Pencap510's TFA Build Thread

Pencap510

So I've been quiet lately, but been VERY BUSY getting ready for premier! Glad to report that the only thing remaining for me to do is attach the metal holster (shouldn't take long at all) and finish up my last gasket (being done as we speak. Oh yea- and as soon as my envelop arrives from Tony- put my black backing in with the gaffers tape and fabric.

If anyone wants to see a specific picture let me know. My goal is to be completely suited and ready for trial run Saturday evening/ Sunday

Here are some recent snaps:

This beauty came in yesterday:

hlFQjYd.jpg

Finished Ab:

iZbLpAU.jpg

Belt assembled:

iP2EbOi.jpg

Chest:

bvFnbYJ.jpg

As ugly as it is- I didn't want to put to much stress on the insert piece..all though IT AINT GOING ANYWHERE. So I build a bridge with spare abs to connect to my yoke strap.

4yz5xsW.jpg

As much as I hated working on this piece- my patience paid off. Not to bad:

Eks0Usc.jpg

rwChcTJ.jpg

Gauntlet:

MFxY2nQ.jpg

And last gasket almost done :)

SkrxVpc.jpg

Edited by Pencap510

So the past few days have been fast and furious finishing this build. I haven't documented near as well as I would have liked, but there comes a time when you are DONE. There are so many to throw thanks to I know ill forget some, but you know who you are.

What out further, here are some pics :)

ViEJOlE.jpg

vvCgJ0G.jpg

cztyKbf.jpg

K8Iq8KM.jpg

2fpmdYH.jpg

lRGnhYr.jpg

AD0B1bh.jpg

Me wishing I had a blaster :)

31nurcR.jpg

It's beginning to look a lot like a STAR WARS CHRISTMAS :)

5MYwPEp.jpg

Armor looks good. What is your method to prevent the chest piece from popping out off the Back/neck yoke? From your pictures the right side is clearly up. I resorted tonight to using magnets. I know others have inserted snaps or velcro to keep it secure there.

2nd look at your thread . . . you say you have a yolk strap. Did it pop loose?

Edited by DarkTrooper

Yep- I have snaps on the inside- and the right one popped. Not quite sure how, but I've got to fiddle with it a bit. This thing is SOLID on- but as I'm sure many have worn it know, mobility is next to 0. Even with the cloth gaskets, I can BARELY get my helmet off- and can't life my arms out to the sides much at all. Definitely a different costume to wear.

Getting dressed by yourself. - LOL. YEAH RIGHT

Looks great!  :duim:

You might want to fiddle a bit with the position of the shins and forearms, small adjustments make big difference in mobility on this one. I wear the shins a few inches higher and most importantly I rotated my forearms so that the cutout on the coverpiece (the one with the rail greeble) lines up with the elbow crease. I managed to reach my helmet that way.  :D

• Like 1

Excellent call out - I found I could get my helmet on and off if the forearms were slid all the way down (toward my wrist) and that cut out lined up. Your sooo right. It's all about positioning. Legs were ok, I was able to make a light "jog" happens :). Anyone else notice that you squeak a lot in this suit?

Well, had my first troop in the gear- and I'm happy to say everything went flawless, and what a BIG troop it was. We were invited by a certain "mouse" to greet guest on the red carpet as they entered for the premier last night. Other than some pinch marks on my wrists from adjusting my helmet.. I was able to put on and take of my helmet - and had no stress cracks at all in the suit.

My cloth gaskets worked wonderful- and my wife has agreed to do a small run after the new year, so be on the look out for that thread with specifics.

Either way- here are a few pics.

Rx2TexJ.jpg

u3TtY4r.jpg

6I78UGa.jpg

gwApghU.jpg