Tatertrooper's ANH Stunt TM TD Build

Worry about the length of your forearms after they have been assembled and strapped so you can get a feel of how much needs trimming off at the wrist end. If you feel they are already too long, try extending the trim line of the inner forearm curve at your elbow joint to allow the armour to move higher on your armour. That trim line is only a guide and you can extend the curve in 1/4" increments, but I wouldn't go more than 1/2" lower. Any further trimming should be done at the wrist.

Also, trim the return edges on the arms so there is small edge remaining. No need to have a large return edge on the arms or legs :)

Edited by troopermaster

Thank you, Paul!  I'm a little slow in posting, since I've been working on gluing my pieces and my husband's armor came in over the weekend.  Lots of trimming again.  The second time around seems to go a little quicker, or maybe it's you are less scared about cutting the pieces.  Both helmets are together with the rivets, need to trim and attach the ears pieces.  

dUbXTqX.jpg

Gluing, and gluing, and gluing.

kg8izv0.jpg

bWV2NWd.jpg

The black (before) are my husband's and the white (after) are mine.  Can't wait to get these "dirty"!

AmaIb5t.jpg

Progress on my husband's shoes.  Don't mind my hobbit feet slippers.

S8QTx4r.jpg

My dachshund, George is always making sure I have a spot to set things.

Edited by Tatertrooper

Is your husband going sandy as well? Make sure you sign up for the MEPD.net forums if you haven't already done so!

Yes, he is.  He is SUPER slow about signing up.  I need to nag him some more.  I need to start a build page on MEPD.net forum as well.

I've been slow coming on this, now that my husband and I are working on two sets of armor.  I've got my bicep and forearm pieces glued, all of my torso pieces have been trimmed and sanded.  I had to do some trimming on the thighs since I'm only 5'7", and my legs are shorter compared to a man. I've been working on my neck seal, which I need to get pictures of.  Last weekend we cut a zillion pieces of abs and make them into the male snaps for the snap sets. I've been working on the ear pieces for both my bucket and my husband's.  He does the outline, I do the trimming.  Here are some pictures of my bucket.  Please feel free to give me some feedback.  I'm not sure if they need to be trimmed back a bit more or not.  

Front

5Iat6PF.jpg

Right Front

WQDYeDM.jpg

Right Side

efntMGz.jpg

Right Back

9TisLwZ.jpg

Back

r93ek7h.jpg

Left Back

hLp0kpK.jpg

Left Side

vHCTSX2.jpg

Left Front

553N0ev.jpg

Since I have been using so much E6000 I decided to write a song to the tune of I love Paris in the Springtime by Ella Fitzgerald.

Every time I smell that familiar odor

Whether it is sunny or not

Whether sun strikes the sky or whether dark clouds loom by

More and more I do glue away

E6000 in the morning

E6000 in the evening

E6000 on my fingers really sticky

E6000 in my hair that’s really icky

E6000 every  weekday

Glue, glue, glue on the weekend

E6000

Why, oh why does it smell bad

I hope I don’t get high

E6000 in the morning

E6000 in the evening

E6000 on my fingers really sticky

E6000 in my hair that’s really icky

E6000 every  weekday

Glue, glue, glue on the weekend

E6000

Why, oh why does it smell bad

I hope I don’t get high

My craft room looks like a tornado of ABS and E6000 went through it.  Glue, glue, glue.  Paint, paint, paint.

I'm gluing the male snap sets on to my armor.  I had to add a little bit more ABS to the thighs after trimming, cause I have lady legs and a big butt.

7H3VRWm.jpg

Look we started painting the helmets, FINALLY!  The left one is mine, the other is my husband's.  I need to fix the black a little.  Found out from some research that a toothpick should do the work.  I'll let you all know how that goes.  FYI for those of you who have not bought your paint yet.  I'd recommend the Testors over the Humbrol.  The Humbrol is much thinner than the Testors brand, which makes it drip and bleed.  I bought the grey in the Testors, but they did not have the satin black nor the french blue.  I wanted to give my business to our local hobby shop instead of Amazon, so I opted to get the Humbrol for those colors. 

uo1DfU8.jpg

To be continued....

Edited by Tatertrooper

You need to give the Humbrol paint a good stir before using it. I only ever use Humbrol paint and never have any problems with it. I read people using two layers and it baffles me why? Once the paint has been stirred thoroughly, it is nice and thick and only one layer is needed. I have not had the privilege of using Testors paints before so I cannot give my opinion on it but I know Humbrol has worked well for me over the years. Just saying :)

The black thickened a little bit once stirred, but not the blue. It bled through the stencils really bad. I am going to see if I can maybe laminate the card stock I used for the stencils to see if that helps. If not I may order the Testors brand online or try to free hand the tube stripes.

Edited by Tatertrooper

The black thickened a little bit once stirred, but not the blue. It bled through the stencils really bad. I am going to see if I can maybe laminate the card stock I used for the stencils to see if that helps. If not I may order the Testors brand online or try to free hand the tube stripes.

I used the stencil kit from Trooperbay for my tube stripes. They are adhesive backed decals. I've heard of some people painting a base coat of white over the stencil first, thus any paint bleed would be white. Then paint blue over that and remove the stencil.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.  I will try the white coat to see if that helps, since it does clean off pretty easily with the mineral spirits.  If not I might get the kit from Trooperbay.  The stencil I am using is the one Pandatrooper had posted.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

Tatertrooper no more.  I decided to change my display name, but of course it won't let me fix the topic I started.  Thought I'd share these lovelies that came today from Hyperfirm!  The T-21 is mine, and the DLT-19 is Sandy Pimpernel (my husband's).  I will be working on making the stocks have a "wood grain" finish to them, adding the ribbing, the sight and figuring out greeblies.

QMjsk3K.jpg

• Like 1

BEAUTIFUL!!!! If you haven't already, join MEPD and check the CRL. The 2015 CRL updates have just been legion approved and there's a few changes to the T-21 for the upper level requirements. Here's an awesome link for the sling: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4415&st=0

Helmet is almost complete!  Have the stencils taped on, and put a layer of white as a base for the tube stripes.  I got the tip for doing a base from Mr. Sandman's thread. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23204-tip-on-tube-stripe-painting-with-no-bleed-through/

e64BPNE.jpg

FHJEXSh.jpg

Did the second painting of my tubes yesterday.  They look better than they did the first time around, but still bled.  I tried the white base coat, but am thinking maybe I need to coat the whole stencil instead of trying to stay in the stencil lines.  Darn my stubbornness.  I think I'll just try one side and not be nice and do my husband's while I'm at it.  Less to fix if it doesn't take again.  I'm thinking I might "laminate" the cardstock I've been using with some clear tape. IF that doesn't work I'm thinking I'll use the stencil to draw the stripes and paint that way. I did get some awesome news about some greeblies I'll be getting for my T-21!!  I might start painting the buttstock on that bad boy today, and finish my neck seal.

I gave up on the tube stripes letting Sandy Pimpernel take one for the team, and do those.  He did a fantastic job, and I didn't have to throw my helmet against the wall and possibly break it.  Check out his thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33508-my-first-build-a-td-from-tm-story/ onhow he did the template from Pandatrooper's template. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14867-tube-stripe-masking-templates/

pqWqsLD.jpg

I worked on painting the butt stocks of Sandy Pimpernel's DLT-19 and my T-21.  I put a double coat of matte black acrylic spray paint and used the same colors of acrylic we picked up for our weathering for the armor to make the wood grain effect. The colors were burnt umber and raw sienna by Basics.  I put a lighter base coat, then a darker top coat. 

The DLT-19:

7ZxjQWJ.jpg

CNVjUYr.jpg

d9bF29X.jpg

PHMabVn.jpg

n6Fxwdd.jpg

My T-21:

2QsMq1H.jpg

RaH8vcg.jpg

SraP9dE.jpg

Z6DRKnL.jpg

When I see them together I think of You're My Best Friend by Queen