

AM 2.0 kit comes with decals for ANH Hero and Stunt, but if you're like me and doing ESB, you'll have to source elsewhere.  Beyond basic membership, ANH Centurion requires hand painting or hand painted look decals.  EIB ESB requires decals for tube stripes, tears and traps.  I went through Trooperbay.com, but once I put them on I was concerned about the traps, the rest seem fine.