ANOVOS plastic

TK4205

Let me put a stop to all this...

IT... IS.... ABS. I know, I ordered it from my same plastic supplier I have been using for over 10 years. And I am the one who vac-formed the kits. It is not the high gloss or sometimes refereed to as gel cap ABS as most classic TK's are used to seeing. I prefer this ABS for the detail and ease for paint ability. It is exactly the same stuff I have been using for my Clone Kits. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. Stop the nit picking, just assemble it correctly and after you paint it, you will be amazed at how good it looks.

Just a reminder... A.B.S. is Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene

Kevin W.

• Like 3

To sum this up; Sturdy ABS plastic for the major parts of the armor, and ABS film for the smaller parts.

I looked up .003 abs plastic, and at that gauge its considered a film. If that is the case, that's incredible. 

Edited by TKCaleb

To sum this up; Sturdy ABS plastic for the major parts of the armor, and ABS film for the smaller parts.

I looked up .003 abs plastic, and at that gauge its considered a film. If that is the case, that's incredible. 

No no no, read above (post #21). They're not saying some parts are .003" thick. They're saying some parts are .003" thinner than the rest. Which means a .09" thickness has been reduced to 0.087" for some parts, or a .07" thickness has been reduced to .067", etc. (I don't remember the baseline). By most user scales, this is not measurable.

Unless the original post meant ".003 (thinner) plastic" instead of ".003 thinner plastic", which doesn't make a lot of sense. You can't build armor parts from film. You can only build movies. ;)

Let's hope this bears out as really accurate over time. Judging from previous posts, the .003 claim is suspect.

Bill

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 1

No no no, read above (post #21). They're not saying some parts are .003" thick. They're saying some parts are .003" thinner than the rest. Which means a .09" thickness has been reduced to 0.087" for some parts, or a .07" thickness has been reduced to .067", etc. (I don't remember the baseline). By most user scales, this is not measurable.

Unless the original post meant ".003 (thinner) plastic" instead of ".003 thinner plastic", which doesn't make a lot of sense. You can't build armor parts from film. You can only build movies. ;)

Let's hope this bears out as really accurate over time. Judging from previous posts, the .003 claim is suspect.

Bill

Totally missed that. I was really scratching my head at .003" thickness. It makes a lot more sense if its .087 or so. At that thickness, it should be perfectly fine to troop in. 

IT... IS.... ABS. I know, I ordered it from my same plastic supplier I have been using for over 10 years. And I am the one who vac-formed the kits. It is not the high gloss or sometimes refereed to as gel cap ABS as most classic TK's are used to seeing. I prefer this ABS for the detail and ease for paint ability. It is exactly the same stuff I have been using for my Clone Kits. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. Stop the nit picking, just assemble it correctly and after you paint it, you will be amazed at how good it looks.

Kevin W.

Thanx for your imput to this thread.

Any chance u could clarify the thickness to the material uve vac formed just to put minds at rest.

Obviously as long as its within the NDA agreement.

Kevin W.

I did not know you did the vac forming KW.  I have zero issues and am not worried at all if thats the case.  The animated clone and realistic clone I got from you were some of the best kits i've ever had.  

• Like 1