Tatertrooper's ANH Stunt TM TD Build

Finished my T-21 today!  Got some greeblies added to it, thanks Joseph for sending me the sights, they look awesome!!  For the tubing I got rubber windshield washer tubing and superglue.  There is a seam underneath, I just filled it with some silver sculpey clay (I didn't have black), heated it with a heat gun for a little while on low so it would cure, and painted it black.  I found mine at True Value, it was I think $.89 a foot.  For the wires I used actual electrical wiring.  My husband helped me bend it cause man was it thick! I used a little bit of the left over tubing for the one in the back, and a touch of superglue on parts here and there, just to make sure I get a good hold.  You can see the one screw is a little off on my back greeblie  :angry: I couldn't get it to go right, but it's holding.  I might play around with it a little or replace the rubber and start over.  I think it looks pretty awesome!!

IZtdVgC.jpg

I added a little "dark cherry" color to the stock and handles too.

m6vvRBV.jpg

FlqcUGB.jpg

yop9XHp.jpg

Edited by Scarlet Trooper

• 2 weeks later...

I am STILL waiting for my approval.  So I message my GML, per my CO to see how things are going.  I was told that my pictures were ok when I submitted and that he'd "like" to see a few changes.  I double checked and asked if I needed to do the changes and submit new pictures, and was told the pictures I had were ok.  My corrections are:

Here is what I'd like to see fixed.

* The left shin needs to be trimmed in the back, as it is much looser than the right (this should be a quick/easy fix).
* The thighs look like they can be trimmed/tightened/tapered more on the bottoms above the knee to be more fitting. If you have already glued the backs of the thighs, this may prove tricky. Normally I suggest people just use Velcro for the first few troops so they can adjust and try again until they know where they want it before gluing. FWIW, you don't have to glue the backs.

Things that will make it look nicer. These are not required, but highly suggested
* Weather the pauldron smiley.gif
* Make the weathering more even. The helmet is much less weathered than below the neck, you could dial down the suit a bit to match
* Weather the pouches a bit
* Trim the bottom of the chest plate at the outside edges
* Put a small bit of foam behind the top of your kidney plate to make it more vertical. You may have to do the same for the bottom of the back plate. (FWIW, I had to do this on my suit one time too - but for me it was the butt & back plates)
* put some black pained balsa wood or foam in the ammo pouches so they have something to hold. Some people make them functional with small cases to hold things like glasses, keys, etc.
* try lowering the belt in the back a bit. The bottom of the belt ideally is just a bit above the butt plate.

Not sure were to trim my knee.

I'm not sure how to fix the thighs since I have about a 2-3 inch shim on the inside to make them wide enough to fit.  I put abs paste over top and sanded it to make it seamless.  Here are the pictures I sent for approval.

HwAt0VF.jpg

MvhpVBB.jpg

DK7u6Al.jpg

oUhzz4p.jpg

I'm rather quite frustrated at this point.  I've already tried taking some of the weathering off my chest and add more to my helmet, now they don't match the rest of armor.  I did the typical "girl" thing and have sat and cried a few hours each day, because I'm not sure how to fix things and there is nothing on any of the TK or TD CRLs that state I needed to have the leg tapered.  

That seems a little too not picky IMO. I don't see anything that doesn't warrants not getting your basic approval. Maybe tone down some weathering or make the helmet and belt dirtier and add foam or wood in the pouches. Does your garrison have more than one GML?

My suggestion would be to reach out to the GML to have a conversation, via phone if not in person. Try to get a feel for what is really going to nees to be corrected for basic approval versus what are suggestions for just a better looking kit.<br><br><br>

My guess is that something has been lost in translation :)<br><br><br>

Keep your chin up, the standards at the MEPD are high, but the group will help you get there.

Edited by Khazid

We do have more than one GML, I submitted pictures to both via private message on our Garrison's forum.  Just the one has gotten back.  The funny thing is he's the guy that started whitearmor.net.  So, not sure if he's just being overly picky or what.  I guess if the thighs are wrong then maybe there should be some kind of how to that explains it for those of use who have to make our armor bigger or they need to correct the CRL.  I'm waiting to hear back as to how he things I should fix it, since I'm afraid taking it apart is going to do more damage than I can fix.

• Like 1

mind if i ask your height? you seem around mine so it gives me a idea if i should make my spare anovos kit Sandy.

also what do you use to hold up the thighs? they seem stable  :)

i do agree with Airborne though either make the helmet dirtier or lighten the rest. looks like you've walked out of Mad Max.  :lol:

I am 5'7".  

I did the garter belt style belt to attach them. I made a belt out of 1" black webbing (the same used to make the snaps to attach the torso part of the armor).  I modeled it off a dog collar.  It has a buckle fastener, I think it's called a web buckle.  I got it at Joann's Fabric, just make sure you get one that fits the width of the webbing you use.  I put an adjuster on it too, so I could make it tighter or more loose, in case I eat too much before a troop and need to let it out some :)  I then attached black elastic to the belt by looping it over and sewing it.  I did just one row to double check that it was going to fit, in case I needed to rip the seam out.  After that I sewed it a few times to make sure it was strong enough to hold with me pulling on it.  The bottom end has a female tandy snap that snaps to a male snap that is though a piece of abs, then glued.  I have two snaps on in the front of the thigh and one in the back, each with their own piece of elastic.  I think with my husband's (Sandy Pimpernel) we may need to add another set of elastic on the sides to hold his up a little better.  I can take pictures if you want to see it apart.  I think I just have a picture of it on me with the thighs on it.

ah i'm only 5'4 but close enough, probly just a few trim difference.

yeah i think i'll try and do something like this but i need to get some more elastic and snaps. shame i dont want to risk driving on black friday. i've seen most people only do the front but i'd think the added back side support would make it even better. i could try to do something like that but so on velcro. dunno how well it will hold up though

I refuse to go out tomorrow!  I ordered almost all my stuff from Amazon haha.  I did last minute stuff for a wookiee build I want to start this past week.  I don't plan on going out to the craft stores until after the holidays.  

We do have more than one GML, I submitted pictures to both via private message on our Garrison's forum.  Just the one has gotten back.  The funny thing is he's the guy that started whitearmor.net.  So, not sure if he's just being overly picky or what.  I guess if the thighs are wrong then maybe there should be some kind of how to that explains it for those of use who have to make our armor bigger or they need to correct the CRL.  I'm waiting to hear back as to how he things I should fix it, since I'm afraid taking it apart is going to do more damage than I can fix.

I don't think I was being overly picky, personally. I was pretty consistent with how our garrison approves new TD's & TK's. If you want picky, you can always choose Mathias as your GML ;-)

Congrats Amanda.  I worked as co-GML for a few years with Paul, and I can tell you that he is always fair.  In fact, between the two of us, he was usually less picky IMHO.

i love the matching IDs, very cute. i'll definitely go back though this thread if i make my Anovos sandy 

Ya, I'm thinking about having everyone just call us Thing 1 and Thing 2.  He did get approved a few minutes before me though, his email was dated 3 or 4 minutes before mine.

Make sure to take some before pics of the layout for the Anovos kit.  I'd like to see how they look compared to the other kits.  I've only seen the proto-type pictures online.

How did you go about strapping your shoulder pouch? I rigged up some strapping system that goes around my neck and back and was a mess. Since I'm packless, my GML wants me to wear a MP40 on my left shoulder and right hip for basic approval. 

How did you go about strapping your shoulder pouch? I rigged up some strapping system that goes around my neck and back and was a mess. Since I'm packless, my GML wants me to wear a MP40 on my left shoulder and right hip for basic approval. 

You can either use a snap to connect the MP40 pack directly to the backpack strap or another type of anchor to connect the two. 

You can also attach a piece of black elastic to the MP40 pack and loop it around the shoulder bell attachment strap.

You can also attach a piece of black elastic to the MP40 pack and loop it around the shoulder bell attachment strap.<br><br>

That's what we did. Sewed a 4 inch long piece of 1 inch elastic into a loop on the back of the pouch, then hung it from the strap that connects the shoulder bell to the shoulder strap. It's not something we're going to keep permanent, but it's good enough for now. I think we're going to troop a few times then decide on how/where to add a snap to keep the pouch in place better.

Ya, the elastic with some velcro will work for your pictures.  Just make sure whoever is taken them makes sure it is in the right position, it kept falling down on me :(  I have the two Spanish Pouches and no shoulder pouch now haha.  I need to see how to keep it on Sandy Pimpernel's armor better.  

I took 1" elastic and folded it over, doubling the thickness. I then wrapped a piece around the chest piece, not the elastic between the back and chest or the shoulder bell attachment, but the chest strap that leads back to the back piece. I then used E6000 to attach industrial Velcro and done. Slides over the chest piece nice and easy every time and doesn't move. I also used E6000 to glue the nylon together and make it really stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We did our first troop this past Saturday at Bobakhan Toys and Collectibles.  We help the Volunteers of American Western Washington raise over 2000 pounds of food!!  Here is a picture so you all can see my adjustments to my thighs and weathering.  I'm the shorter TD haha, I didn't realize how short I look when next to my husband, I'm 5'7" he's 6'. Boba Chicken was EPIC!

dHRXzKo.jpg

Here is a link if you all are interested in other photos taken at the event.  It was a blast! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1067643929935900.1073741857.637080099658954&type=3