Hello from your new XO

MechaPumpkin

Hi troopers!

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. As you may have noticed, I am relatively new to the Legion, but please don’t let that distress you.  I still clearly remember how hard it was starting out, but I also care deeply for my sisters and brothers in the Legion.  Trust me when I say, I am quite passionate about this detachment in particular. 

Just like most of you, I have spent most of my life wanting to wear the armour, wanting to be a stormtrooper.  Finally being accepted into the Legion truly was, one of my greatest days.  I expected that to be the height of the experience, but I was wrong. As I got to know other members, I cannot describe how much more there was to love.  We truly are a family, unlike any other organization I have ever been a part of.  I’m gushing, but if you’re already a member you know what I’m talking about, and if you’re not . . . work to make it happen.  Work hard!  It’s worth it.

Like you, I am a stormtrooper.  When I see other stormtroopers in the media, raising money for charity, “doing good”, just being cheeky, or making a child’s wish come true, it warms my heart.  Not just to see the good, but to have been a part of it, because I am a stormtrooper.  I am *a* stromtrooper.  What one of us does, reflects on all of us, and we do some pretty awesome stuff. I don’t want to get too sentimental here, but I want you to understand my reasons for caring about the FISD and why you should believe I want to make it the best detachment it can be, for all of us.  You are a stormtrooper, or you plan to be one, and this is your home. Hopefully you feel as I do, so we can do this together.

If you want to talk to me, please PM me.  I don’t know what response to expect, so hopefully I won’t be overwhelmed. I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.  If you have an idea, or a concern, PM me.  I want to help, and I want to make your experience here better.  I’m a trooper who wants to help troopers. This should be fun, not frustrating.  You leave your ordinary lives and come here for fun, and to do good.  Please don’t ever walk away having experienced bad.  Before you leave, give me a chance, and let me know.  I, and many others, want the opportunity to fix that for you.

To say this detachment is large, is an understatement, and it’s getting larger every day.  I have no concrete metric to point to, but I believe Star Wars fandom is at an all-time high.  Let’s give the fans what they want, and be the stormtroopers they can’t wait to meet., for The Empire! (and fun . . . always in the name of fun!)

Wow, that may be the longest I’ve ever gone without making a totally inappropriate joke. 

Live long and prosper.

Danny

• Like 11

I may start a poll to see who thinks I should change his username to Danny.

Welcome and get to work.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thank you for the rousing introductory post Danny. I'm confident that we're in capable hands. However, I'm not sure what to make of this bit. It leaves me feeling just a little, conflicted.

Wow, that may be the longest I’ve ever gone without making a totally inappropriate joke.

Live long and prosper.

;) Welcome aboard!
  • Like 2

I like you. You are warm.<br><br>

Beers on you? Oh ok go on then!

Warm? If you've ever snuggled with him you'll know he's on fire!

-Eric

• Like 1

Warm? If you've ever snuggled with him you'll know he's on fire!

-Eric

I have no desire to snuggle with Danny, hes too hairy! Im glad they found him a designation he can spell as EIB had too many letters!

Congrats you lovely furry man

• Like 3

Congratulations Dan.

I haven't been on here much lately. I am going to try and change that. I'll help you if/when you need it where I am able.

For new and/or improved handles might I also suggest Candyman... Or possibly... THE NOTCH....

• Like 1