IMG_2986_zpsxgfsvgf7.jpg

Thermal Detonator – Back

IMG_2967_zpsml5ow7bb.jpg

IMG_2968_zpsqdvylbxs.jpg

Holster Attachment

IMG_2988_zpsbuz2wrbe.jpg

IMG_2987_zpskwvkdjkm.jpg

Thank you for your consideration. :) 

Yeah, I know, The TD clips should be at the end caps, but my caps are welded on, and I've seen some pass like mine all the way through Centurian, so I'm hoping I'll pass too. If not, I'll have to order some new TD caps and make a new one.

Yeah, I know, The TD clips should be at the end caps, but my caps are welded on, and I've seen some pass like mine all the way through Centurian, so I'm hoping I'll pass too. If not, I'll have to order some new TD caps and make a new one.

I think you look great and will make an excellent EI. I don't think the end caps are a deal-breaker.

With luck, you'll be EI #500. It's a huge milestone that you'll have helped achieve, and something to be proud of.

Great build. Only suggestion I have is close up the gap between the back and kidney plates. You should be able to do that by adjusting your shoulder straps. You want as minimal space between them as possible.<br><br>

Good luck! :)

Thanks for tip Snaps. When sizing my armor I found that if had the back plate meet the kidney plate I was left with a lot of black under suit showing behind my neck. It looked really weird. I went for a happy median of a consistant kidney gap and less under suit showing in the lower neck/shoulders area. I do have a bit of a long torso. Fingers crossed. :)

Edited by 68Brick

So I spent some time with my TD and ground off the bolts I used so I could remount the clips. There are some battle scars, but now they're in the right place. ;)

IMG_3172_zpsmhrtgjcp.jpg

IMG_3170_zpswv9vtmwv.jpg

IMG_3171_zps7l476dfx.jpg

Edited by 68Brick

Hey Brad!! Thank you so much for your application to Expert Infantry. Let's wait no longer and get to your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Only one picture is missing and that is of your ab details but the nice, clear resolution of your other photos show this in clear detail. After reviewing your other photos, I am pleased to announce that your armor contains all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Not only have you officially received the EIB badge, but you are EIB recipient  #500!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we will cover observations made by both myself and your fellow troopers. Sometimes these observation may lead to suggestions for changes and improvements. We all just want you to look your best. If ant changes are required or affect any application, I will specify that below.

First off, very nice overall build. and fit. Your arm and leg pieces are well assembled and your detailing is right on. You should be very pleased with the paintwork on your helmet. Nice work.

I had all sorts of information regarding the research I did in looking at past threads where there was extra gap between the thermal detonator clips and the end caps. However that was all made pointless because you ROCKED the repair!! 

I also ant to commend you on your shim work to give you a bit of extra room on your sides. I would think that a little ABS past, white E6000, or even some white caulk could make that seam completely disappear. 

I'm jealous of your blaster. Great weapon!!

Centurion Suggestions:

As much as I try to spot everything that would affect an Centurion application, the ultimate accuracy is up to the trooper.

It seems obvious that you have Centurion in mind. There are two things that need to be changed before we can move forward. 

The first things the back to kidney gap. Too much gap here has just as much concern as too much overlap. In your case, the gap here is more than what I would consider minimal. Your backside is on the right compared to another set of AP:post-12041-0-82827300-1442777319_thumb.jpg

The next thing I want to discuss is your holster. post-12041-0-55431500-1442779139_thumb.jpg I looked back at AP applications going back almost a year and don't see a holster from AP that has all the stair step details in the front pouch. I e-mailed Mark to ask him about this, but the long and short of it is the holster pouch is not something that is just a free will design and should be kept to the upside down trapezoid as it has always appeared similar to this.stormtrooper_holster_star_wars_anh_3_zps

Also, please make sure that any full body pics contain all the repairs and adjustments you have made. If it means taking a new set of pics, that would be best.

Congratulations again on your achievement of Expert Infantry!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Gazmosis! #500! I'm honored! And Pumped!!

I'll try and tune up my back gap and holster before applying for Centurion. But for now ... celebration pics!!

EI%20500%20Peace_zpsnrzwfsai.jpg

Thanks everyone for the props. And thank you to everyone who posted in my build and EIB posts that helped me get here. <br><br>

Centurion #200 is a secret goal of mine now that I've got EI #500 locked down. :)