LadyInWhite Phasma Build

Being super OCD at times, I feel like I would go mad with the amount of fingerprints you must get on the armour.

Amazing work though and congrats on the awesome experience you had.

The armour is truly amazing!

A microfiber cloth and a wrangler help ;)
  • Like 1

A microfiber cloth and a wrangler help ;)

I believe the term is minion. Squirrel minion.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Please tell me this is not what you call me.

Nope. I was addressing Ingrid's right hand squirrel, Ralf.

I haven't thought of what manner of minion your are when you wrangle.

-Eric

• Like 1

Awesome thread to follow. I'm just now starting my CP. I'm thinking about taking it to an auto body shop for the chrome plating, since I have terrible weather for painting here and no garage. As for your cape, is that drop cloth fairly flowy or not? I thought it looked more like a duck cloth, but that stuff is very stiff.

Also, maybe I missed it but what did you do for your glove base?

This is amazing build, I scrolled through wondering how I could make my own undersuit with the rubber ribbed elbows and knees. I have seen some people posting on here some rubber molds they made, but cost around $300 which is not the price I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated on all things undersuit for a phasma build. 

A bit late tot the party but amazing work Ingrid! The red carpet alone and having pics with the stars alone would have been the payoff for me. The best part is the you get to continue trooping as this awesome looking character!

I propose an amendment to your name. LadyinChrome.

hello I wanted to know what material is the layer that captain Phasma not that material is

Hi, Francisco! Which material, the plastic armor parts or the cape, or the black gaskets in the joints?

Armor/Plastic = vacuum formed ABS, some fiberglass, styrene could work. Cape = cotton canvas is preferable. Joints/Gaskets = the original suits from Anovos are true rubber, but others are making them out of Lycra / Spandex (bathing suit) material, or other materials, including latex. I hope that answers your question! :)

As for your cape, is that drop cloth fairly flowy or not? I thought it looked more like a duck cloth, but that stuff is very stiff.

Also, maybe I missed it but what did you do for your glove base?

Gloves are just plain leather driving gloves I got from a street vendor in NYC for $10. I may switch to neoprene which fits more snugly and will not constrict my fingers as much when I wear the finger armor, and I'll just glue those on or something. I will say, though, that the neoprene is hard to get on/off if the fingers are glued on! Maybe I'll glue all but the middle and index finger, and just leave those end pieces as velcro so they don't fall off. My pinkies tend to fly away - they will be glued.

The cape drop cloth is heavy but flowy, it falls nicely even though I can't find the nap. So who knows, I may have it all wrong. I spray-painted it because it would not take the dye, TWICE, two different types. Sigh. So it is actually a very stiff potato chip right now... I hope to remake it. I am going to get black fabric next time.

For the CRL the cape is the only part I put a complete Level 1 and Level 2. The reason for this is to show that there are a lot more details on the cape to achieve, for those who go nuts, like me, but that a simpler version should be acceptable. I am 99.999% certain that not one fan in the universe who is not analyzing the costume to build it will ever notice that she has four pockets, three seams, a rubberized backing on the outside, etc. etc. So I also did not specify that canvas should be required at Level 1, leaving some flexibility for builders. We shall see what our illustrious (gorgeous, sweet, wonderful, awesome...) DL and the LMO etc. say about that, as it's not up to me!

This is amazing build, I scrolled through wondering how I could make my own undersuit with the rubber ribbed elbows and knees. I have seen some people posting on here some rubber molds they made, but cost around $300 which is not the price I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated on all things undersuit for a phasma build. 

My husband and I are working on a latex paint solution but until then, you can get some shiny black (stretchy like lycra/spandex) material and just sew lots and lots of rows of tubes. I suggest sewing the folds first and inserting the actual piping material (cotton rope, or foam, or whatever) later. That's what I'll be working on this week... maybe a new build thread is in order!

A bit late tot the party but amazing work Ingrid! The red carpet alone and having pics with the stars alone would have been the payoff for me. The best part is the you get to continue trooping as this awesome looking character!

I propose an amendment to your name. LadyinChrome.

Never! Shiny white is my first love  :peace:

• Like 2

My husband and I are working on a latex paint solution but until then, you can get some shiny black (stretchy like lycra/spandex) material and just sew lots and lots of rows of tubes. I suggest sewing the folds first and inserting the actual piping material (cotton rope, or foam, or whatever) later. That's what I'll be working on this week... maybe a new build thread is in order!

Have you considered using Plasti Dip spray?  It is rubber in a can basically and can be found at Lowes or Home Depot.

Is there a pattern for these somewhere?  I might want to make my own also.

I'm not sure if plastidip will hold the shape for the gaskets once you remove the mold, but its a thought.<br><br>

As for the shape, I was going to use any ribbed or corrugated item, make a negative mold of it, and cut to shape (mostly rectangle anyway). But I'm still a ways away from that solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Ingrid and everyone! I am new here and love your Phasma build. If you would have been able to get the whole build from Shawn would you have done it? I have the opportunity to get raw untrimmed build from him but I'm very new to this. I've been busy searching the boards and learning.

I tried to send you a message but you mailbox was full, could you PM me? Thanks! - Misty

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great tutorial. I was wondering the status of the Phasma CRL, is it close to being done, or is it still a ways off? As for the build itself, is it a lot like doing a FO TK or is it comp0letely different? This will be my first build of any form of TK suit, so if it is like the FO trooper, I have several members in my garrison that have done one so I can get help from them when doing the build.

Apologies for the late replies!

Hi Ingrid and everyone! I am new here and love your Phasma build. If you would have been able to get the whole build from Shawn would you have done it? I have the opportunity to get raw untrimmed build from him but I'm very new to this. I've been busy searching the boards and learning.

I tried to send you a message but you mailbox was full, could you PM me? Thanks! - Misty

I am not a fan of fiberglass so I'm glad I have light ABS plastic armor. The parts I have from Shawn are fine, though.

This is a great tutorial. I was wondering the status of the Phasma CRL, is it close to being done, or is it still a ways off? As for the build itself, is it a lot like doing a FO TK or is it comp0letely different? This will be my first build of any form of TK suit, so if it is like the FO trooper, I have several members in my garrison that have done one so I can get help from them when doing the build.

CRL is in progress, mostly done... my bad... need to send in photos. The new LMO, or whatever his role is, is being a total jerk about it. :P (KIDDING!)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all you've gathered and shared. This is a huge asse!! This is going to be my next build likely starting in the summer or fall. Hopefully more parts will come available by then. I'm 6'2" so I'll be able to rock the Phasma build. <br><br>

Christina

• 1 month later...

I tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full. So I will post it here and most likely latter today when I start my own thread. <br><br>

Hello Ingrid, my name is Kyle. I just received my Phasma bucket from Shawn Thorsson and had a question about the lense piece and the extra "duck" bill that mounts on. Sorry to ask you such a basic question but I wanted to make sure before I started cutting, and the few builds I have found on here seem to skip the build of the bucket. I was wondering how much if any of the lense you had to trim off in order to get it to fit on the inside? The lense is formed to fit, but is too big as it is now. Just wondering if you traced the opening on the lense once you cut the eyes out? Also since you have done this before, do you recommend attaching the extra bill, then doing all the painting, or painting everything separate then attaching the bill when done? I plan on doing the painting method you posted. Im just not sure how well the extra piece would hold with glue after its all painted. So I may have answered my own question. Thanks for the help, and I plan on posting a whip of my build of the bucket to help others that may be a little nerves like me. <br><br>

-Kyle-

• 1 month later...

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to get the helmet from order to in your hands?

It did not take long. I want to say it was shipped to my house in about a week and a half. It was just the basic, so it was not painted.