Is putting togather your first suit hard?

Newbie here and I'm getting ready to buy the AM kit..for bigger guys and more wiggle room. <br><br>

My biggest fear is in awful at costume building and I've tried contacting folks for help but got no where.<br><br>

So my question is this, how difficult is it for a newbie to assemble armor? <br><br>

Btw it's AM, if I forgot to state it

• Like 1

It's not hard at all, but since you never did that before you will be afraid at almost all steps of the build. At the end you will see that this fear was not justified :-) If you read a lot from here it will be very hard to make an unforgiving mistake. It is long of course (damn E6000 and it's drying time!) but not hard, even if you go for centurion (which I hope!).

I was a complete noob, zero craft knowledge or experience. I got my big brown box in April and by July I was Centurion. Needs time and calmness and willingness to read all the amazing info in here. Idve been done much sooner but for a month overseas and family life in the way!<br>

Can you use scissors, knife, measure and glue? If so and you can read this - you CAN do it!<br>

Jump on in

As somebody who was in the same place as you, I had a worry that as soon as I started cutting, I would end up hacking my armour to pieces.

Got to say, now that I have started, I am loving every minute of it.

Research it, Measure it, Measure it again, Cut it, Glue it, Repeat.

You will learn to love E6000 glue.

Edited by Artshot

Centurion is the top level of Stormtrooper Approval. 501st Approval is the basic level. Expert Infantryman is the next level of approval. Centurion is the top. Infantryman and Centurion are FISD levels of approval.

Check it out here..http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21465-anh-stunt-legion-centurion-visual-checklist/

I am almost done with my first TK and can give you his analogy. If you have ever built a Snap-Tite model before you have the skill set down. I am over simplifying of course, but it is not much harder.<br><br>

Overwhelming, yes. That is what this community is here for.<br><br>

Good luck on your journey.

Edited by Khazid

I'll echo Brian in saying that you should have someone local that would be willing to help in some capacity. 

However, I understand that not everyone does.  When I did my build, I was much like you - newbie, scared of messing it up and well...  Let's say I was geographically challenged when it came to assistance.  It was me, the FISD, and my quality control expert, Felix (Felix, for the record, is a cat).

Is it hard?  Not really "hard."  As others have stated, I'd use other words as well.  If I had to choose three words they'd be:  Challenging, daunting, and fun.

I managed to figure it out and build up to Centurion, and I have very little doubt that you're just as capable of doing the same.  We're here to help you from day one til day done.  We know you'll enjoy the process and the results.  Our part is to ensure that yours is a successful TK Journey.  This entire community is built upon Troopers Helping Troopers.  If you've got a question, I can guarantee you that the answer is here someplace.  I've seen one question in two years here that made everyone go "You know...  I don't know" and that had to do with someone in a wheelchair wanting to build their TK so that they could get approved and then troop in a wheelchair as a TK.  Eventually though, that person got some answers as well.

We'll do what we can, you'll be alright.  Nothing to fear, just ask before you do something if you're unsure.  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I messaged my local 501st group and no response, so they may be busy or whatnot. I'm based in New Jersey so it's tough finding folks around here. My dad is handy with measuring and whatnot and so I might check out some videos too.<br><br>

Is trooperbay videos a good thing to follow? And I'm more excited as such.<br><br>

I'm also nervous cause I'm buying from someone as a first time buyer but he seems a reputable buisness person and was mentioned as vetted..<br><br>

Troopergear ..

Redforce on here is one of the top people in your area.

mr paladino.  tell him Vern sent you!  he'll know what I mean!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392