Knockerbot large AP build

:popcorn:  

Pretty soon you will have to put down the Xbox controller and get to work. Toronto Comicon is an achievable timeline to be approved and ready to roll if the armour arrives before February. 

• Like 3

The suspense is killing me!

Right there with you - last night I started prepping my the build threads that I'm going to use to help me build to alleviate the anxiousness lol - and watching your guys threads & email like a hawk

• Like 2

I started a grade 12 Math course last night. They said to do one lesson a week but I did 2.5 in less than 24 hours. 17.5 to go lol. Only credit I need so I'm doing it fast as hell. <br>

I'm hoping to get into college as a CNC Programmer for a second career so it may actually help with this stuff, would definitely help building my astromech. I hated working in TV. It was a waste of an education and a decade. Always remember kids, great pay doesn't make it a great job.<br>

That all being said this course takes the spot of being most important so I think something at the middle of summer might be a better aim for me.

Edited by Knockerbot
  • Like 1

Right there with you - last night I started prepping my the build threads that I'm going to use to help me build to alleviate the anxiousness lol - and watching your guys threads & email like a hawk

I should probably start doing the same just reading and following posts is probably not as smart as making a binder

I should probably start doing the same just reading and following posts is probably not as smart as making a binder

Later today I'm just going to post all the links on my build - a mini quick reference and cheat sheet guide as it were lol (got the idea from Knockerbot's equipment list which has been very handy so cheers mate!) It also saves having to scroll through all the threads you follow.

• Like 3

Later today I'm just going to post all the links on my build - a mini quick reference and cheat sheet guide as it were lol (got the idea from Knockerbot's equipment list which has been very handy so cheers mate!) It also saves having to scroll through all the threads you follow.

I did the same thing, When I started I used his list as checklist for my build too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so I'll do a real fix up on this thread this afternoon I think. I have some stuff to post from my blaster and I got a motorcycle suit and neck seal a few weeks ago that I'll take pics of. Thanks for following, makes it better to have people who are interested in the same things on here. It's great the support we give each other.

• Like 1

Got the lenses in.... PEW PEW!!

Tore them out of a cheap monocular from amazon :)

Learned a valuable lesson though. First shape the hole to size, then wash, Paint, then glue. Don't paint first because now I will forever have white on the inside near the edge.

20160118_192210_zpsz1abqf5j.jpg

So there is a tiny gap caused by the resin sight not actually being round the MFer is an oval. Haven't filled and painted that yet. Got too angry about it.Also the white you see is caused by my dumb butt using super glue on black paint lol. Didn't dry well at all.

20160118_192102_zpsc2qxp9o0.jpg

20160118_192134_zpsfmppgnba.jpg

Then I got bored today and built a stand. Not even near finished though. I'm adding another U bolt in the back to hold up the clip and welding a ring to it to keep the blaster from falling but still making it look like it's just sitting there on flat bars I hope. I'm going for an industrial feel. Painting the base black, leaving the ubolts bare.

20160118_192227_zpshkjoskau.jpg

20160118_192250_zpsas92tpjr.jpg

Still need to sand, paint, trim the bolts shorter, and when I get a TK number get a little plaque made for it.

Might not add a third u bolt and find a way to magically keep it up.

• Like 3

Also I'm going with red plastidip instead of black in my helmet. People say the black doesn't show through so there's no reason to think the red would. I just think it'll look cool lol. 

Both my boots and armour are now on their way. Got both tracking numbers today and yesterday!

• Like 2

Also I'm going with red plastidip instead of black in my helmet. People say the black doesn't show through so there's no reason to think the red would. I just think it'll look cool lol. 

Both my boots and armour are now on their way. Got both tracking numbers today and yesterday!

• Like 1

ooo Blood inside the bucket.. awesome!

btw.. I found your thread.. hahahha.. So what shall we talk about - chuckles -

Wishing you all the best on your build.. may you get started long before I do and run into lots of issues so you have the answers when I get lost in my build...

KIDDING!

Good luck Bonkerbot! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 2