New armor additions to the FISD

JODOKAST

Apart from the regular TFA TK, I am guessing we can expect the following to be included in the FISD:

First Order Stormtrooper Officer (red pauldron)

First Order Stormtrooper Sergeant (black pauldron)

First Order Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper

Captain Phasma

What about the Flametrooper? The helmet design is more like that of the new Snowtrooper.

There is also the black with red stripes Elite Speeder Stormtrooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JODOKAST

Hmm...there will be debates whether the Flametrooper would belong to FISD or Spec Ops. As for the Elite Speeder biker the description on the box describes it as Special Edition First Order Stromrtrooper. So I'm not sure if it appears in the movie. Would be cool though. And since its black Spec Ops would want ownership over the CRL as well.

Hmmm spec ops as far as I know are purely EU (legacy may I dare call it now) TKs. I will vie for them all to be in FISD to start and let the debate about having their own detachment ensue. (Clint Randall for First Order DL!)

I think the snowy discussions are already happening on blizzard force.

If someone makes a good looking pauldron I would prefer I keep it under the existing TFA TK CRL as an optional accessory.... Like the TDs do.

Flame thrower? FISD to start. Someone needs to make the costume first.

Phasma will be its own costume. Who will be the first to take an anovos kit and rattle can it silver?

Just a few thoughts.

-Eric

I can tell you that we have been doing a lot of research and development on the flametrooper over at Spec Ops.

I can tell you that we have been doing a lot of research and development on the flametrooper over at Spec Ops.

Fascinating. Well spec ops it is.

-Eric

• Like 1

I think the variations with just the pauldron or tak vest will just that, optional accessories. No need for a different crl.<br><br>

I hope the NO TKs stay on FISD, they are stormtroopers after all.

• Like 2

I think the variations with just the pauldron or tak vest will just that, optional accessories. No need for a different crl.<br><br>

I hope the NO TKs stay on FISD, they are stormtroopers after all.

A little selfishly I do too. But I think FISD should be the place because I think we're best equipped to be caretakers of build threads and the CRLs... but I am open to a new detachment indeed.

Todd: I'm sorry if I made it seem like I'm crapping on spec ops. I hope you know I love you guys. 

-Eric

That Heavy Gunner.... Whew! Did I see someone already post what the ammo vest is that the heavy is wearing? 

Yes, the tactical vests seem to be black Law Enforcement Chest Rig from Flyye Industries:

http://www.flyyeindustries.com/ArticleShow.asp?ProdID=0668

• Like 1

Yes, the tactical vests seem to be black Law Enforcement Chest Rig from Flyye Industries:

http://www.flyyeindustries.com/ArticleShow.asp?ProdID=0668

Wait, so it's a found part?  It says pre-order only - any other way to get one? Would love to have it for the opening...

As has been stated, I tend to think that the FO Flametrooper is more suited to SpecOps. The differences between it and the FO Stormtrooper in terms of the armor itself are enormous - it is very much a different suit. Same for the elite (black) FO trooper in that it ought to belong to SpecOps, although the only difference I see between it and the standard FO stormtrooper is the paint job.

As for tac vests, there is also this:----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

If anyone finds someone providing the Flametrooper armor please post it here on our boards. Eagerly waiting for it's creation!

AFAIK, the helmet is prototyped out and a run may start.  I know one person working on armor from pep files, but I'm guessing there may be more...it should be a hot costume to get ...

• Like 1

AFAIK, the helmet is prototyped out and a run may start.  I know one person working on armor from pep files, but I'm guessing there may be more...it should be a hot costume to get ...

I see what you did there with the pun....

I was actually hoping the Flametrooper falls under FISD just so I can view WIP threads all on one website (sometimes I am that lazy) but I won't complain if it falls under Spec Ops. In logical terms, a Flametroop does feel very spec ops-ish.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think there are enough variants to share so all the Dets get what they want. Spec Ops was not designated to be specifically EU, although it does contain EU characters. Expect to see a "Fear" Shadow Trooper in the upcoming Cantina scene. :jc_doublethumbup: The EU Det is Flagship Eclipse.

I think between the FISD & the Spec Ops Det leadership, we'll come to amicable terms like we always have in the past.

We've been brother Dets from the start & always helped each other out.

• Like 1

I see what you did there with the pun....

I was actually hoping the Flametrooper falls under FISD just so I can view WIP threads all on one website (sometimes I am that lazy) but I won't complain if it falls under Spec Ops. In logical terms, a Flametroop does feel very spec ops-ish.

Also, the base armor is not the same. Typically FISD does "base white armor" + paint. SpecOps is where variations fall with custom armor, and that would make sense for the FT troopers, who is not using the same base FO armor.

As Kevin alludes, with rare exception the DL's of SpecOps & FISD have always worked harmoniously together these past 10 years.

• Like 1

The flametrooper has in some ways more in common with the FO snowtrooper than the FO stormtrooper.  We have a whole section dedicated to the flametrooper over at Spec Ops including helmet, armor, tank, and flamethrower builds:  http://forum.501stspecopsdet.net/index.php?/forum/82-first-order-flametrooper-tfa/.  There's nothing wrong with discussing it here, but feel free to check out what we have going-on over there as well.

Edited by Toddo
  • Like 3