Transporting an E-11

I am curious how most of you guys transport your blaster. I have been trooping for the past year, and usually wrap my blaster in a towel and put it in a backpack. It doesn't fit in my armor transport.

I recently attempted to make a carrying bag. It has a canvas shell and a soft flannel interior. In the middle is a thin layer of batting. Made some rookie mistakes along the way -- didn't roll the canvas over at the zipper seam and it frays, a bit big -- but it works for now. Just curious what others do.

I'll post some pics in a bit. Can't from my phone.

IMG_20150906_102140799_HDR_zps4rsbhckf_e

IMG_20150906_102245065_zps7nsmoftk.jpg

IMG_20150906_102153345_HDR_zpscesxivwb.j

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by DroidHunter
  • Like 2

Still looks good and smart idea. I'm still gathering ideas for when I get mine and seeing things like this helps me out too. Very creative and looks nice.

This is a GREAT idea, Bill!  I have been looking for something along these lines.  If you decide to make these to sell, please let me know. 

I use a tool box with foam padding inside. There is still some extra space to carry smaller items like the neck seal, gloves, and electronics. So far so good. It can take a hit and keep my blaster intact. I also place a lock on it or removable plastic tie wraps to make sure it doesn't pop open if dropped. :)  

4936695395526_zpspwcrbpfm.jpg

• Like 1

I use a towel also, then it goes in my suitcase, fits in nicely under the curve of the armor

This thread could not have come up at a better time! I'm currently in the process of building a specialized case for my E-11. I wanted to know that if I take it anywhere it would be secure. I also want it to look like something a trooper might actually carry with him. Just something to add to the trooping fun! :) Inside the case will be a few layers of foam to keep it in place. You can see one of them below.

image.jpg1_zpsz5b1jeci.jpg image.jpg2_zpsyeou6c4j.jpg

Edited by Machinimax
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Do you have the box dimensions for this? I actually want this exact box but I imagine it'd be hard to find it in Canada, I can never find European things here. boo lol

I measure it tomorrow and send you the dimensions. It was a box from a DeWalt Combo my dad bought, but he did not need the box :)

https://www.fronttool.de/akku-werkzeug/kombopack-dck287m2/a-932561267/?ReferrerID=7.00&gclid=CjwKEAjw1_KwBRDEz_WvncL4jGwSJAAEym0dHYXK1JW5H12kIh4N1T-_3TtmE18UchMBgrOGpyPuERoCqAjw_wcB