EP7 Nerf Sidearm Upgrade

gmrhodes13

Got one of these Nerf sidearm's and even though they are quite small I thought I would give it an upgrade, I like my blasters to have light and sound ;)

First I'll take the sound electronics from an old $5 blaster

RgNCSwO.jpg

Sand off some of the raised writing

RnlygaH.jpg

I've got some nice rectangle lights to go in the side, I think it will have them but nothing is sure until the movie comes out.

AmGpwTX.jpg

Fitted

CwYUiUm.jpg

Now to find some room batteries, rear compartment looks nice

GquS96L.jpg

ROJclgQ.jpg

dpVlGYE.jpg

Fitting in the rest of the electronics, jack to run to an amp and a high bright blue LED, who knows what colour it will be ;)

3GTGkNU.jpg

Everything in and time to for a test.

raL6Cna.jpg

Next some paint

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 4

Thanks guys

Decided to change the flash hider as it just looks too small (thanks Zebedee). I looked at using the hider from a Rubies DL-44 but it was too big, then I found an old plastic funnel tip.
saZsvNg.jpg

Cut down to size and holes drawn
5J9qvZF.jpg

Drilled and fitted
RnlygaH.jpg

Also trimmed down the trigger a little
xsQbvLk.jpg

Example blasterzTYx1MF.jpg

• Like 3

I'm just using the electronics from a $5 toy machine gun, any gun will do as long as the sound is ok. I just add a high bright LED to the - neg side of the battery and the other to the + pos side of the push switch, gives the LED full power and not reduced through the board. The rectangle side LED's run from the + power to a switch then to the sound board. The amp jack just runs two wires to the speaker.

The other problem is the colour of the LED, not sure what it should be at this stag, I tossed a coin ;)

It's not too hard to wire up, if I could get my hands on more guns I would put kits together but they are scarce here.

I've seen a few different combo's of how the blasters should attach to the leg mount but I think they are just fitted with two screws on the side, can just make them out in this photo. They just slide down and grab on the holster mount.

YHfyMy4.jpg

mwHsDiN.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Primer applied, sanded and then a coat of black

rEkmPTF.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

On the ball as always I see Glenn. Great work mate.

You can always 3D print parts for this as well , when you run out of old funnel ends :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Masked and first coat of white applied

bMANFJG.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

And done

FO6Ek1K.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 7

I just finished with my mod. Furthermore, I modded my thigh holster to be functional by using a 3/8" high speed cutter bit for my Dremel to cut out a narrow lip inside of both slots on the thigh holster. I then installed a couple of 3/16" x 1/2" flathead screws in my modified Hasbro TFA pistol. Worked like a charm. The pistol goes on easy and is held securely in place - it won't be bumped off and no one is going to be able to yank it off my thigh without me knowing about it.

21367334618_f881c7beef_c.jpg

20934089163_aebe3c6e5a_c.jpg

21555229855_192a40f53c_c.jpg

21367182730_bf42eca6fa_c.jpg

• Like 3