Hand Made First Order TK

Progress update:

I think that's it for the Master Mold! Now to let it cure and fiberglass mother mold tomorrow!

18411F7F-AF12-42BD-B491-004B2FF1FE03_zps

First of all let me start by saying I really love the bucket + armor you made / gathered, looks amazing!

May I also bother you with a little question (I'm working on a bucket also, and really love what you did with the casting): what silicone did you use to create that inner mould (Is it silicone?), is it brushed on, or poured on?

Thx in advance,

Nektarrr

Now that I've finished my armor, finally getting around to upgrading my helmet's kill stripes. Made a mold of the 3D printed pieces and cast them in Smooth-Cast 305. Then cut out the old stripes!

412BC57E-F888-4761-9B9A-D10FFA8089D1_zps

Glued in the new ones and sand to smooth! I think it looks pretty good!

F36E69F0-38AF-40FD-8501-84CBD5371C0F_zps

Looks good bud. Will these updated kill stripes be made available? And how did you go about cutting and gluing in the new stripes?

Most likely I will. Nominal fee plus shipping. I will post detailed pics once I finish my bucket upgrade.

Now that I've upgraded my bucket decided to try my hand at something new! Matrix mold! I followed Sorenzo Prop's tutorial on Youtube. Hopefully this will resolve several of the mold imperfections I've struggled with.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNg7kAd_NUwsQ4wcjLSpVqZFaeY7Q9uqp

E009B83B-D299-4E5E-97FA-80F6B21678EA_zps

32ADC1A2-35B7-471D-A371-666CED9EFD38_zps

D0AB7CF7-E842-4038-AB5E-A04E2A44EECE_zps

• Like 1

More enhancements in the works.

I made a minor tweak to the beak to pull it in just under the visor. It's very subtle, but feel it's more screen accurate. I also am trying a different mold approach as I've struggled with getting good beaks.

3AB06814-CA10-4778-ADED-414B1F1865BC_zps

I have also spent some time fine sanding the visor buck. Trying to get a smoother surface to improve visibility yet retain the bubble visor look.

5F1D4D93-962C-41F1-82B1-2199C3DB487B_zps

Looking forward to getting new parts out of these molds and see how they turn out!

• Like 1