Canvas trooper belt

I'm sure everyone has heard that the belts used in star wars ANH where made of canvas. I'm not sure how ture this rains but i figure gives me somthing to do in my free time and looks a hell of a lot better then my thin elastic belt. Here is how my progess has come so far.

Elastic

DSC05316.jpg

canvas

DSC05315.jpg

DSC05328.jpg

DSC05365.jpg

DSC05366.jpg

Befor anyone says anything i know my drop boxes are in the worng place i move them when i troop or they get lost in my thigh plates :P

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That they were made of canvas I believe has now been well established. As long as you're moving the drop boxes, you might want to re-attach your holster so there are no straps showing on the outside of the belt.

--------

is the best screen cap I have so far - will try to scrounge more.

Another good one of where the drop boxes are attached:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

That looks good. And it matches your armor. The canvas belts that I have seen in person didn't mach with the armor, and just didn't look right.

Provide a reference on what the actual material is you used and where to obtain it.

So you are using velcro to hold it together? How about mounting the Thermal Detonator to the back and keeping it centered?

Here are some update shots of the armor i will look for the site i got my canvas from. I have extra i made one for a friend he digs it, the only major problem is i made my belt way to thick so it's hard to rivit it <_< i havent suited up the armor since i added the canvas but i will try to fit it in today to see how well it holds up with the blaster in it's holster and Thermal Detonator to the back attached.

DSC05396.jpg

DSC05397.jpg

I tryed to dirty up the belt a little. ;)

Outstanding job! Always great to see people taking their kit to the next level. :D

I suspect there will be a tutorial out of this? C'mon GZ - share the TM love ;-)

Sorry for the late update guys been a little busy

I'm thinking about doing a small run of canvas belts since i have a box full of it left over... order to much when i made my belt <_< . Not sure how many people would be intrested in this

The belt would have more then enough to fit to any size trooper

I have enough for

3 or 4 belts

someone has asked for one so that leaves 2 or 3 i have to check again. ;)

Update i now only have enough for maybe one belt ;)

Sorry for the late update guys been a little busy

I'm thinking about doing a small run of canvas belts since i have a box full of it left over... order to much when i made my belt <_< . Not sure how many people would be intrested in this

The belt would have more then enough to fit to any size trooper

I have enough for

3 or 4 belts

someone has asked for one so that leaves 2 or 3 i have to check again. ;)

Update i now only have enough for maybe one belt ;)

I'm interested in one. Let me know what I owe you. We should start a thread just to advertise our left over materials. I've got a ton of white vinyl and black mesh.

Here's a pic of my current canvas belt.What I did was use thin canvas and wrap it around 3" wide elastic to give it some girth.The ends have velcro the same width as the belt and the same length as the strip on the kidney plate which is what the overlap should be (or there about).The plastic front panel is riveted in place and plastic caps cover the heads.The holster is also riveted to the belt in the same way as the movie suit's.I still have yet to add the snaps on the inside to fix the belt to my ab plate but I need to find some way of fixing them on as they are not long enough to fix through the thick belt.Anyhow,you should be able to make an accurate canvas belt looking at this pic but you might want to just use a few layers of canvas and sew them together to make it thicker.

BeltANH.jpg