Stormtrooper Boot Vendor Comparison & Suggestion

Hi,

I am new to this and waiting for my Stormtrooper kit to arrive from Anovos.  Obviously I would need to order a new pair of boot.  Going through the threads I still find it confusing to know which vendor offers the best quality and price, trustworthy and reliable.  Would someone please help?  Seems like there are TK Boots, Zhongvador.  What other legit vendors are there for the boots?  Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

I also got my kit from anovos, still waiting, the suspense is killing me. I'm looking at just getting a pair of boots from amazon that fit the criteria, then giving them a glossy finish with spray paint or boot paint. I didn't want to be on a waitlist so this is the boots I think I'm going with. Check em out, if you dont like them you could always go with the Pimp 50 model from Fantasma. Search "Bass Mens Amsterdam Ankle Boot", all you'd need to do is paint it white. Goodluck

Hi Caleb,

That looks like a real good option and much cheaper too.  When I read the review, this one concerns me:

" My only complaint (which is ONLY related to stormtrooper wear) is that I believe the Amsterdam's stiffness and lower ankle height from my TKBoots contributed to my shins always riding up over the top of these; I've never had my shin guards creep up with the more flexible and higher-ankle'd TKBoots."

How are you painting it white to make it look good and acceptable to 501st?  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I also jumped on the Anovos bandwagon. If you haven't gotten boots already, I ordered my boots from Imperial Boots. Here is a thread where they were discussed quite heavily. I've seen that many people were happy with them and there is no back order like TK Boots.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29164-imperial-boots/?hl=%20imperial%20%20boots

and here is the link to their shop

http://www.imperialboots.com/product/421/

I hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...

Order from tk boots yes you may have to wait but this kit will take some time to build this isn't going to come together overnight. Save your money and buy quality trust me, it's going to be a while before you are done this kit isn't snap together. By the time you have researched again referenced again and measured twice to cut once, hopefully you are going to do that, the boots will be there.

I've ordered TK boots and I agree, we are spending so much on this already. Saving a couple of bucks on footwear is probably not worth it on the long run.

Edited by zv288bot

Not so clear cut for us Europeans, though, as shipping tend to increase the price by 50-100%. Then buying reasonably priced Chelseas or similar and go to town with white paint seems a good option.

Are there any good European sources for ready to wear boots? 

My experience thus far with Imperial Boots has been poor. Poor communication. 

I ordered a size up as suggested. Normal 13 ordered US 14. Apparently I'm not like most customers.  

They came over WAY too big. They gave me the name and address to send my 14's to someone and IB said they'd send me a replacement 13. 

I messaged the person they told me to send my boots to on Facebook and he said he was told to swap with me. Conflicting messages/instructions!? 

Now I know the Holidays are upon us, but I received the instructions to send my boots on Thanksgiving and I've made 3 attempts to reach out to them to clear up some confusion. 

I'm considering selling them for what I paid, then buying from TK boots if I don't hear back soon. PM me if interested. 

Edited by UHCoog12

Hi Caleb,

That looks like a real good option and much cheaper too.  When I read the review, this one concerns me:

" My only complaint (which is ONLY related to stormtrooper wear) is that I believe the Amsterdam's stiffness and lower ankle height from my TKBoots contributed to my shins always riding up over the top of these; I've never had my shin guards creep up with the more flexible and higher-ankle'd TKBoots."

How are you painting it white to make it look good and acceptable to 501st?  Thanks!

I did the Bass Amsterdam boots (got them from Amazon) and they were half the price I could have got them from TKBoots (the shipping was going to be the same price as the boots). I did have a little problem with my shins riding up, so I just stuck a piece of industrial strength velcro to the boot and my shin to keep my shin from moving up.  To paint them white you just need acetone nail polish remover to get the shiny top coat off, then you can use white acrylic paint to paint over the shoe. It will need a few coats, and let it dry completely between each coat.  I recommend taping off the bottom to keep paint off the rubber part of the shoe.  I used white fabric paint to paint the elastic that is on the ankle, it does make the shoe a little stiff just put it on and off a few times and it should stretch it back out.  I'm a TD so I had to weather mine and opted for a matte clear coat over top, if you are doing a TK just put a glossy clear coat.  They are acceptable to 501st, and this is actually how they did them for the movies :)  I have pictures on my build thread link.