ESB Gloves

TK-1287

Both are fine. But if you wear the silk you need to have the handguards stiched to the gloves correctly. If you wear the rubber gloves the hand guards should have loops going around your hand.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!  I'll go with the loops and chemical glove.  Look for an application this week sometime :)

Both are fine. But if you wear the silk you need to have the handguards stiched to the gloves correctly. If you wear the rubber gloves the hand guards should have loops going around your hand.

• 4 weeks later...

OK silk gloves - agreed. The burning question in what pattern are they stitched? I see two 1/16 or 1/8 holes in the top center. anybody have a pattern available. cheers.

Edited by cjdesign

OK silk gloves - agreed. The burning question in what pattern are they stitched? I see two 1/16 or 1/8 holes in the top center. anybody have a pattern available. cheers.

From the CRL:

If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton, with a five point/star pattern, equally spread out with 2 on each side and 1 in the middle front, and needs to be double stitched at each point.

• 2 weeks later...

Can "the hand plates have the correct visible stitching pattern" without being stitched to the glove. eg. stitch the holes independently and attach with velcro or a strap. It doesn't stipulate stitching to the glove, but only correct visible pattern.

Edited by cjdesign

Its a bit easier because I'm working solo and stitching to the glove without help is way more effort.

So basically... it does not need to be stitched to the glove for centurion level -  only required to have the correct pattern. Thanks!

Here's my test sample using industrial velco...works great!! ok for centurion? Now I can put my gloves on first and then affix the cover to hand

post-25146-0-40084300-1445651138_thumb.gif

post-25146-0-12623500-1445651139_thumb.jpg

post-25146-0-56302000-1445651187_thumb.gif

Edited by cjdesign

The hand cover was sculpted to my hand and for the most lays flat. When I make a fist, the gap between the glove and front of cover is minimal. I guess it depends on how much Velcro you use but in my application it works great. Make sure it's industrial Velcro.