TK-74614 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [AP][193]

Teekay YYC

TK-74614 requesting Centurion approval!

Details:

• Armor Maker:  Authentic Props (AP)
  • Helmet Maker: Authentic Props (AP)
  • Blaster Type: Doopydoos (via Trooperbay)
  • Height: 5’8”
  • Weight: 168 lbs
  • Boots:  Imperial Boots
  • Canvas Belt: Trooperbay’s
  • Hand Plates: Trooperbay’s
  • Electronics: n/a
  • Neck Seal:  Darman’s
  • Holster:  Darman’s
  • Hovi Tips:  Keith’s

Fixes from EIB Recommendations:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32842-tk-74614-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-ap499/

• Added left side strap from Abdomen to Kidney to remove 'V' gap
  • Added bayonet lug to blaster
  • Painted scope rail on blaster
  • Removed incorrectly modified magazine on blaster

FRONT - ARMS AT SIDE

01front-0.jpg?rev=0

BACK - ARMS AT SIDE

02back-0.jpg?rev=0

LEFT - ARM RAISED

03leftraised-0.jpg?rev=0

RIGHT - ARM RAISED

04rightraiseda-0.jpg?rev=0

AB/KIDNEY ATTACHMENT - BUTTONS

05abdetail-0.jpg?rev=0

HAND PLATES

07gloves1-0.jpg?rev=0

SHOULDER BRIDGE FRONT 

08shoulderstrapsa-0.jpg?rev=0

SHOULDER BRIDGE BACK

08shoulderstrapsb-0.jpg?rev=0

THIGH PACK ATTACHMENT

09thighdetails-0.jpg?rev=0

KNEE PLATE

10knee1-0.jpg?rev=0

11knee2-0.jpg?rev=0

12knee3-0.jpg?rev=0

DROP BOX BACK

13dropboxback-0.jpg?rev=0

COD & BUTT PLATE ATTACHMENT

14cod_butt2-0.jpg?rev=0

INTERIOR STRAPPING

15intsnapping-0.jpg?rev=0

KIDNEY NOTCH

16kidneynotch2-0.jpg?rev=0

SINGLE MALE SNAP

16asinglemalesnap-0.jpg?rev=0

WRIST SIDE OF FOREARMS

17forearm2-0.jpg?rev=0

HELMET - FRONT

18helmetfront-0.jpg?rev=0

HELMET - LEFT

19helmetleft-0.jpg?rev=0

HELMET - RIGHT

20helmetright-0.jpg?rev=0

HELMET - BACK

21helmetback-0.jpg?rev=0

HOVI MICS

22hovitips-0.jpg?rev=0

LENS COLOUR

23helmetbacklit-0.jpg?rev=0

S-TRIM

24helmetstrim2-0.jpg?rev=0

BLASTER - RIGHT

25ablasterright-0.jpg?rev=0

BLASTER - LEFT 

25ablasterleft-0.jpg?rev=0

BAYONET ADDED

25blasterbayonet-0.jpg?rev=0

PAINTED SCOPE RAIL

25blasterrail-0.jpg?rev=0

NECK SEAL

27neckseal-0.jpg?rev=0

TD

28td-0.jpg?rev=0

HOLSTER ATTACHMENT

29aholster1-0.jpg?rev=0

I think that covers them all.....let me know if I've missed anything!  

:coffee2:

I'm already working on some additional strapping (and some weight loss apparently) to tighten that side.  I don't have extra split rivets to replace the elastic, so I'm going to just add a couple extra straps, instead.  Otherwise I'd replace the elastic and keep it a little tidier.

You could glue snap plates over the rivets and strap that way, making the rivets cosmetic.<br>

Just a thought. The other work youve done shows that you can do this fix easily.<br>

The side gap has been one of the main focal points on many centurion applications and i think as it is it would probably cause issue upon inspection. NOT that im an authority on this, just my own thoughts of course!

• Like 1

Looks good.  Definitely have a look at that left side gap.  It's weird because your right side practically overlaps, so you can definitely close that up.  Try using webbing instead of elastics to close that side, maybe.  It should keep it pulled in tight.  Also, your undersuit is a little baggy in places.  You might want to consider a smaller size.  Otherwise, looks really good.  Nice job!!

• Like 1

Nice work sir. As others have mentioned reigning in the ab to kidney side gap is crucial. I have another suggestion, though it won't effect your approval here I think it will give your armor a cleaner look, I suggest reducing the gap between your biceps to forearms and thighs to cod, if possible. The gaps there seem a bit excessive.

See you on the other side trooper.

• Like 1

And here we go:

New interior straps made of webbing.

15newcenturionstraps-0.jpg?rev=0

15newcenturionsnaps2-0.jpg?rev=0

......creating a much better fit, I think........

leftsidenew-0.jpg?rev=0

(please ignore that my TD isn't on perfectly)..... 

rightsidenew-0.jpg?rev=0

I hope that's acceptable!   :icon_beg:

• Like 1

Great improvement!

I agree with Tony on those other gaps.  The thigh to cod ones especially.  Not just for aesthetics though.  If you can actually get that inner curve of your thighs cut a little lower, and pull them up an inch or two, you'll both shorten the gap between the thighs and cod, and open up the space between your thighs and your calves, making it easier to walk (and get up stairs).  Not a lot.  Just an inch or so and you'd be a lot more comfy, and look better.  Unless, of course, you can actually pull them higher right now, without cutting.  Again, I also recommend you try on a snugger under suit.  Trust me, it'll look really good, and it'll feel better too :)

• Like 1

I'm moving the snap plates up an inch for the garter belt to attach, so that should help out.  Which as I type this, I'VE JUST REALIZED I SHOULD'VE MOVED THEM DOWN AN INCH!!!!    :6:  BRB!!!!!

Wow........anyways........and another trip to Walmart in the next few days will fix the other issue.  To be continued.........

Edited by Teekay YYC
  • Like 2

In my opinion, if there are two gaps you should be worried about, they're certainly not the ones between the top of your thighs and cod but the ones at the elbows.

The top of the forearm should be (and by "should" I wish i'd be "must") touching the bottom of the biceps. And if it gets you trouble to bend the arms (which i doubt it would), you just need to lower your biceps from the shoulder bell to solve that.

I really don't understand why it's not in the Centurion CRL. I would even write it for EIB as it's one hell of a visual thing that improves tremendously the look of an armor. 

But once again, it's only recommendation. Nothing compulsory...

• Like 1

Sorry Germain, let me clarify.  I don't think it's cod to thighs on the inside.  It's at the top.  Like thighs to ab/belt, if you will.  Which I believe he understood, given he is raising the thighs.  Sorry if there was any misunderstanding there.  His thighs are low.

Sorry Germain, let me clarify.  I don't think it's cod to thighs on the inside.  It's at the top.  Like thighs to ab/belt, if you will.  Which I believe he understood, given he is raising the thighs.  Sorry if there was any misunderstanding there.  His thighs are low.

No need to apologize Danny. And actually, that's how i understood you.

It's just that to me, they aren't as important as the the elbow gaps because you can see few stormtroopers in ANH with huge gaps at the crotch area. However, you will never see one with gaps between the biceps and forearms.

Anyway. Just don't mine me, I can really go frantic when it goes to elbow gaps. They're my nemesis ;).

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

I'm a thigh man (that came out sounding weird, but I'm just gonna leave it).  I don't like when there are huge gaps, and I don't like when people don't trim them, and they look like church bells.  That leads to the sniper plate being caught underneath (invariably in every picture!) and to dropboxes getting caught in the top.  

We all have our pet peeve areas.  I know your eye helped me greatly on my build!

You are, of course, right about the elbows as well.  That's what Tony (another great eye!) was also talking about.  

You've got some serious heavies taking care of you Jaydon.  Listen to these two guys and you'll look great!

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I really value the comments.  So here we go.  

• Thighs moved up by re-gluing garter belt snap plates.  (You're right, they are more comfy!)
  • Biceps moved down by unhooking the elastic from the hooks I attached (I will likely just raise the hooks up, so they remain useful).
  • New undershirt purchased. 

I hope the few additional pics are adequate.  Just let me know if more are needed.  

01frontnew-0.jpg?rev=0

03left-0.jpg?rev=0

03right-0.jpg?rev=0

img_3310-0.jpg?rev=0

:)

• Like 1

Looks MUCH better!  So now here's the meany critical comment.  Your biceps look too big and tilted inwards a little.  Now, if they're not too big (meaning you don't have to pull them apart and trim them a little), it could be fixed by adjusting their angle.

Do you have elastic going from your bicep to your forearm?  If not, I recommend having a look at this thread here.  

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19372-correct-bicep-to-forearm-connection-anhesb-video-and-photo-references/?hl=%20bicep%20%20strapping

It helps with several issues.  Might even pull your forearms up a bit, reducing that gap even more.

Again, it looks great and significantly better.  Let's see what the experts have to say, but in my books you're almost there! 

I think what's going to really help is, as I mentioned, raising my bicep hook up so the shoulder bell/bicep elastic doesn't pull the bicep upwards.  Since I simply unhooked it, the elastic isn't functioning the way it should, and actually created that tilt.  The sizing of the biceps are fine, I think....they're tight when I flex. 

Okay great, 'cause resizing the biceps is a much bigger job.

Consider the forearm elastic though.  It keeps them from rotating too, and will help raise them a bit.  Everything felt way better on mine once that was installed.  It's a pretty easy elastic to put in.

Well this application thread has been full of discussion! Thank you, Jaydon for your Centurion application. Let's get to it.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All the required photos have been posted. There is one thing that I will need you to correct before we move forward with your application. There was some discussion regarding your thighs so I went back into your build thread to see how you went about them. I will discuss them further in a bit. Anyway, in the close-up of your finished thighs, I noticed the cover strip on your left thigh extended all the way down over the molded ridge at the bottom. This was mentioned in your thread and you mentioned getting conflicting opinions on this. Well, the cover strip ridges never extended past the molded ridges at the bottom of the thighs in the front or the rear. They always ended  AT the ridge.gallery_12157_15_34529.jpggallery_12157_59_20928.jpgIgnore the rivets. 

Anyway, if you just take a sharp blade and be very careful, you can trim that little portion off and we are good to go since all other aspects of your armor qualify for the Centurion badge.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

First, I am very glad you posted the updated pics showing the eliminated gap on your sides. This is a prominent Centurion feature so I am pleased you followed up on that. Thank you.

Let's go over a few things mentioned by your fellow troopers, and I will ad my own thoughts her as well.

Going back to your thighs, I just don;t see how they can be raised much more. Yes you have a bit of a gap between your thigh tops and your ab's leg opening, but this just goes to prove that these suits are not one size fits all. We are all made a little different.

I want to commend you again on your painted details on your helmet and ab buttons. Nice work!

Great upgrades on your blaster!! Just a thought on a future project. Most of the time, counter mounts are made to coincide with the bolts that attach the scope to the scope rail. Because your attachment hardware for your counter mount is located in between the scope feet, you would need a new rail but that is no big deal to fabricate. It would make for a much cleaner look with no extra bolts on your rail.

I would also look into a better fitting undersuit that does not gather so much at the elbows. 

You have a dynamite set of armor. You are one small cover strip clip from your badge. Get that done so we can celebrate!!!

• Like 1

Thanks, Steve!   

The cover strip is already fixed.....thanks for the official word on that one. 

I'm also following Danny's advice of tightening up my biceps......a bit of task, but after considering his advice, I think he was right, and it's going to make a big difference.  I hope the upcoming pics will be worthy of that Centurion badge! :)