HOWTO: Make your ANOVOS TFA kit more accurate

SolderMaster

Already have a 1080p Blu Ray version and have been pouring over it .

Have noticed that the TK's manning the guns in the trench scene, look to have a black hip pouch of some description. Have only viewed it on my PC monitor but will be watching it again over the weekend on my 50" Plasma

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey guys, look what I found at Lowe's in the kitchen section! It's black textured formica and looks like a pretty close match to me. What does everyone think? They don't have any of it for purchase in the store, as you have to special order it. BUT they do have lots of free sample cards - of which I maybe took ... (cough) all of them (cough). I have about 10 on hand, so if anyone wants one, just PM me and I'll toss it in the mail to ya!

post-21656-0-41107600-1491372254_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice find Seth. How flexible is it?

Not flexible at all. It feels like a cross between plastic and really super thin wood. I haven't tried to cut/bend it yet either - so I'm not sure how easy that will be. 

• 3 months later...

Lots to study up on!! I'm very new at this. Is the Anovos kit a good decision for my first build? I see standard, is that what most purchase? Or go for the much more expensive premier??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Marz87 said:

Lots to study up on!! I'm very new at this. Is the Anovos kit a good decision for my first build? I see standard, is that what most purchase? Or go for the much more expensive premier??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anovos is decent armor however, there are other armors out there that may last longer with better support. Take a look at this thread "Armor and where to find them" and draw you own conclusion. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/ . We're here to help if you have further questions.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Posting here as well as in @ukswrath's build thread (as I feel it's the gold standard tutorial on first-rate First Order construction)...

Sharing some resources I've found in my accumulating of materials.

For the 2" by ¼" neoprene for the belt insert, I found it by the foot on the famous auction site. Four feet plus shipping comes to less than US$9. Half the price of the chunk you found on Amazon, and some of us don't have the space for a whole lot of leftovers, no matter how potentially useful they may be down the road. :)

Instead of elastic cord for the crotch connector and shoulder tie-downs, I found a 10-foot spool of 3/32" EPDM rubber cord. About five bucks, and fits the rubbery theme of the black portions of the armor, IMO.

Hope these are helpful.

--Jonah

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hello all,

I just recently registered the other day and have done a lot of research but now have a few questions.

1. Is Anovos still recommended in general and is it a good idea to get for someone who is 6'2, 160lbs and just starting out. I have no experience in making or customizing armor and I do know how much of it I can do on my own. I am mainly a visual learner so seeing something being done in front of me first helps me a lot.

2. If Anovos is recommended, is it best to order online or at a convention ( I have NYCC tickets and I know they are there every year). I have noticed people talking about the delays with Anovos but was not sure if it was still an issue after all this time. 

Thank you all in advance!

10 minutes ago, Soloson1 said:

Hello all,

I just recently registered the other day and have done a lot of research but now have a few questions.

1. Is Anovos still recommended in general and is it a good idea to get for someone who is 6'2, 160lbs and just starting out. I have no experience in making or customizing armor and I do know how much of it I can do on my own. I am mainly a visual learner so seeing something being done in front of me first helps me a lot.

2. If Anovos is recommended, is it best to order online or at a convention ( I have NYCC tickets and I know they are there every year). I have noticed people talking about the delays with Anovos but was not sure if it was still an issue after all this time. 

Thank you all in advance!

At this point until current customers have received their orders, no we are not recommending the Anovos armor.

Feel free to keep an eye on following sections and websites:

Currently recommended armor 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Up and coming armor

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/29-hard-armor-general-discussion/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/189609135004054/