LadyInWhite Phasma Build

I am so super proud of Ingrid.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Ingrid, you worked so hard on this and fought and fought. I'm very glad you were invited to this. It is truly a special commemoration of your dedication and hard work.

Go Ingrid!!!

• Like 3

We're working on it, Francisco! I am not the decision maker in these things, but doing my best to help it along.

As a summary of my personal build:

• about 500 hours
  • somewhere upwards of $3500 (ouch)
  • main armor was Anovos FOTK (alpha batch)
  • accessory armor was from Shawn Thorssen: RESIN: helmet, fingers, upper hand plate, FIBERGLASS: cod, front and back shins, heel
    (NOTE: Others are making and selling parts and kits: would love to year your experiences shopping around!)
  • instep and toe armor are ABS heat-gunned to shape, covered in chrome stretch vinyl
  • boots are some generic, black leather, above-the-ankle jodhpur style look-alikes with 3" lift inserts
  • cape is a generic painter's canvas (drop-cloth) cut and shaped and spraypainted black -- I am throwing this out and making a proper one
  • chrome currently is Alclad II Chrome 107 (about 6 oz did the whole thing) over "Krylon black gloss polished to a mirror finish" (Rustoleum not so great)

Any questions?

• Like 6

Lady in white, I know that earlier in the thread you happened to mention that we can just buy a kit for the captain phasma build... Are any of the ones available (in your opinion) small enough to fit someone 5'0"? I absolutely would love to do a capt phasma, but she is quite tall and I am quite minuscule

Lady in white, I know that earlier in the thread you happened to mention that we can just buy a kit for the captain phasma build... Are any of the ones available (in your opinion) small enough to fit someone 5'0"? I absolutely would love to do a capt phasma, but she is quite tall and I am quite minuscule

The kits are generally sized for an average sized person - whatever that means - 70kg male 6 feet tall?? There are no kits specific to height that I know of. You'll have to modify any kit, so I recommend perhaps not a fiberglass one. At least, I don't know how to trim fiberglass :)

The kits are generally sized for an average sized person - whatever that means - 70kg male 6 feet tall?? There are no kits specific to height that I know of. You'll have to modify any kit, so I recommend perhaps not a fiberglass one. At least, I don't know how to trim fiberglass :)

Thanks so very much for your reply. I would absolutely love to do captain phasma as my first build. Thanks so very much for your time ma'am.

Ingrid,

How is the Alclad holding up?  If you are having to touch it up, how often?  I am planning a build for my wife and am currently researching painting options.

William

Well, it's been in a box since the premiere, so it's not a problem. I did not finish it with a clear coat of any kind, so the silver chips off (showing the black) quite easily. I just let that go for weathering and battle wear.

Actually the fingerprints are part of her weathering look, and I probably need a lot more. But right now I'm wondering when I'll get the courage to destroy this gorgeous alclad chrome for the silver nitrate version... which I will be able to weather with elmers glue, vasaline, or whatever strikes my fancy.

Being super OCD at times, I feel like I would go mad with the amount of fingerprints you must get on the armour. 

My TKs know I am quite a stickler for shiny, and walk around buffing their white armor before troops. I truly detest finger prints on Vader and will wipe them without asking sometimes. However, so far CP has been okay, not driving me insane! :D