Where to get TFA armor/kit?

shnar

I've been seeing mention of Alpha and Beta kits people have gotten, assuming from Anovos, but I've search and can't find a post explaining where or how such kits were purchased. I can't find anything on Anovos.com either about such kits being available. I'm assuming these were sold "by invite only" as specials to 501st members? Is there any way for us pre-members to gain access to them?

-shnar

Hit 501st.com and find your local detachment. Get in touch with them. Check out the costume references and you'll see the two letter codes like IC and TK and TI.

Anovos does plan to have these available to non 501st members by mid Dec though, right? I was hoping for this to be the build to get me in.

For the record, the TFA TK is NOT a build I would recommend for a first-time armored costume builder, especially if you are working alone or without anyone with prior hands-on experience. It's actually a lot more like building a clonetrooper than a stormtrooper. I've personally built or assisted in building dozens of stormtroopers, yet my TFA build was a real challenge - and there are definitely things I would do differently if I were to do it again.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The kit comes with a parts list, but there are no instructions. In fact, I've never seen a plastic armor kit that comes with instructions.

You can, however, find lots of help here on the forums from people that have built them.

• Like 1

Worked with some In my garrison. As a newbie I realized I am in no way ready to try and build a tfa armor (and it needs lots of fixes). I'll be happy when my tk is done. But been slacking and got my tie done first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you've ordered your kit from Anovos, they will email you a link to the instructions on their website.

Access to the instructions is restricted, since they are still evolving, so that is why you need to login with your Anovos account.

The instructions are very well done with plenty of pictures, and there is a template to cut shims for the inside of the butt joints for the biceps and gauntlets.

The build threads here on FISD go into lots of detail and offer more thorough discussion and explanation. Plus you get to learn from the oopsies of those who have gone before you!

Charlie

• Like 3

Once you've ordered your kit from Anovos, they will email you a link to the instructions on their website.

Access to the instructions is restricted, since they are still evolving, so that is why you need to login with your Anovos account.

The instructions are very well done with plenty of pictures, and there is a template to cut shims for the inside of the butt joints for the biceps and gauntlets.

The build threads here on FISD go into lots of detail and offer more thorough discussion and explanation. Plus you get to learn from the oopsies of those who have gone before you!

Charlie

That's great thanks for the info , I will be bugging you guys on here for tips ,once I have my armour

Hey everyone. Just curious if anybody knows if Anovos is the only current supplier of the TFA armor. If so, does anyone know when they're going to sell a complete kit? I know they're offering to current 501st members, but like others in this thread, I was going to make this my entry piece.

Not sure if there are others but Anovos is the only licensed supplier of TFA armor. If there are others, they won't be accurate. So far I've heard closer to movie time, Christmas, early next year. So it's anyones guess right now. It's just wait and save for now... and clean my garage to make room for the build. Like you, I want this to be my entry build. Just keep tabs on Anovos by getting on their email list, and follow them on social media if you haven't already. Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Any updates on this info guys?

Check out the project runs section over on the RPF for this stuff.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to find here... :blink:

Here's a couple:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=245993

and

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=246803

Just search the project runs forum for star wars. All sorts of stuff from TFA is being produced.

HTH,

-Ted