HOWTO: Make your ANOVOS TFA kit more accurate

SolderMaster

Well, the seam that was being discussed was potentially on the bottom of he tube itself, running long ways, from left to right as worn, not at the back plate mounting junction.

I'll keep looking around to see what I can find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, those any body knows where can i get an Anovos TFA amor?

Check the 501st boards, sometimes they come up and have timelines when they may come open again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

This may have been posted already, but I'm not finding this long notch detail in the movie. Has anyone else?

EepSNMy.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

There are some scenes - and I'm having no luck in finding any screen shots to support this right now - where that notch detail is actually black.  Of course, in the dressing room photo, not a single one that is visible appears to have it colored black.

And what I find odd in that picture is that none of the fore arms are left split open at the wrist.

Are we certain that this was a movie production shot and not a disney stage production shot?

And what I find odd in that picture is that none of the fore arms are left split open at the wrist.

Are we certain that this was a movie production shot and not a disney stage production shot?

While it is not 100% certain, the article that the photo was originally published in states that it is the TFA Dressing Room:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-11/18/star-wars-force-awakens-stormtrooper-dressing-room/viewgallery/621538

I remember some of the troopers having the black stripe on their TD also. Not all of them, but some. 
For what it's worth, here's a photo of the Disney FO TKs walking around the park, they have the black stripe on their TD.

24756759061_93f2993878_k.jpg

Edited by bearings
  • Like 2

The Disney suits are purposely made for Disney through a Disney prop shop just like everything else you see there, including their inaccurate OT TKs. That huge room with all those TKs is from Pinewood. As far as I know, Walt Disney World &amp;amp;amp; and Disneyland only have a few costumes per character. Not to mention they rotate their actors out in the changing destinations during their outings. <br><br><br>

The screen used OT TK doesn't have the black decal strip, but.... When they shot the film in those hot conditions, decals did fall off due to the heat. I'm pretty positive there is no black strip on the TD :) The Disney costume isn't even close to screen used armor. The chest is built different, although the helmet is more accurate than the ANOVOS Fiberglas helmet. (Still not from the movie) <br><br><br>

At the L.A. Movie premiere of TFA, the troopers that marched out into the red carpet were Disney World Troopers, the ones in the crowd were ANOVOS people. One way you can tell is that the Disney suits have their pistols welded to their holster, all of them. ANOVOS is in company with Disney as a licensing. There is no doubt they threw the TD decals for the ANOVOS Kit, just to make the kits look like the Disney TKs. As Tim stated, the dvd release will have plenty of information that we are all seeking.

Edited by A Master Builder
  • Like 2

The Disney suits are purposely made for Disney through a Disney prop shop just like everything else you see there, including their inaccurate OT TKs. That huge room with all those TKs is from Pinewood. As far as I know, Walt Disney World &amp;amp;amp; and Disneyland only have a few costumes per character. Not to mention they rotate their actors out in the changing destinations during their outings. <br><br><br>

The screen used OT TK doesn't have the black decal strip, but.... When they shot the film in those hot conditions, decals did fall off due to the heat. I'm pretty positive there is no black strip on the TD :) The Disney costume isn't even close to screen used armor. The chest is built different, although the helmet is more accurate than the ANOVOS Fiberglas helmet. (Still not from the movie) <br><br><br>

At the L.A. Movie premiere of TFA, the troopers that marched out into the red carpet were Disney World Troopers, the ones in the crowd were ANOVOS people. One way you can tell is that the Disney suits have their pistols welded to their holster, all of them. ANOVOS is in company with Disney as a licensing. There is no doubt they threw the TD decals for the ANOVOS Kit, just to make the kits look like the Disney TKs. As Tim stated, the dvd release will have plenty of information that we are all seeking.

So you don't believe this photo either? 

I think it's no more than media filler to stick in between the adds. I suspected Disney props as soon as this photo hit the internet. 

That huge Building with all those Trooper Costumes is PINEWOOD & FOREVER PINEWOOD STUDIOS. Disney does not have the room to even sustain that size of a soundstage to hold just Stormtrooper Costumes. Disney doesn't need that many costumes....What you see in that picture is screen used armor for The Force Awakens ONLY. Many of the Disney Costumes are held in miniature trailers. I know, because my friend plays Minnie at Walt Disney World.

• 2 weeks later...

A little off topic but do the spats overlap the bottom of the shin piece or do the shins just rest in top on the spat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spats over the shin. just below the pill box.

here It's definitely not black. I'm not even sure I see it. This is where Fin walks in to rescue Poe.,

The only TDs I've seen with the black are the Disney theme park props

• Like 1

• 1 month later...