Boot Help

Hi All,

I've been having trouble finding a reasonable boot source for my size and area.

TKboots is a serious option, but I don't know if they size up to a mens 13 US. They do ship to Canada which is good. 

Does anyone have any sources that ship to Canada, less than 200 CAD, and sizes up to a 13? I looked online at a few places but they all have seems in the wrong places and are/or are way over my budget. 

Black chelsea boots + white spray paint or white leather dye works great. You can get these boots at pretty much any shoe store. I got a pair from H&M for pretty cheap and sprayed them white with cheapo spray paint. This is the easiest way to do it and it works great for me. It has kept me going for maybe 10 troops now and they look pretty much like in the movies, worn with black leather showing through, which is great because I'm going for that battle damage style. I did absolutely nothing to the shoes but mask off the soles before painting, so if you want to be shiny white then doing it properly is necessary. That means cleaning them well with acetone, probably some sanding and using a good flexible paint or even white leather dye. If you don't want to DIY, than imperialboots.com is a good alternative to TKboots.

• Like 2

----------- would something like this work? I have a 50 sears gift card and I'm looking for something to spend it on.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Spray paint, plasti dip spray...  why don't people just take the advice I've been sharing for almost 5 years?

ANGELUS LEATHER PAINT, and ANGELUS LEATHER SEALER  are two products that make boot painting easy.

-----------

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24742-trooper-boots-a-list-of-suitable-candidates/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I

On 9/19/2015 at 6:05 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

Spray paint, plasti dip spray...  why don't people just take the advice I've been sharing for almost 5 years?

ANGELUS LEATHER PAINT, and ANGELUS LEATHER SEALER  are two products that make boot painting easy.

I'm going this route Vern!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/19/2015 at 6:05 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

Spray paint, plasti dip spray... why don't people just take the advice I've been sharing for almost 5 years?

ANGELUS LEATHER PAINT, and ANGELUS LEATHER SEALER are two products that make boot painting easy.

Hey Vern! Advice needed here. I ordered the normal finish, not the matte. I only realised when I received it that I had picked the wrong one. Do you think it's ok?

you can always add more coats of the same brand product? TK boots are actually not super shiny?

Thanks Vern! I did a coat with the finisher and it is quite glossy! It does feel very nice though and a lot more durable. The paint still felt kinda sticky even though it was dry but now it's all smooth and dry to the touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to one of your original questions: Yes, TKBoots DOES sell a men's size 13 (US). I received a pair of size 13 about four weeks ago. They're a tad narrow for my average-width foot, but I've been wearing them around the house a bit to let the leather stretch. That's really helped. Quality is top notch and there's no seam at all on the front of the boots (necessary for certain approval levels). :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Halfway through painting chelsea boots with the white Angelus matt. Not looking forward to the masking tape reveal :D<br>

Edit, worked out better than I anticipated. I'll post a photo as soon as I can work photobucket out!

Edited by humperdingle
  • Like 1

Halfway through painting chelsea boots with the white Angelus matt. Not looking forward to the masking tape reveal :D<br>

Edit, worked out better than I anticipated. I'll post a photo as soon as I can work photobucket out!

Awesome! please do I'm waiting for my Angelus in the mail

Prepared with steel wool, acetone and an old cloth for wiping, masked the sole ridge as best I could, but it has little bumps all round the perimeter, which made things trickier. Went over the white marks with some black plastikote Think the finished boots look OK?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed