Let the rants begin.....

RichTrooper

"..It wasn't until The Empire Strikes Back that Lucasfilm sprung for beautiful new helmets ... oh no, wait, actually they just reused the old ones, slapping yet another shucksty coat of paint on them. Hell, sometimes they didn't even bother finishing the details, like when they completely painted over the breathing slits on the sides of the helmets."

HA!  WRONG! Mr. No Stripes is from ANH, and the "breathing slits" were not painted over.  They were just not painted on due to an oversight.  (I always thought of them as some sort of exhaust vents).  AND, of course they were "shucksty plastic painted costumes"!!  It was the mid-70's! Not a big-budget blockbuster with a massive costume and prop department like movies today! ..well, at least it wasn't yet.  ;)  

• Like 3

"..It wasn't until The Empire Strikes Back that Lucasfilm sprung for beautiful new helmets ... oh no, wait, actually they just reused the old ones, slapping yet another shucksty coat of paint on them. Hell, sometimes they didn't even bother finishing the details, like when they completely painted over the breathing slits on the sides of the helmets."

HA!  WRONG! Mr. No Stripes is from ANH, and the "breathing slits" were not painted over.  They were just not painted on due to an oversight.  (I always thought of them as some sort of exhaust vents).  AND, of course they were "shucksty plastic painted costumes"!!  It was the mid-70's! Not a big-budget blockbuster with a massive costume and prop department like movies today! ..well, at least it wasn't yet.  ;)  

And we have our 1st rant winner :laugh1:

• Like 3

And we have our 1st rant winner :laugh1:

LOL! Thank you! Thank you very much! :laugh1:  Yeah.. couldn't help myself. I'm usually not much of a rant-er..  I guess I'm just more sensitive these days when people talk smack about Stormtroopers, or Star Wars in general.. Especially when they're obviously wrong!!  (...there I go again)  :P

I believe the author (Jim Doughty) also recently wrote a riveting article for the National Examiner entitled "Brad Pitt Abducted by Aliens"...   :P   What a hack...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

#5 is also wrong. The trench they fly into for the final battle isn't the one at the equator. That one is the big one with hangar bays where the MF flies into. The trench at the end of ANH is on the northern hemisphere.

And did you guys notice the shot of Mr No Stripes in the article? The author is talking about ESB, but that screen shot is from ANH, right after Mr. No Stripes shoots Leia with a stun shot. This guy gets paid to write this junk?