Phoenix Props E11 vs HyperFirm E11

Paradox

I'm on the waiting list for a Phoenix Props ANH E11, but I'm curious about the HyperFirm ANH E11 as well.

What are your thoughts on both?  Prices seem to be similar for cost+shipping for someone in the US.  What are finishing tasks like for both?  Which would you rather troop with and why?

Discuss!

As a complete noob to trooping I just purchased a Hyperfirm ANH E-11 and it looks fantastic.

It arrived completely finished so there was no painting or anything needing to be done.  The paintjob was already weathered accurately so the scope is weathering bronze and the rest is weathering silver/grey. 

Came with the realistic power cylinders and D-ring already attached, so it'll be sufficient for Centurion approval if I make it to that level.

From any further than 6 inches away it looks like metal, but the blaster is light (with just a bit of "heft") and feels like it's a few different densities of rubber for different parts of the gun.  

I have two young kids at home and I'm very comfortable letting them handle it as it seems near impossible to damage.

I hope that helps!

Hyperfirm blasters are great if all you want is a blaster to hold and troop with for photos. It can be dropped without any worries of damaging it so great for letting kids hold it for photos. Can't add electronics, details are somewhat softer than resin blasters. No assembly required, one rubber piece. <br><br>

The Phoenix blaster is the king of e-11 blaster kits. Certainly breakable if dropped but the details are crisp and it looks like the real thing! Assembly required but lots of great references to use on the FISD including the Blaster reference linked in my signature! You can customize the blaster in many ways as you like but a straight forward assembly and paint still looks stunning. <br><br>

Building a blaster is tons of fun and very rewarding when its complete. Hope that helps.

I'm on the waiting list for a Phoenix Props ANH E11, but I'm curious about the HyperFirm ANH E11 as well.

What are your thoughts on both?  Prices seem to be similar for cost+shipping for someone in the US.  What are finishing tasks like for both?  Which would you rather troop with and why?

Discuss!

Well Greg as of today i am the proud new owner of a Hyperfirm and I also have the first generation Phoenix Props E-11 that I did originally with my build.  While I am no expert in E-11s because for some reason this just doesn't hold my interest like the armor does, I can tell you that they are both great.

Having said that, it all depends on what you are planning on doing with your weapon.  The main reason I got a Hyperfirm is because to me it is not practical to take the PP out of the house.  I feel like if I sneeze on it a piece will break off.  While it looks amazing and very articulate I know it just wouldn't stand a chance if I actually wanted to go out on a troop with it.

As far as weight goes I think the the PP probably weighs a touch more then the Hyperfirm.  If you are looking for accurate then you would probably want to go with the PP.  You have all of the pieces in that kit to build it to top of the line while with the Hyperfirm you would need to add a D-ring and I have the older mould so the power cylinders are not accurate. 

Also one is ready to go out of the box and the other one needs to be built.  I hope this helps!

Discuss!

I'm of course a little biased, but as other have said before me, this is like comparing apples to oranges (in my opinion, maybe some others as well).

The Hyperfirm blaster is an excellent trooping blaster, ready to go from the start. For a rubber blaster, the details are pretty good and the quality of the casts are top of the line. It's hard to find a rubber blaster thats looking this good anywhere near this price range. Most rubber blasters have a lot of unseamly .. seams and air bubbles and so on. The HFX ones have the standard seamline since it's a 1 part casting, but the HFX guys do a great job of cleaning it up as best as possible before painting it.

The PP E11 is a different type of Animal. It's a blaster for someone who wants the details down to the wire and they want the ability to dig into it, modify it, swap out real parts or put it on a shelf. The resin is surprisingly strong and it's really down to the type of glue you use to connect the small parts if things fall off. If is' dropped, like any resin piece it can crack or break. I offer free replacement parts to those who have bought my kits to help with this. Generally it's the sights, charging handle or the flash guards that have trouble as they are small and protrude and can wing a wall if you're not careful.

I offer the blasters also fully built ready to display or troop for an extra fee for those who don't want to build it themselves.

It's really down to what you want. I know people who trooper with resin blasters and have not had any trouble, and aren't to worried about it.

If you want full peace of mind that your trooping blaster is 100% and can never break and aren't going to be a super sticks about the details, I suggest the HFX blasters all day long.

If you want to build, prod, modify, or are looking for the most accurate build available, then the PP ones are where you are looking.

Nothing saying you can't own both like Steve and quite a few others out there. The best of both worlds.

• Like 2

One thing that can come into the blanace too is the fact the Hyperfirm comes with a M19 scope instead of the more popular M38 that all the resin kits have.

And i personally have always preferred the M19. And by the way, the majority of the ANH blasters were equipped with a M19.

Most folks have covered the topic well but for me I'm not a blaster accuracy guy. I often carry my Hasbro because it makes pew pew noises.

If you want an accurate blaster the Derrek's resin action is the way to go.

What I like about my hyper firm is that I can literally throw it around.

I was once trooping and a special needs girl was excited to see us but freaked out at the sight of our guns. I tossed it immediately away down the sidewalk and she was all smiles after that. No way I could do that with a resin blaster.

I say if you can afford it get both.

I've also lent out a spare blaster now and then which makes me happy.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic info everyone!

I'll throw another wrench into the topic... DoopyDoo's kits.

Part of me "just wants it done" and is leaning towards HFX.  Part of me loves my old technical theater days and propmaking and is leaning towards the PP kit.  Another part of me hates to wait and still loves propmaking and is leaning towards a DD kit.  Then there is the crazy part of me who wants to build a demilled Sterling, but this part quickly gets squelched due to price, weight, laws/rules, etc.

I have a doopy and I'm happy with it even though I never troop with it. It looks good as a display for sure. 

If you want a resin blaster for accuracy... and if people are happy with Derrek's latest mold improvements...  I would rather buy from someone in the Legion and an active member/contributor of FISD than doopy. 

Also building a blaster is super good fun. I have a resin pipe kit from a local NEG member I bought just for the build. One day I'll actually do it. 

I still say get both a rubber and resin blaster :) 

-Eric

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi guys.

I definitely do NOT recommend Doopydoos. I ordered the Disney Blaster through Amazon, got it all good and I ordered around the same time the Doopydoos conversion kit, I ordered the kit June 4th, its August 10th and I havent got my DDs kit... it never arrived and its been over 2 months. I already Disputed the charge on Paypal. I have read that DDs can take up to 3 weeks to deliver and even though I live in Ecuador, South America, 2 months+ for delivery is pushing it. So for ALL the Legion, I wouldnt buy Doopydoos kit ever. I tried contacting them 4 times, even called their phonenumber and I got no response, the phone number was incorrect. so Im really mad at Doopydoos and wouldnt recommend it to ANYONE.

Kind regards

TK19878

Edited by DarthVader87