Navajo Bro's FOTK Build Thread

Navajo Bro

Heat gun those ankle clips to curve in.  You're gonna loose one of them with them that flaired out.  To put a gloss coat on your suit, try Krylon Laqure spray.  I got it at Michaels.  It takes about 2 or three coats but puts a nice shine on a flat coat.  If you used the rustoleum, don't do that.  the two different paints will clash and F up your paint job. Also you gotta remove the knuckle strips of white on the gloves I believe. 

Looks great so far.  just tiny things to go from good to awesome. 

Thanks man!

I heat gunned the ankle clips with the rest of the grebblies but that's a great suggestion, I can do those further.  

I ended up using Krylon Super Maxx Gloss White - I believe I saw it on one of the threads as an alternative to the Rustoleum but I forget why lol.  

24667F58-A766-4A24-BC64-B6EC5CEA8C7C_zps

I did think it would be shinier, lol, I'll look into the Laqure spray for sure.

I wasn't going crazy with the stock Anovos gloves because my upgraded stuff (boots and gloves) are literally in transit from Imperial Boots as of this week hahaha!  I just couldn't wait any longer to put it all on, but good to know  ...

• 4 weeks later...

FYI I got my upgrades!!  Here are the better gloves and accurate First Order boots:

Anovos gloves on left / Imperial Boots gloves on right:

IMG_5607_zpsxyqiijaa.jpg

IMG_5606_zpsiunfqgma.jpg

You can see the IB ones have removed the white knuckles and added the stitched padding in the palm.

Imperial Boots FOTK boots on right / old, CA TK boots on right:

IMG_5605_zpszg2gliuf.jpg

Pretty obvious there hahaha!

I also corrected the position of the biceps and took some new shots:

IMG_5651_zpscd7tzpj3.jpg

IMG_5664_zps3zvaf03m.jpg

IMG_5665_zpsvkbb2q7z.jpg

IMG_5666_zps7feoxzkw.jpg

IMG_5667_zpspktu7qyo.jpg

Still waiting for the cloth gaskets, and plan on tweaking the ankle spat greeblies but at least I'm still moving forward with it :)

• Like 1

I also did my first troop in it a few weeks ago (prior to the upgrades, so the old boots and gloves in the shots lol).  It held up great went over well :)

I can tell I need to do a few very minor tweaks to make it more troop friendly.  I'm going to secure the biceps and shoulders better, but also aren't going crazy with them until I get the cloth gaskets because I'll need to fit it to them when they arrive.  The guy who helped me get dressed was brand new to the Garrison and put the shoulders on a little further out and I didn't notice until the photos lol.  

IMG_5562_zpsqrj0l4lk.jpg

IMG_5557_zpsfs1dj83c.jpg

IMG_5556_zpsjtreelji.jpg

IMG_5465_zpsgbbsmgwl.jpg

IMG_5448_zpsdeawkx5v.jpg

IMG_5440_zps7ivlw0fc.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

fantastic job hiding the work on your chest detail. That looks like a tricky mod. It wasn't available for the Alpha so I didn't have the pleasure of doing it. 

fantastic job hiding the work on your chest detail. That looks like a tricky mod. It wasn't available for the Alpha so I didn't have the pleasure of doing it. 

Thanks man, that was probably the most difficult part for me but I'm satisfied with how it came out.  It was also my first time working with this amount of bondo and seam work (meaning for an entire costume) so it definitely tested my skill hahaha!  

Edited by Navajo Bro

• 2 months later...

****  FYI I'VE DONE A TON OF TROOPS IN THIS AND HAVE SINCE UPGRADED A BUNCH OF PARTS.  I ALSO FINALLY GOT SOME WEAPONS HAHAHA.  I'M GOING TO COPY/PASTE SOME OF THE POSTS FROM MY LOCAL NER FORUMS BUILD I HAD GOING.  MY STUFF IS DONE DIRTY JERSEY STYLE AND NEVER AS CLEAN AS TONY AND SOME OF THE OTHER EXPERTS HERE, BUT HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS SOME OTHER BUILDERS HERE   :)

Got one of four pending weapons smile.png

This is a "unbreakable" rubber/resin SE-44C pistol from Kai, a dude in Germany.  I think it's a little bigger then most of the other ones available but I wanted something in this material and it was available hahaha!  

I taped it up and am ready to go smile.png

IMG_5863_zpsfaigzpqr.jpg

IMG_5874_zpsmo2vtc3j.jpg

IMG_5876_zpsfbd6ctqy.jpg

IMG_5877_zpswl07up0w.jpg

IMG_5878_zpsqfoqrjdq.jpg

FYI I painted the blaster finally with acrylic paint.  Came out fine smile.png

IMG_61811_zpsp01juc1i.jpg

IMG_61821_zpsxwr3enjt.jpg

I also got my "DDay" resin F-11 kit based on the 3D print files.  It is SUPER sharp and literally has slots and holes to assemble.  I'm going to clean it up (min amount of work), paint it and put it all together smile.png

Continuing upgrades.  I haven't finished yet but I also got a 3D printed pistol.  I noticed that has a side rail where the holster screws go, so I traced it out and made one from scrap ABS for the above rubber pistol.  The 3D print is very slightly smaller then the rubber one, so I accounted for the difference by using math!!  smile.png

IMG_6294_zps7kgze4z6.jpg

IMG_6295_zpsfxysdooe.jpg

IMG_6300_zpsgvzd2v3i.jpg

IMG_6296_zpscdvbbdb2.jpg

IMG_6299_zpsr8bn7uq1.jpg

IMG_6301_zpswksqatcu.jpg

added the homemade silver plate to the rubber pistol:

IMG_6597_zps9ww4znbe.jpg

I scored a pair of Dan's resin accurate handplates, painted them and replaced my plastic ones:

IMG_6507_zps9solsi2q.jpg

IMG_6602_zps40xscwsn.jpg

Side by side comparison (Anovos on right):

IMG_6603_zpsivg7kxwi.jpg

IMG_6604_zpswzciyqr3.jpg

Edited by Navajo Bro

I also got an upgraded metal holster I'm going to switch out.  This is cut in separate sheets and when put together will give me the slots for locking the blaster in.  I also got the screen accurate hardware with it, so when I get around to painting the blaster I'm also going to hit this and swap it out.

IMG_5894_zpswlcpwzz1.jpg

IMG_5895_zpstmsq1gl4.jpg

I also found a small enough cutting wheel to add the slots in the resin holster (so blaster or baton screws can slide in):

IMG_6217_zpsvkrzz2ep.jpg

IMG_6218_zpsrafodzal.jpg

IMG_6219_zpsw07d5l88.jpg

That being said, I also got around to upgrading said holster to the metal one I got a little while back hahaha!  I plan on using the resin one for Nicole's Fem7 kit which is why I dremeled it out smile.png

The metal kit is awesome, first I painted it:

IMG_6220_zpsvn14neao.jpg

Then I popped off the resin one.  I had to take off the abs part because it was glued together.  I used an exacto knife to very carefully slice it off.  This is possible because I used E-6000 glue on it.  Remember that in your builds - if you want a PERMANENT bond use ABS glue, if you want to have the ability to remove stuff down the road but still have a very secure bond use the E-6000.

IMG_6265_zpsyxdkq8uv.jpg

IMG_6266_zpsxsqmvt4u.jpg

The E-6000 residue cleans off pretty easy.  Once it's apart you can peel it off almost like the sticky on a credit card that's attached to the paper mailer, lol, then sand it down and repaint:

IMG_6267_zpstdmlyon1.jpg

The metal upgrade also came with screen accurate hardware, basically it's security torx bolts which you can get online (came with holster though).  I ran to Home Depot and got a security bolt screwdriver kit for like $10 smile.png

IMG_6273_zpsvhexccmu.jpg

Glued it all back together :

IMG_6274_zpsnnate11g.jpg

IMG_6275_zpsugnp6xny.jpg

The bolts were a little shorter then the ones I had on the resin part, so I had to cut a little into the armor to get the nut on.  This is to hold it more securely.  If it's a problem down the road I'll just get a longer bolt and add in a big washer to cover the hole I created, but for now I filled it with E-6000 for holding power:

IMG_6276_zpswf4kzuc5.jpg

IMG_6277_zpsbvhms2i7.jpg

Once I get the blasters done I'll show you how it holds them smile.png

*** 3D PRINTED SE-44 PISTOL ***

My very first time working with a 3d printed kit, it was a learning experience but I'm happy with how it came out.  Clearly I need a little more practice and understanding on how to clean up the parts but it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

I used the manual / tutorial provided on the FISD boards for the actual kit.  Again, as my first time and with the tools I had I wasn't able to follow it completely and as perfect, but it got done.  It also helped that it's based on a real world Glock with real world attachment - and I'm familiar with that because we carry Glock 23 as duty weapons lol. 

1)  Basic parts, most printed in correct color

IMG_6221_zpsy1b5olhq.jpg

2)  Glued the scope parts together

IMG_6268_zpsghlyc2oq.jpg

IMG_6269_zpspnpmj0hz.jpg

IMG_6270_zpsobnlluuu.jpg

IMG_6271_zpsoxfjkpgn.jpg

IMG_6272_zpswcz7jcb1.jpg

3)  Small part on the back end piece

IMG_6499_zpslefhqzvh.jpg

4)  Small part in the side piece

IMG_6500_zpsmu5zam96.jpg

5)  Only thing I had to paint was part of the grip and some black in the attachment.  I did my best, but everyone knows painting is not my strong suit  wink.png

IMG_6504_zpskjefleqa.jpg

6)  Basically the grip, two sides and scope all fit together like a model kit (although I couldn't get the front bottom completely flush).  Simply glue them together.

IMG_6523_zps75w7uqzn.jpg

IMG_6524_zpsfrzpoq1k.jpg

7)  Slide in that back part

IMG_6525_zpstzobztn5.jpg

8)  Glue on the muzzle

IMG_6526_zps4v3nsctz.jpg

IMG_6527_zpstxh08upp.jpg

9)  Glue on the front black parts, small red part and grey side plate

IMG_6528_zpswwbwdrcy.jpg

IMG_6529_zpsotsowlgg.jpg

IMG_6531_zpscoa8knu5.jpg

IMG_6532_zpsgf1u16dv.jpg

10)  Done

IMG_6582_zpshegw53qd.jpg

IMG_6583_zpsvsrvuy4k.jpg

IMG_6584_zpshlklb8zq.jpg

IMG_6585_zpsbpndus4v.jpg

IMG_6586_zpsgd2u2l68.jpg

This is super lightweight, so I threw in the screws so I can put it in my holster.  Here's where my inexperience with 3d printed kits hurt me... I drilled pilot holes slightly smaller then the screw like you normally would , and I should have drilled the holes as big or even bigger lol.  As I screwed the hardware in (carefully) I could hear cracking and moaning.  I should have pulled them out and corrected the holes but I kept doing "one more half turn" to see what would happen and eventually began cracking the side.

IMG_6609_zps1xne7fju.jpg

I threw a ton of superglue in there and for now it's okay, although a little sloppy, and I would like to go about 1/8" more in but can't risk it.  It's almost flush and good enough to attach to the holster for now.  Down the road I might try to gently get the screws out and then drill the holes bigger so I can get them further in without breaking anything smile.png

IMG_6608_zpsrew7pspg.jpg

IMG_6607_zpsn5jkrtuj.jpg

IMG_6606_zpstz3xuibb.jpg

IMG_6605_zpsp85rgue9.jpg

I also received my 3D finished F-11 and love it!  As I'm working on the DDay resin kit I now have this to troop with.  Today at the local FCBD troop I finally got to go fully equipped hahaha!

IMG_6659_zpsdubizben.jpg

fcbd_zpsnnsq1klh.jpg

IMG_6663_zpsrp2wwlc6.jpg

I'm already working on the resin kit, and also have a baton.  Once I finish them I'll copy over my progress shots :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I also received my 3D finished F-11 and love it!  As I'm working on the DDay resin kit I now have this to troop with.  Today at the local FCBD troop I finally got to go fully equipped hahaha!

I'm already working on the resin kit, and also have a baton.  Once I finish them I'll copy over my progress shots :)

Which baton did you go with? Looking for one myself. Great job on your builds.

• 3 weeks later...

Which baton did you go with? Looking for one myself. Great job on your builds.

I actually got in Peter White's version one last year before the movie came out but opted to wait for the V2.  It is awesome, I just got around to building it after finishing the resin blaster and by using his tutorial it was a breeze.  

I'll update my thread here with my resin blaster and baton builds over the next week :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry I never updated this stuff, lol, but here it was:

***  F-11 Resin kit ***

1)  Untrimmed parts

IMG_6564_zps6a5ytddf.jpg

IMG_6565_zpsgifpefjn.jpg

IMG_6566_zps3br72xvs.jpg

IMG_6567_zpsi8uzesdc.jpg

IMG_6568_zpsqzlrobtg.jpg

IMG_6569_zpskurm6bpq.jpg

2)  Basic fit assembly test after very easy and very minor trimming.  All I had to do was use the cutting wheel on the dremel to snip off a few excess posts on a few of the parts, then the belt sander to smooth them out.  Super easy.

IMG_6570_zpsem8rcoor.jpg

IMG_6572_zpslkpdisun.jpg

IMG_6571_zpsoynigpbb.jpg

IMG_6573_zpsgins8lfi.jpg

IMG_6574_zpslvg5rjp4.jpg

IMG_6575_zpsojdbpaz4.jpg

IMG_6576_zpsxh5wga1z.jpg

IMG_6577_zpsr8k2fjfw.jpg

IMG_6578_zpsro9z48bf.jpg

IMG_6579_zpsiiagggpd.jpg

IMG_6580_zpsasozju7o.jpg

IMG_6581_zpst9he1kmd.jpg

Assembly went super smooth, painting not so much.  We all know that is my weak spot lol.  The flat black spray came out awesome, but I mistakenly used gloss white and that was not so good sad.png

But I still like it!

IMG_7153_zpssfdzbpwz.jpg

IMG_7222_zps1sby7ii2.jpg

IMG_7225_zpsk33w6jhn.jpg

IMG_7229_zps1kskklkz.jpg

IMG_7230_zpsedp2xfwu.jpg

IMG_7231_zpsmfjh3ecx.jpg

IMG_7232_zpsvzqca15s.jpg

IMG_7233_zpsyjjxpuit.jpg

IMG_7234_zps97axupf3.jpg

IMG_7235_zps2d0n1i5b.jpg

IMG_7236_zpsxgusoo6x.jpg

IMG_7265_zps9sec1tur.jpg

IMG_7266_zpszlvioa7e.jpg

IMG_7271_zpszf7nxn53.jpg

* ran out of glue, lol, all I have to do is attach the large stock but I might actually make it removable.  I'll edit in finished photos later smile.png

FINAL SHOTS: (did a couple of touch ups after this but you get the idea)

IMG_7296_zpsn8gjupzo.jpg

IMG_7298_zpszs3nk8dd.jpg

IMG_7299_zpsff12zik7.jpg

** Little too late for me but someone finally got a really great build for this on FISD hahaha!  Could have made mine a tad bit better if I saw it first, but no worries:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37447-phoenix-props-f-11d-blitz-build/

(I actually got some clear spray stuff from another member that got rid of the gloss and made my bad paint job look really good, it was like magic hahaha!

Next up is finishing my Z6 Riot Control Baton.  I got the V2 from Peter White, and used his video to build it smile.png

Kit:

IMG_7226_zpsdvtnf5bu.jpg

IMG_7227_zps3xglvuub.jpg

IMG_7228_zpsywdgxpws.jpg

Painting:

IMG_7237_zps0wn1ivzv.jpg

IMG_7238_zps8ndyyauz.jpg

IMG_7239_zps93qkorg8.jpg

IMG_7240_zpsngeuyfrb.jpg

IMG_7241_zpsziiqtuvn.jpg

IMG_7268_zpsfu79hcjm.jpg

IMG_7269_zpsbobr3pxt.jpg

Painting continued:

IMG_7270_zpsyuq93u38.jpg

Put tint on the inner clear box:

IMG_7267_zps4hafunxm.jpg

Assembled the holster rig as per video - but found an easier way then using a second set of holes to get the screws in.  I used my claw tool thingy and held the screw, fed it through the tube then out the hole where I got the nut on smile.png

IMG_7272_zpsxhdqqaap.jpg

IMG_7273_zpsyb6ihawy.jpg

IMG_7274_zpslfs48pwx.jpg

IMG_7275_zpsrlkwapoi.jpg

IMG_7276_zpsyjtq5iky.jpg

IMG_7277_zps7q3z2ezx.jpg

IMG_7278_zpsckyjxsl6.jpg

IMG_7279_zpsim5iwwxh.jpg

Holster rig cont:

IMG_7280_zpsctoh3oei.jpg

IMG_7281_zpsneaknnbu.jpg

IMG_7285_zps01pdjnpk.jpg

I'm going to be ambitious and make my first go at electronics (another thing I'm not well versed in).  Drilled the hole from the batter pack area to where the tube will attach:

IMG_7283_zpsjftvkot4.jpg

IMG_7284_zpsslnibirk.jpg

Since I'll need access to change the batteries I used the screw on method as opposed to permanently attaching it:

IMG_7287_zps84rcgar1.jpg

Used the black stickers for now but will probably paint them black when I'm done.

IMG_7288_zpszibyaebp.jpg

I'd be finished but again, I ran out of glue hahahaha!!!  More to come smile.png

Finished the baton:

Used a spring form a pen to make the button "functional" smile.png

IMG_7308_zpso3zwm3m4.jpg

IMG_7309_zpsohbgun3u.jpg

LED strip.  instead of using the strip I used a bit of electrical tape on ech end.  This way I can swap them out easier if I need to

IMG_7315_zps43rzozmk.jpg

IMG_7316_zpsdcmbjuap.jpg

IMG_7317_zpsc2fs0kpm.jpg

IMG_7318_zpsxvcxhhyk.jpg

IMG_7319_zps07g4dwrg.jpg

IMG_7320_zpsqkzsp6ty.jpg

IMG_7321_zpsgxzimdp8.jpg

IMG_7322_zpspgilyrvs.jpg

IMG_7323_zpsys2euaun.jpg

IMG_7324_zpszww9ifdy.jpg

IMG_7325_zpsgku81e3d.jpg

IMG_7326_zpsymqlpa5y.jpg

IMG_7328_zpsw2gvj4qh.jpg

IMG_7329_zpsht0isam6.jpg

IMG_7330_zpsa8igwsac.jpg

IMG_7331_zpsvjctwcys.jpg

IMG_7332_zpssgsfoo6n.jpg

IMG_7346_zpsdtmqnqzs.jpg

IMG_7347_zpsnghpags8.jpg

IMG_7337_zpszunk0llt.jpg

IMG_7339_zpsmvvu7bu8.jpg

IMG_7340_zpsj8w95pyd.jpg

IMG_7348_zpsfplxumuu.jpg

IMG_7351_zpsxgz4rvgi.jpg

IMG_7352_zpssjdvijx9.jpg

First Order Arsenal!!!

3D Printed F-11 and SE-44C Pistol on top

Resin F-11 w/ stock and Rubber SE-44C Pistol

Z6 Riot Control Baton

IMG_7333_zpsbclg4hlw.jpg

IMG_7334_zpsuoetidcp.jpg

* here's the update on that spray

I meant to update but forgot ... Randy gave me some awesome clear spray that makes glossy finish matte, I used it on the rifle because it was too shiny and it came out great.  Photos don't do it justice but here it is:

IMG_8261_zpsgapnnwi9.jpg

IMG_8262_zpsuotptcbm.jpg

IMG_8263_zpsiiyrnytx.jpg

IMG_8396_zpsbnkqi4ho.jpg

IMG_8395_zps7aksp41c.jpg

IMG_8393_zps99zzafrz.jpg

IMG_8390_zpst80yprsb.jpg

14102146_1661011494216593_86653921368597

14067518_1661011554216587_66506865420341

IMG_6340_zpscmsaa9lk.jpg

IMG_6337_zpst6jodsok.jpg

I do these more on my Garrison boards so some of the narrative might not make sense, I just try to copy over the big ones like this and my AM TK build for people here.  

Would it be okay to move this to the open area now?  I remember at one point there was a post saying we could send them over if we wanted, I'd be okay with it myself.

Edited by Navajo Bro
  • Like 1

Man, I love the pictures and diligence on this build thread. The persistence is amazing, as is the end product. Would you be open to us moving this to the public boards?

• Like 1

Man, I love the pictures and diligence on this build thread. The persistence is amazing, as is the end product. Would you be open to us moving this to the public boards?

Yes I would love to see it moved thanks!  

You could also edit the title to remove the "with questions" part, I couldn't figure out how to do that hahaha :)

Edited by Navajo Bro
  • Like 1

• Navajo Bro changed the title to Navajo Bro's FOTK Build Thread