Imperial Shock Trooper could it happen?

pedro2931

really tempted to make my anovos kit like this, but i'm terrible with paint, i could spray paint the solid bits but it would be noticeable on the parts to individually paint

anyone know a good way to do this kind of paint? even if its not approved i'd like to atleast try

plus they are fun as hell to protect the Emperor with in battlefront

Edited by Comfy Turtle

hmm any guides for painting like this? i'm not 100% i should do this as i might have to sell my second set but it would be fun to try

though i doubt i'd get it approved since its Anovos and not RotJ

Edited by Comfy Turtle

On 12/2/2015 at 2:05 PM, Comfy Turtle said:

hmm any guides for painting like this? i'm not 100% i should do this as i might have to sell my second set but it would be fun to try

though i doubt i'd get it approved since its Anovos and not RotJ

Just mask off any areas with painters tape that you don't want red on. You can *lightly* score the tape with an x-acto blade once it's on the plastic as a means of being more precise with your masking, taking care not to scratch it underneath. Dab toothpaste or liquid latex on parts of the soon-to-be red areas before painting to simulate paint chips. I also went back with a white enamel paint marker to add a little more battle damage. 

IMG_20151205_152028.thumb.jpg.2493e61ceed6580d5aa0f25d40396a8e.jpg

(still need to fill the screw holes on mine)

Your Anovos could get approved as a ROTJ-style Shock Trooper if you make modifications. Flip the ab button plate, construct everything with the overlap method, and attach rubber trim to all your torso plates. Apply ROTJ decals to your helmet and paint the frown ROTJ style. Maybe slim the ears of the helmet down and fill the screw holes. Find ESB/ROTJ clamshell handplates and add bubble lenses to your helmet (they're more common on ROTJ troopers vs. flat lenses)
I'm using 90% ANH armor for mine (ordering a fused kidney/butt plate from TM or CFO) and I plan to get approval with this by the time FISD elections end.
Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried doing something similar to this with the plasti dip? It seems like a ton of people are doing it on their wheels and cars now. It is offered in a bunch of colors and is said to remove easily.

Honestly I would just pick one configuration and leave it. From what I understand, and from personal experience, Plastidip has a bit of a texture to it. It wouldn't look like proper spray paint. And who's to say that there won't be any evidence or residue left behind, if you DO manage to remove it from all your parts. And there's quite a bit of red on this guy - the entire shins, knee plate, plastic belt, and knee ammo are all completely red. You'd also need a second pair of boots, btw. The Shock's boots are red too   ;)

The hassle of switching back to a clean ROTJ from a Shock doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort. You'll have a cool costume regardless of which path you take.

Edited by SolidScrafty