Tatertrooper's ANH Stunt TM TD Build

Ok, I need to remember to take some pictures tomorrow. I've got my butt, kidney, and back pieces together with snaps and webbing. Made a belt for myself and my Sandy Pimpernel to attach elastic to hold our thighs up. I have my arm pieces all attached together with snaps and elastic. It's looking like I am going to have to trim the top of my ab piece I'm just a tad too short for it to fit properly to the chest piece. Im hoping to be finished by Halloween. Even though I'm going to be a Shai sulud for Halloween. I made it last year for Halloween and wore it to ECCC this year.

Edited by Scarlet Trooper

I can't upload pictures to my imgur account on my phone, so pictures will be coming tomorrow. Worked on sewing canvas belts (everything in twos since my hubs is doing sandy armor too), attaching more snaps and webbing (only about 5 left), worked on my calves, and started putting some padding in my helmet. I will be starting to weather and hoping to get a huge portion done tomorrow, weather permitting. If it's not raining I need to mow the lawn. I've decided to use acrylic, fuller's earth, and sand.

Glued more snaps today, should be finished tomorrow. Working on some weathering right now. Took a break to share some photos.
Before painting....

Q4eDQf2.jpg
After painting first coat...

nNH5Iyx.jpg

Think my chest armor is screen accurate?   ;)

njkQbzU.jpg

• Like 1

Now to make all the TKs sad, my armor has begun to get dirty.  I'm going for a filthy Sandtrooper.   Here is my first layer, I plan to do a little bit of accenting with some gray.  Maybe add some sand and fullers earth to give it some texture.  

GWo51IC.jpg

6QU8lhS.jpg

I will try, we are back to the "lovely" overcastness of Washington. All rain and no sun :( Not sure if the natural light will be bright enough. I will have to say I do like how the fuller's earth goes on. I played around with my helmet to see if I can do that without the acrylic layer. It looked too different, so I had to wash it off. I used a makeup brush to put it on, the blush brush. Cause man Trooperbay gets it everywhere in his video. I'll get some pics of my helmet too.

Nice work, ST!    The weathering really looks intense.  When I weathered my Tusken, I tried to use three different colors to add more depth to it.  I like your idea of adding gray.

I am planning on painting my tube stripes this week and I love how SP did it and made it look so easy!  It isn't mentioned, but did he uses the base layer of white before the blue?

Also, beautiful work on the blasters.  The stock on the one looks 50 years old!  Nice!

• Like 1

Put the dirt on my shoes and helmet today.  Just need to put the lens in and the helmet.  Just need to finish dirtying up my legs and I will finally be done with this build!

Reminds me of the Head Detective from In Living Color or Wienerville. 

ZLrcABB.jpg

My helper, George.  

eLDSO5h.jpg

Update to my armor.  I have finished weathering!  Here are some photos, the lighting isn't the best.  Double checking on the MEPD.net to make sure it's not too much.  My first layer is burnt umber acrylic paint, then I mixed some burnt umber, black, and a cream color to make a brownish gray just to do a few accent spots, then hit everything with the three colors of fullers earth (a light tan color, a cocoa color, and a gray). Now to attach pouches and take photos for my application!

crIOgP1.jpg

oE6LvEW.jpg

giAeXR1.jpg

rIUEbms.jpg

Well here's a couple tips, when shooting for basic the weathering is not critical unless you over do it which is pretty difficult to do. When it comes to weathering besides patches of dirt that that appear on the different types of troopers most only have heavy concentratuons of dirt in the cracks and crevices. Remember these troopers were in a sand desert, dusty dirty and wind blown weathered.

As long as you don't clear coat it, you could always go back and make changes if you decide to go that route. I'm just aiming for basic approval first too. Sandtroopers have so much more things you have to buy or make. 

Oh yea! Especially if you want to shoot for the big leagues

DLT-19 or T-21 $250-$450

Backpack $300+

Pauldron $80

MP- 40packs $10-$40ea

Finished product, well I need to tweak a few things:

1. Adjust my pauldron, calf, handguard, and shoulder pouch before taking pictures haha

2. Bend the piece on my back plate that is sticking up too high.

3. Fix the left bicep as well, looks like it sits a little high compared to the other.  

I should have this all done by tomorrow afternoon, and will be sending pictures to my Garrison Commander tomorrow night (since I sent my application in to the 501st tonight!) 

U4hcUM6.jpg

I don't really care for the shoulder pouch.  I think I'm going to do this Capt http://www.mepd.net/uploads/Captain-Docking-Bay-94-Gariden.jpg once I finish the greeblies on my T-21. 

Looking good Amanda :duim: .

Some more info for ya, when you apply for "Deployed" you don't specifying any particular trooper, that's only when you apply for S.W.A.T.

If that's your end goal then you I highly suggest you take look at a Docking Bay Captain S.W.A.T application and emulate the armor and weathering. Here's one > http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=11335   

Oh ok.  Ya, he's pretty dirty too, I like being dirty. I would still have to do a backpack to get deployed as a PO to be able to apply for SWAT, even though the Docking Bay Captain doesn't have one.